onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope.

keeled56

Try these for size but not afraid in order.

Bert Lewellyn

Tony richards Ally Brown

Jackie mudie Darren beckford

John Rowland Tony Naylor

Ernie Moss

Bob Newton

Andy Jones and if you wanted another goalscorer but not a centre forward you could not better cliff portwood.

All decent shouts but better Vale strikers than Tom Pope, questionable for many and a matter of opinion, some didn't play many games for the Vale.

Bert Lewellyn - Great payer for the Vale but played for just 2 1/2 years - 42 goals/88 apps.

Tony richards - Loved watching him play but he was often injured - 30/63

Jackie mudie - From what I remember of him he was the classic No 10, not an out and out striker, saw him make his debut for Vale - 9/54

John Rowland - One of my favorite Vale players - 40/149

Ernie Moss - 23/74

Bob Newton - 22/48

Tom Pope - 58/158

Into that mix you could add Roy Chapman 35/76.

Advert

How many assists has got this season? A big fat 0, yet people still slate Willo who also has goals and a few assists to his name this season.

ALF doesn't play for the Vale though.

So why are you bringing up the past with your craps argument.

Who is he supposed to assist this season? he's upfront on his own, people slate willo because he misses so many easy chances

With all due respect Old Sage its you who needs to smell the coffee.

No approach has been made by Barnsley and if there had been I would not accept their offer

I understand your loyalty but no one player is bigger than the Club,I have paid Tom's wages without quibble but the ridiculous deal that PW signed him on seriously puts the Club finances and mine under stress

I will offer Tom a contract consistent with the Club's finance and understand as you previously stated you will not buy a ST if he leaves

My position will not change

With respect Smurf I don't remember saying that I wouldn't buy a ticket (but through my comment I may have alluded to it). Seriously though if the likes of myself who I consider is one of the 3-4000 hardcore fans is thinking like this then the floaters will surely be thinking in this manner.

I feel the comments on here about the team playing better in Tom's absence that this is surely due to the change in management as clearly Adams wasn't popular with several of the first team players and their efforts are the reason for the better results and not the style of play that Pope demands. If fact a fit Tom Pope would relish more crosses and less hoofing it up the pitch as we have often resorted to in the past.

He's got to be in somewhere between 3k to 5k per week with incentives.

I heard somewhere he was on £1,800 a week- surely that's still great for Pope at this level and more realistic. If 1,800 is the right figure or thereabouts, I would say Smurf is looking to bring Pope's deal down to £1,000 a week £52,000 a year.

With respect Smurf I don't remember saying that I wouldn't buy a ticket (but through my comment I may have alluded to it). Seriously though if the likes of myself who I consider is one of the 3-4000 hardcore fans is thinking like this then the floaters will surely be thinking in this manner.

I feel the comments on here about the team playing better in Tom's absence that this is surely due to the change in management as clearly Adams wasn't popular with several of the first team players and their efforts are the reason for the better results and not the style of play that Pope demands. If fact a fit Tom Pope would relish more crosses and less hoofing it up the pitch as we have often resorted to in the past.

I used to love Marc Richards and was gutted when he left. at no point did I think I best not bother with a season ticket or watching the vale this year. Just because one player has left dosent mean you stop watching your club. Again pope is not bigger than vale!

When Pope retires from football he is unlikely to reach the salary level he is presently at. He could have an injury which would cut short is career. So Pope has to make the money now. Who can blame him for that. Equally Smurf has to look after his investment,my beloved club. Who can blame him for that. Hopefully a compromise can be reached. If not I would wish Popey well and thank him for his incredible contribution to the Vale. He is in my top four strikers of my time. Well out ahead are two strikers, Andy Jones followed by Foyley. Popey would be level third with John James.

So why are you bringing up the past with your craps argument.

Who is he supposed to assist this season? he's upfront on his own, people slate willo because he misses so many easy chances

I brought up the past because it's a fact and not crap, he's had one great season with us. Willo who everyone thinks is a non league striker as contributed to more goals than Pope this season that's not crap it's fact.

Archived