onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season Tickets: availability; prices

IanW

Have we not had a close season before?

As I've already pointed out and it's quite simple really our average crowd this year as been around the 5000 mark and we have for two weeks gained an extra 7000 for the hype or the cheap price. They are hardly going to get into the habit of going back to the vale in two weeks are they?

Advert

As I've already pointed out and it's quite simple really our average crowd this year as been around the 5000 mark and we have for two weeks gained an extra 7000 for the hype or the cheap price. They are hardly going to get into the habit of going back to the vale in two weeks are they?

But the thing is, the 5,700 average crowd are not the same 5,700 every week - the identity of those in attendance changes with each game. It could well be that we have 7-8,000 who have attended 10 or more games. Perhaps a number of them will see the benefits of a season ticket - espeically with all the palaver over getting match tickets recently.

He has - read the Sentinel piece - but it would be madness to offer then at the same time as the cheap season tickets.

I despair sometimes. There is every chance our playing budget will increase next season by considerably more than the 10% on gate prices. I bet some people on here would want it to be a tenner a game if we were in the Championship!

Jean for someone who is very well educated I do wonder some times if logic leaves you on this board at times. It's great that the board want to give us a competitive budget next year, but if fans struggle to afford to go its rather pointless and unsustainable long term.

To reunite and reengage the fan base in 6 months is great but to then alienate a section on low incomes at that point is daft and frankly suicidal. A cheap deal on season tickets and £17 match day price would have kept people riding the hype or even allow people to split the cost over each month of the season. At the end of the day clubs like Charlton have taken 10 years to build their fan base properly edging the cost up year on year.

It's the Coates family who are milking the fans. As I said above, every Premier League club in the country could let all their fans in for nothing next season and still make a profit.

Jacko, you've repeated this a few times on this thread. It didn't sound right to me so I googled it.

This makes interesting reading. And I know that match day receipts aren't the same as gate receipts, but I'd guess that they're still significant and there aren't many profits in that list either.

Opinions on here, on Facebook, with people I talk to seem to be that the majority of people want a competitive budget and are willing to pay their part, while a minority think the prices are too high.

If the same sort of ratio is reflected in season ticket sales then I'll be happy.

Who mentioned a tenner jacko51 ya plank I was only stating the fact that £22/£23 on the gate was to much and that the payment plan was supposed to be interest free?

I mentioned a tenner ya plank but you clearly do not understand why I did so I'll leave it at that.

Jean for someone who is very well educated I do wonder some times if logic leaves you on this board at times. It's great that the board want to give us a competitive budget next year, but if fans struggle to afford to go its rather pointless and unsustainable long term.

To reunite and reengage the fan base in 6 months is great but to then alienate a section on low incomes at that point is daft and frankly suicidal. A cheap deal on season tickets and £17 match day price would have kept people riding the hype or even allow people to split the cost over each month of the season. At the end of the day clubs like Charlton have taken 10 years to build their fan base properly edging the cost up year on year.

Looking at it the other way though, Matt, how will you re-engage the fan base if you make prices even lower than last year and, consequently, have to rely on a playing budget lower than last year. Surely all that will do is see Vale struggle and make them a very unattractive proposition at the turnstiles?

And can I just point out that my education or lack of it has nothing whatsoever to do with discussions on a football messsage board. This isn't a forum on metaphysics or neuroscience - it is a discussion board about football. Education is irrelevant in the terms you are suggesting so get over it.

Jacko, you've repeated this a few times on this thread. It didn't sound right to me so I googled it.

This makes interesting reading. And I know that match day receipts aren't the same as gate receipts, but I'd guess that they're still significant and there aren't many profits in that list either.

Stoke's gate receipts are listed as £8 million. Stoke made a loss last year of £10 million. The income from TV is £46 million. Projected figures for next year suggest that the TV money will go up to between £65m and £70m - an increase of £20 million or more. Thus Stoke could cover their £10 million loss, let everyone in for nothing and still make a profit. But they won't will they. Like every other club in the Prem they will just increase the wages for the journeymen footballers on their staff and continue to rip off the fans.

They have also frozen season ticket prices every season since we got promoted, we don't pay a penny more than we did 5 years ago. It's more than most have done and in the current economic climate they deserve some credit for that........

Newcastle have actually lowered the price of their's in recent years, TP. My mate was paying over 800 quid a season in the Platinum Club under Shepherd - he paid about £650 this year.

I quite like the idea being proposed of all away tickets at Prem grounds cost £20 each. Clubs will not agree though will they.

I'm wondering if the new electronic system will mean fewer matchday staff, i.e turnstile operators.

I assume they will only need one turnstile manned for the handful of pay-on-the-day punters.

I'm pretty sure Sheff U and Chestefield were unmanned gates, so if we're having anything like that then I guess turnstile staff become surplus to requirements.

Archived