onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope.

keeled56

You stated he's contributed more than pope , clearly a wind up merchant or moron.

How is pope being injured irrelevant when you keep banging on about this season , you contradict your own argument .

He has contributed to more goals than Pope this season, that's a fact. If you want to ignore facts then maybe you're the moron ;-)

Advert

I've never said that Willo is better than Pope, please show me where I have said this otherwise go out and get some fresh air. And again Vale do not have ALF, I am talking about his facts as a VALE player.
Pope was played out on the left wing when Richards was at the club fact. Your comments comparing Williamson to Pope are frankly laughable.

Strikers with the same clubs over the years tend to have one or two very good seasons the rest if they remain at their respective clubs then have mediocre ones, have we peaked with Pope who knows? But what has always happened if they leave for pastures new they never seem to do as good there is always someone else to step up ie Charlie Austin at Burnley replaced by Danny inngs as the new kid on the block

I think if Pope does go then a chance would be created for Campion to take up the mantle.....lets face it he knows where the goal is and having seen him play about four times now is overall a better player, good in the air got two good feet,can hold up play, strong, can run the channels and takes a mean free kick!!

I'd tell that to Page, John because he can't seem to see it!

Pope was played out on the left wing when Richards was at the club fact. Your comments comparing Williamson to Pope are frankly laughable.

Why is it laughable? Iam not saying Williamson is better than Pope, what I find laughable is people like you come on here wanting the club to pay an arm and a leg for a player who has had one great season for the club.

The fact remains Williamson has contributed to more goals than Popey this season. The fact remains that although Popey has been out for 3 months that up until 1 month ago they had both played exact same minutes.

The fact remains that Williamson has scored more goals than Pope and has more assists than Pope, yet let's keep paying Pope a fortune. That's laughable, I know you have an infatuation with Pope, but IMO and I mean MY opinion I don't think Popey is worth it.

That was under mad Jim's tenure. Adams played him alongside Richards.

It looks like the poster is comparing Williamson to Pope in terms of goals and assists this season, not in any orher capacity which is reasonable considering their positions on the field.

Why is it laughable? Iam not saying Williamson is better than Pope, what I find laughable is people like you come on here wanting the club to pay an arm and a leg for a player who has had one great season for the club.

The fact remains Williamson has contributed to more goals than Popey this season. The fact remains that although Popey has been out for 3 months that up until 1 month ago they had both played exact same minutes.

The fact remains that Williamson has scored more goals than Pope and has more assists than Pope, yet let's keep paying Pope a fortune. That's laughable, I know you have an infatuation with Pope, but IMO and I mean MY opinion I don't think Popey is worth it.

First up they have scored the same amount of goals this season with regards to assists I can't remember a great many goals that Williamson has helped to set up.

I find it amusing that you know how much Pope earns but perhaps he has told you. One thing I am pretty sure of is that whatever the figure it won't be any considerable amount more than other L1 clubs leading scorers. The crux of the matter is that proven scorers command good money. Surely you don't need me to justify my claim.

First up they have scored the same amount of goals this season with regards to assists I can't remember a great many goals that Williamson has helped to set up.

I find it amusing that you know how much Pope earns but perhaps he has told you. One thing I am pretty sure of is that whatever the figure it won't be any considerable amount more than other L1 clubs leading scorers. The crux of the matter is that proven scorers command good money. Surely you don't need me to justify my claim.

Doesn't Williamson have 10 goals and Pope has 9, Williamson has also set up 2 of Popes goals off the top of my head Doncaster and Oldham away. Didn't he also set up your other infatuation Dodds with his only goal this season away at Crawley?

So without Willo Popey would only have 7 goals this season. Without Popey Willo would still have 10 goals.

I have never claimed to know how much Popey is on, I am going off our chairman saying that as a club we can't afford to keep paying that wage.

I agree that his wage won't be a considerable amount more than other League 1 leading scorers, and here lies the problem Tom Pope is not a league 1 leading scorer and he wasn't last season either.

He has contributed to more goals than Pope this season, that's a fact. If you want to ignore facts then maybe you're the moron ;-)

So you are suggesting Williamson is better than pope still?

The fact is Popes been injured for half the season !! He also played in the games when we were managed by Adams and playing garbage . Another fact. Fact is pope is far better than Williamson , ignoring that fact would make anyone a moron.

Doesn't Williamson have 10 goals and Pope has 9, Williamson has also set up 2 of Popes goals off the top of my head Doncaster and Oldham away. Didn't he also set up your other infatuation Dodds with his only goal this season away at Crawley?

So without Willo Popey would only have 7 goals this season. Without Popey Willo would still have 10 goals.

I have never claimed to know how much Popey is on, I am going off our chairman saying that as a club we can't afford to keep paying that wage.

I agree that his wage won't be a considerable amount more than other League 1 leading scorers, and here lies the problem Tom Pope is not a league 1 leading scorer and he wasn't last season either.

Using your own stats this season.

Pope played 19 scored 9 , goal every 2.1 games.

Williamson played 31 scored 10 , goal every 3.1 games.

Still he's contributed more.....

Archived