onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season Tickets: availability; prices

IanW

Since you asked, Sting will reply.

Season ticket prices are set about right but pay on the day prices are now too expensive, perhaps some sort of discount on buying multi-tickets can combat this but Sting is not convinced.

Sting doesn't think there is much he can do about things though. Just keep plodding on; Sting will just keep plodding on.

What do you think about cutting down a rainforest in order to print all the tickets that we're going to sell?

Advert

They have also frozen season ticket prices every season since we got promoted, we don't pay a penny more than we did 5 years ago. It's more than most have done and in the current economic climate they deserve some credit for that........

Would be interested to see what our ST price was in our last season in League 1. I'd expect it to be similar to what it is now.

All in all I am a little disappointed, not at the actual price of the Season tickets but more at the pay monthly offer that they have put on. I would be quite happy with the pay monthly if the total cost at the end was the same as the people who have the money to pay upfront had paid. I am sure that it was mentioned that it would be an interest free option, which I suppose it is as there is no mention of interest, but sticking an extra 70 odd quid on the price is a little disappointing.

As I did not have a season ticket this year it has been an expensive year to be a vale fan, only missing the odd home game due to working and going to probably 10 plus away games, I was looking forward to something like £100 deposit and then maybe 8 months to pay the balance taking us to Christmas at say £30 a month. As it is now I am not going to pay the extra cost just because I don't have a spare £300 lying around. Like previous posters have said this offer hits those of us who don't have a wad of cash twice, charging more for the monthly payment plan but I you don't do that then you have to pay £2 per game.

As much as I respect all of the decisions that Wildes has made so far as he seems to have the midas touch this one does leave me disappointed.

Just hope there is an offer on say a block of games or maybe a half season ticket later in the year so that I can go down that route.

ST prices are very fair, I'll be steaming in on one, job's a good 'un. Installment offer is outrageous, although people should prepare themselves for a season ticket purchase over a year not moan about trying to find £300 in a week or two once they come on sale, they're on sale the same time every year, it's not like it's a big surprise. If you can't afford to save a fiver a week towards a season ticket you can't afford a season ticket.

Would have been nice to offer a £20 ticket for walk ups, at least in some area(s), its psychological more than anything. I bet there aren't many League One clubs where you can't get in to some area of the ground for £20.

Its easy to say "prepare" and "save" for a season ticket if you already have one and you are just renewing, but if you did not have one last year and went to pretty much every home game I could get to and 10 or more away games then its not so easy

Given we've just attracted more than double our normal crowds you'd hope that a chunk of these may have considered it where they've not had one before or not for many years.

The short deadline could be deemed counter productive to some of those that have just been attracted back?

I understand your point, Bede, but would suggest an opposite view is also relevant. The longer people have to consider buying a season ticket, the more alternative ways to spend that money come to mind. The short deadline might just prompt them to purchase their season ticket.

The philosophy of the owners must be to generate the maximum amount of money in the shortest period of time to enable the playing squad to be improved for next season, something I'm sure we all agree will be required.

Its easy to say "prepare" and "save" for a season ticket if you already have one and you are just renewing, but if you did not have one last year and went to pretty much every home game I could get to and 10 or more away games then its not so easy

Tip for you. If you are worrying about paying your St then cut back on the away games. We are all in the same boat.

What do you think about cutting down a rainforest in order to print all the tickets that we're going to sell?

Give Forest Green Rovers a bell and find out best GREEN practice. Maybe all printed on re-cycled paper or just have a credit card style ST ? (Assuming the new high tech turnstiles are installed)

Surely the £22 walk up price is to get more money off the away fans? If Vale fans buy tickets for 2/3/4 + games online we would get a discount so it will then cost £20 or so a game.

It also encourages people to get a season ticket . Pay at the railway gate £506, season ticket £305, so you'd save even if you didn't turn up for 9 games.

Mind you, the voucher scheme is a bit ingenuous- bump up the price 20% and then say the voucher saves you about 7% (fag packet rough guide). It also creates unnecessary hassle as everybody will either have one or will be able to get their hands on one. Last year I could renew by phone, this year I've had to post in.

It also encourages people to get a season ticket . Pay at the railway gate £506, season ticket £305, so you'd save even if you didn't turn up for 9 games.

Mind you, the voucher scheme is a bit ingenuous- bump up the price 20% and then say the voucher saves you about 7% (fag packet rough guide). It also creates unnecessary hassle as everybody will either have one or will be able to get their hands on one. Last year I could renew by phone, this year I've had to post in.

Is it possible to download a ST form? Cant seem to find them this season, any ideas anyone?

Surely, if I had a season ticket last year, they would know I have a stub, and they could give me a £20 discount without me having to drive nearly 190 miles return just to hand in my stub. the stub says "season ticket" on it, so they would only need to take personal/postal applications from stub holders that wwre not season ticket stubs.

Archived