onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season Tickets: availability; prices

IanW

Advert

no one is denying that 13 quid a game is superb value for money, but to do that you have to stump 300 up front and for those who are on a shoestring and were hoping for a decent pay monthly plan its a kick in the nuts, i simply cant do it either way i look at it atm very frustrated :(

You knew that season tickets were out this month? Why not save up over the year?

no one is denying that 13 quid a game is superb value for money, but to do that you have to stump 300 up front and for those who are on a shoestring and were hoping for a decent pay monthly plan its a kick in the nuts, i simply cant do it either way i look at it atm very frustrated :(

I'd never tell anyone how to spend their money and if people haven't got the funds I do sympathise. However, two points:

1) Everyone knows approximately how much the ST's would be & when the money would be due so why not save in advance? If you started saving £25/ month now you'd have next years sorted.

2) Some people I know complain about the Vale ST prices but think nothing of blowing £80 on tickets, travel, ale & food for an away game.

The "new" company has to start business after 6th April 2013, so Vale cannot surcharge for using Debit Cards, only charge actual bank charge of about 25p. Challege if you want to pay by Derbit Card.

Further to that ,having spoke to the Lloyds TSB,they said Vale can charge on credit cards if it is their policy.(.Lloyds receive no payments from Vale if credit cards are used) Debit card payment surcharges are 0%.They did say a tiny bit of commission is involved but that wouldn't be the 3% I think that is being charged with credit card payments.

I'd never tell anyone how to spend their money and if people haven't got the funds I do sympathise. However, two points:

1) Everyone knows approximately how much the ST's would be & when the money would be due so why not save in advance? If you started saving £25/ month now you'd have next years sorted.

2) Some people I know complain about the Vale ST prices but think nothing of blowing £80 on tickets, travel, ale & food for an away game.

As you're saying it ,I've said it ,Jean has said it.It's £6 per week or 2 less pints per week or even a packet of fags less per week.In other words drinking rots your liver,smoking damages your lungs,Vale will only break your heart.:D

That doesn't tell the whole story though does it. Sheffield categorise their games A, B and Family days. You can get in for a tenner on family days but very few games fall into this category so it's not a reflection of the regular cost of attending Bramall Lane.
Similar to our Burton day, except planned? Also with an Average att of 18k in 11/12, their economics are different to the teams with

I must admit I never follow the argument about only having three weeks to find the money - did no one know they were going to buy a season ticket before today then?

Given we've just attracted more than double our normal crowds you'd hope that a chunk of these may have considered it where they've not had one before or not for many years.

The short deadline could be deemed counter productive to some of those that have just been attracted back?

Further to that ,having spoke to the Lloyds TSB,they said Vale can charge on credit cards if it is their policy.(.Lloyds receive no payments from Vale if credit cards are used) Debit card payment surcharges are 0%.They did say a tiny bit of commission is involved but that wouldn't be the 3% I think that is being charged with credit card payments.
Can TicketMaster charge an administration fee?

I was wondering about that and it does seem a little silly, if you've got an ST why would you need to send in the stub?

I was wondering that as well, they are supposed to have one of those database thingys ( I think they are called) with season ticket holders information in, why should a season ticket holder have to prove they were at the last game of the season when they have paid to go to every home league game?

So, we've just got promoted to a higher league, we've seen the new owners are willing to put their money were their mouths are with the January signings. Paul Wildes has gone on record in the local press that we want to push on in League 1 next season, and people are moaning about paying an extra £20-£30 on their season ticket? It baffles me.

What do people want? A season ticket for £270, no improvement in the squad and relegation next season plus a return to the days of Bratt et al where we were signing the likes of Neil MacKenzie and Chris Slater, and our forward line consisted of Kyle Perry and Danny Glover. If rather pay an extra £30, move up the league and watch players of the calibre of Hughes/Pope/Jones/JMW etc personally.

Dont forget Cheeky me owd fruit,many moaned about being charged full price for the last game and look what happened,i think the prices are decent and i am sure we paid around 325 once to watch league 2 under v2001?? could be wrong on that though.

Given we've just attracted more than double our normal crowds you'd hope that a chunk of these may have considered it where they've not had one before or not for many years.

The short deadline could be deemed counter productive to some of those that have just been attracted back?

Stop being so ****** clever, Bede! Alternatively they could follow your example to raise the cash by going down the docks and selling their bodies to sailors.

Archived