onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope.

keeled56

No REP I recognise quality and appreciate a good striker, it's no mystery really.

The only mystery to me is how some seem almost happy to accept Smurthwaite's short sighted stance.

I'll say it now any money saved by allowing Tom to leave will be over shadowed by our goal output and loss in ST sales.

Quality I will give you in the case of Pope but Dodds really? He's got one goal all season!!

I'd support the chairman who has put money into the club in our lifetimes than anyone else over the pain of losing one player.

Equally I'd take sustainability over a disgusting third admin caused by over spending and I'm absolutely any right minded Vale fan would too, you and indeed Tom himself included.

We also aren't privvy to what is being talked about behind closed doors now both parties have thankfully decided to keep their council on the matter.

One thing I do find inappropriate is Wilson talking about another team's player in such a way the day before he plays against his team. No decent manager with anything about him would stoop so low.

Advert

If the game's on Saturday we will know for sure if he's going or not can't see Barnsley wanting him to play if there is a deal done.

The fact the ball is lumped to Pope is not down to him and TBH doing that misses a trick for us as he has quite good feet for a man his size. If we had a midfield that could create changes I think we may see the return of the goal scorer he is. If Barnsley have a decent midfield to do that I think he might surprise a few people.

Whatever happens good luck to Tom I've enjoyed watching him.

I like Yates TD, but I am concerned by the number of replacements he has seen off. How hard can a middle of the road right back be to come by? That said, I hope/believe Page will scout for players a bit more actively than Adams used to.

weird isnt it ?

id have no issue with us replacing any player for a better player whilst staying solvent, i think you and I both grasp that is far harder than it sounds though

you are talking mumbo jumbo. who are the recent good goalscorers we have had bar Pope? Hughes was bought in on a short-term basis to get us promoted on big wages. Long term goalscorers are hard to come by unless you pay good money. If you are happy with a strike force of Williamson' date=' Campion, and the hope that we bring another goalscorer of Pope's ability then thank god you don't have any involvement with managing the club. Have you written this season off already just because we lost to Crewe ort something?[/quote']

So Constantine, Sodje, McPhee and Richards didnt score goals?

Cheers for yet another compliment, have I ever expressed any need to move into football management? No, Im a fan with a view is that not allowed or is only your point allowed to be expressed?

No Ive not written the season off, In my opinion there is a real chance to give some other lads a go and prepare for next year, if we wanted the play offs then we would have strengthened in January.

Am I happy with a strike force of Williamson and Campion? No, but we also have Nguessan and still Nimely for the time being, Nguessan scored goals up front for Swindon last year and deserves a full crack up front for us.

Campion is still yet to be given a chance, and for all of Williamsons bad sides he has scored as many as Pope, before you say well Popes been injured, the game time is nearly equal. (Yes pope is a far better player)

I repeat and have done throughout this thread why cant we find a replacement for pope? We signed him for free, not on the biggest wages and he did excellent, now im sure this happens with different sides throughout the country, look at the lad for Oldham this season, Forte, done nothing before now, and had a very good season this time around. There are players out there, they will probably be unproven as pope was when we signed him but there is no reason why they cant score 15 in league 1.

Archived