onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope.

keeled56

I brought up the past because it's a fact and not crap, he's had one great season with us. Willo who everyone thinks is a non league striker as contributed to more goals than Pope this season that's not crap it's fact.

But when I bring up facts about when he used to play with me fondre it's irrelevant?? The fact is popes been injured for 3 months , that's facts. So in your opinion Williamson is better than pope, I'd have a quiet word with yourself, step away from the laptop and get outside for some fresh air.

Advert

All decent shouts but better Vale strikers than Tom Pope, questionable for many and a matter of opinion, some didn't play many games for the Vale.

Bert Lewellyn - Great payer for the Vale but played for just 2 1/2 years - 42 goals/88 apps.

Tony richards - Loved watching him play but he was often injured - 30/63

Jackie mudie - From what I remember of him he was the classic No 10, not an out and out striker, saw him make his debut for Vale - 9/54

John Rowland - One of my favorite Vale players - 40/149

Ernie Moss - 23/74

Bob Newton - 22/48

Tom Pope - 58/158

Into that mix you could add Roy Chapman 35/76.

Football is all about opinions and in mine they were all better than pope will ever be.The argument really comes down to money and all through the many years iv been supporting the vale we have never been blessed with money we will have to always cut our cloth i only wish it was not so.My father was a supporter for 75 years i followed and my 2 children are the same its in my blood i could never support any other team all through the past players that became heroes to me had to be sold by the club it will never change unless we somehow get more fans going than we ever had before.I did not like it when horton left i hated it when stoke pinched mark chamberlain off us but that is the reality of being a vale fan pope has already said he has to look after his family if we cannot match his wages so be it thanks tom for what you have done and i hope you get what you think you deserve but i will always put the vale first if we cannot afford so be it vale till i die.

But when I bring up facts about when he used to play with me fondre it's irrelevant?? The fact is popes been injured for 3 months , that's facts. So in your opinion Williamson is better than pope, I'd have a quiet word with yourself, step away from the laptop and get outside for some fresh air.

I've never said that Willo is better than Pope, please show me where I have said this otherwise go out and get some fresh air. And again Vale do not have ALF, I am talking about his facts as a VALE player.

And the fact that Pope has been out for 3 months is irrelevant as up until boxing day Willo had played the same amount of minutes that is fact. Yet everyone wants Pope to be on a fortune, yet Willo is only non league standard.

Strikers with the same clubs over the years tend to have one or two very good seasons the rest if they remain at their respective clubs then have mediocre ones, have we peaked with Pope who knows? But what has always happened if they leave for pastures new they never seem to do as good there is always someone else to step up ie Charlie Austin at Burnley replaced by Danny inngs as the new kid on the block

I think if Pope does go then a chance would be created for Campion to take up the mantle.....lets face it he knows where the goal is and having seen him play about four times now is overall a better player, good in the air got two good feet,can hold up play, strong, can run the channels and takes a mean free kick!!

I heard somewhere he was on £1,800 a week- surely that's still great for Pope at this level and more realistic. If 1,800 is the right figure or thereabouts, I would say Smurf is looking to bring Pope's deal down to £1,000 a week £52,000 a year.

I think you need to adjust some of your thoughts! I would say most squad players at Vale are on 1-2K @ week with our stars probably approaching 2.5-3.5k @week.

I've never said that Willo is better than Pope, please show me where I have said this otherwise go out and get some fresh air. And again Vale do not have ALF, I am talking about his facts as a VALE player.

You stated he's contributed more than pope , clearly a wind up merchant or moron.

How is pope being injured irrelevant when you keep banging on about this season , you contradict your own argument .

Latest from Smurf.

Norman Smurthwaite @smurfpvfc

Valiants.I was at Barnsley today for 4 hours & not once was Pope mentioned in any conversation with Club officials.Game warrants no comment.

Wilson says Vale know our position in the sentinel tonight so strange. Can't really afford to lose him if Campion and Willo are out injured for a while and N'Guessan is off.

I think you need to adjust some of your thoughts! I would say most squad players at Vale are on 1-2K @ week with our stars probably approaching 2.5-3.5k @week.

How do you know that? Seriously where are the foundations that form the facts...I would LOVE to know how underpaid or overpaid some of the Vale players are...as the case may be.

If you are going off the wage bill, you cannot really use that as an example, as you can only work out a median average, and for instance Adams was on 100k a year, are you saying some of the players are way in excess of that? Surely not...and if they are...they need f***** off.

Archived