onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Agree with this, although I don’t ever see Uche banging in 20 goals.  He probably needs someone alongside him, both to help close down defenders when we haven’t got the ball, and to run off him when he’s holding the ball.  The main problem being he still looks raw despite his years in the game.

I know people want more than I'm suggesting in 

Uche as striker and forwards of Chislett, Garrity and Dipepe. 

All are at risk of leaving and in which case we start again. 

But given better organisation it's not unreasonable in L2 for Chislett, Garrity and Dipepe to slot 45 goals between them. Then we could do with Uche getting 8-10. After that goals are spread across the team. We would be in business. 

As I've said, Uche needs to play down the middle of the pitch and not be chasing stuff on the wings. 

Edited by Warren

Advert

12 minutes ago, Warren said:

But given better organisation it's not unreasonable in L2 for Chislett, Garrity and Dipepe to slot 45 goals between them. Then we could do with Uche getting 8-10. After that goals are spread across the team. We would be in business. 

As I've said, Uche needs to play down the middle of the pitch and not be chasing stuff on the wings. 

You’re assuming Chislett, Garrity and Dipepa are all going to be with us next season.  I sincerely hope you’re right but I doubt it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Santa said:

So far these are the ones I've seen that have been released:

Kazenga LuaLua Charlton Athletic
Connor Wickham Charlton Athletic

Blimey didn't realise they had both of these.. That's a large weekly wage for little return. 

20 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

You’re assuming Chislett, Garrity and Dipepa are all going to be with us next season.  I sincerely hope you’re right but I doubt it.

As I said, there is a significant risk. I don't think Chislett is the type that would suit say a bigger L1 club. But Garrity would be an excellent sub for a big club in L1. I'm unclear what is in Dipepe's interest. I think half a season playing regularly at L2 followed by a Jan window transfer is quite likely, but some bigger clubs might want to take him on now. It is even possible that some very big clubs take him and loan him out at Championship / L1 level. Uche will go to the club prepared to pay him the most anywhere in the world. 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Warren said:

Chislett, Garrity and Dipepe to slot 45 goals

Jeez your optimistic 😂 If Baylee is still with us he’s going to be up against a few more big lumps next season. I don’t think those types suit his game, I fancy him in league 2 to score goals but asking him bag more than 10 won’t be easy. 

Edited by Vtid

1 hour ago, Warren said:

Uche is a headless chicken & doesn't score

Chissy is not a wide player

Dipepa isn't ready and isn't a wide player.

Requirements for wide players:

Pace, ability to beat a man, get a cross in and score the odd goal.

Requirements for strikers:

Primarily: score goals. Also: hold up play, bring players in.

• Like 3

I reckon Moore knows that. He is the most experienced manager we have had for a long time.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, manc_vale said:

Blimey didn't realise they had both of these.. That's a large weekly wage for little return. 

They stayed up which means they were worth the gamble and they also got a new manager bounce too. We bought in no one and didn’t have a new manager bounce and ended up going down. 

8 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:

I don't think any of us have seen Chislett play as a winger. He has played nearly all his football as a winger prior to joining Vale. 

Just now, JRC said:

I don't think any of us have seen Chislett play as a winger. He has played nearly all his football as a winger prior to joining Vale. 

Chissy played a couple of 'part-games' as a wide player. He isn't a wide player. He doesn't fit into a 343 or 4231 system. He's most effective as a 10. Behind the striker. In and around the box where he can get goals. Obviously, fits a 352 or our 361 we used at the start of the season.

This is why I wouldn't be massively surprised if he goes as Moore suggested a 343 or 4231. 

But simply, he's a good player. Good teams need good players.

All depends on what DM sees as the way forward!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Warren said:

I'm sorry to say but uche won't score 10 goals in two seasons never mind one 🕜 hope I'm wrong but Im not holding much hope he's going to be our saviour 🤔

Edited by Splodger
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Splodger said:

I'm sorry to say but uche won't score 10 goals in two seasons never mind one 🕜 hope I'm wrong but Im not holding much hope he's going to be our saviour 🤔

Someone made a good point about his sitter v Cambridge. 

Dropping a division, he still misses it regardless. 

Like him as a character but his cult status is bemusing compared to the grief Loft gets for similar output. 

Sincerely hope he looks elsewhere as he considers our offer to be derisory. 

• Like 5

We need some players who want to be at Vale and can form a team. The massive changes to the squad post Flitcroft have brought us to this point, disinterested players performing badly for disenfranchised fans. Wasted a lot of money and time paying off decent players to bring in players of similar or lesser ability. All to prove that someone knows more about football than everyone else in the football league. Hopefully Darren can turn it around. 

• Like 4