onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

Advert

17 hours ago, JohnDoe said:

Firstly uche doesn’t chase down people that much. Secondly there’s a difference between one example of a sub to tighten things up and a player who Isn’t fit enough to play 90 mins. Salah has shown time after time that he can play 90 mins. The comparison is nonsense.  

Actually you make a very valid point about Salah. It's interesting that he has got 90 mins in him now. He's definitely improved the nature of his fitness and approach to the game. I don't mean that in an insulting way re Salah because he was very fit at that time - but there is some form of improvement in him. Klopp has also tweaked the team's pressing game which is slightly less rabid in closing down. 

Coming back to Uche. He's closer to Adebayo Akinfenwa in type than many a footballer. When he gets turned and running he's a difficult guy to stop. We can't expect him to be a trim cross country runner type of player. However, if he signs on again I think a full pre season will significantly help him. In 2023/24 he arrived unfit part way through the season and then after he got close to full fitness he had a bad injury and had to start again. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

Well known he has a shocking attitude but sign him up anyway. Vale legend instantly just for hating them tosspots 😃

Do you know what?  That is not a bad shout at all.

He's worked with Big D at both West Brom & Sheffield Wednesday.

But then again, he's only scored 25 goals in 7 years

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

Well known he has a shocking attitude but sign him up anyway. Vale legend instantly just for hating them tosspots 😃

Yeah but does he mean the club or the area? We shouldn’t be anywhere near anyone with his reputation. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Uche is not even good enough to tie the bootlaces of Akinfenwa.

206 goals Adebayo scored

I am sorry but Uche just isn’t good enough to be offered a new contract  and obviously in my opinion we need to get rid of two goals loft and one of the worst left backs I have seen at the club in years…jones 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I see some reports are saying that Chesterfield are closing in on Paddy Madden,no surprise i guess but that's a good start recruitment wise for them if it comes off

Sign of intent. 

I fancied them to go up again. That will affirm my belief. 

• Like 4

People get too excited about transfers this time of year. Most players, managers, agents etc are away on holiday. Then the contracts don't expire until the end of June. Very few transfers percentage wise get done before the end of June.
So pack your bags up. Go away somewhere hot and sunny for a few weeks and chill.
It would be nice though if we did get a bit of business done early for a change.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Uche is not even good enough to tie the bootlaces of Akinfenwa.

206 goals Adebayo scored

Yes, he was an absolute nuisance to Port Vale and I agree he had a much more successful career to date. Nonetheless, it is there for Uche to try to emulate Akinfenwa in the remainder of his career. 

I decided to study Akinfenwa once during a TV game. The things I noticed were he was vertically mobile running at a set and very decent pace up and down in the centre. He did not veer off much from that and so his work was down the centre of the pitch and obviously in the two boxes particularly at set pieces. Now the point is that is very different from what I have seen of Uche where he is trying to pick the ball up, turn and run at defences from midfield. This is often in quite wide positions and he's frankly doing it because we are a poor team. 

If we are going to get the best out of Uche he needs to do what Akinfenwa did and not be messing about down the flanks carrying the ball. Someone else needs to do that. In fact it might be a good idea if we signed capable fullbacks / wing backs / wide midfield players!!

Edited by Warren
  • Like 1

On 08/05/2024 at 13:50, werstayinup said:

Well we know there are plenty of strikers being released at the moment......... have we signed anyone yet 🙂 

So far these are the ones I've seen that have been released:

Ryan Bowman Shrewsbury Town
Aiden O'Brien Shrewsbury Town
Danny Hylton Northampton Town
Sean Maguire Carlisle United
Harvey Greenslade Bristol Rovers
John Marquis Bristol Rovers
Josh Martin Portsmouth
D'Mani Mellor Wycombe Wanderers
Kazenga LuaLua Charlton Athletic
Connor Wickham Charlton Athletic
Saleem Akanbi Cambridge United
Saikou Janneh Cambridge United
Fejiri Okenabirhie Cambridge United
Lyle Taylor Cambridge United
Brad Holmes Blackpool
Shayne Lavery Blackpool
James Scott Exeter City
Theo Alexandrou Stevenage
Quaine Bartley AFC Wimbledon
Zach Robinson AFC Wimbledon
Lee Angol Sutton United
Craig Dundas Sutton United
Tope Fadahunsi Sutton United
Scott Kashket Sutton United
Luther Munakandafa Notts County
Jordan Garrick Forest Green Rovers
Nathan Holland Forest Green Rovers
Mathew Stevens Forest Green Rovers
Edwin Essel Grimsby Town
Harvey Tomlinson Grimsby Town
Leslie Adekoya Accrington Stanley
Matt Lowe Accrington Stanley
Jack Massey Accrington Stanley
Charlie Jolley Tranmere Rovers
Sam Bellis Barrow
Courtney Duffus Barrow
Jamie Proctor Barrow
Charlie Austin Swindon Town
Tomi Adeloye Swindon Town
Matt Derbyshire Bradford City
Isaac Robinson Bradford City
Dylan Youmbi Bradford City
Paddy Madden Stockport County
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Santa said:

So far these are the ones I've seen that have been released:

Ryan Bowman Shrewsbury Town
Aiden O'Brien Shrewsbury Town
Danny Hylton Northampton Town
Sean Maguire Carlisle United
Harvey Greenslade Bristol Rovers
John Marquis Bristol Rovers
Josh Martin Portsmouth
D'Mani Mellor Wycombe Wanderers
Kazenga LuaLua Charlton Athletic
Connor Wickham Charlton Athletic
Saleem Akanbi Cambridge United
Saikou Janneh Cambridge United
Fejiri Okenabirhie Cambridge United
Lyle Taylor Cambridge United
Brad Holmes Blackpool
Shayne Lavery Blackpool
James Scott Exeter City
Theo Alexandrou Stevenage
Quaine Bartley AFC Wimbledon
Zach Robinson AFC Wimbledon
Lee Angol Sutton United
Craig Dundas Sutton United
Tope Fadahunsi Sutton United
Scott Kashket Sutton United
Luther Munakandafa Notts County
Jordan Garrick Forest Green Rovers
Nathan Holland Forest Green Rovers
Mathew Stevens Forest Green Rovers
Edwin Essel Grimsby Town
Harvey Tomlinson Grimsby Town
Leslie Adekoya Accrington Stanley
Matt Lowe Accrington Stanley
Jack Massey Accrington Stanley
Charlie Jolley Tranmere Rovers
Sam Bellis Barrow
Courtney Duffus Barrow
Jamie Proctor Barrow
Charlie Austin Swindon Town
Tomi Adeloye Swindon Town
Matt Derbyshire Bradford City
Isaac Robinson Bradford City
Dylan Youmbi Bradford City
Paddy Madden Stockport County

I'll be happy with 

Uche

Chislett             Garrity               Dipepa

I guess decisions need to be made about Loft and maybe if he moves on then space arises .....

Assuming Uche re-signs of course. 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Warren said:

I'll be happy with 

Uche

Chislett             Garrity               Dipepa

I guess decisions need to be made about Loft and maybe if he moves on then space arises .....

Assuming Uche re-signs of course. 

The saying about the definition of insanity repeating the same things and expecting different results springs to mind to me here Warren. At this age Uche is what he is, there’s no further development you can really do with him really. I hope he gets a great contract offer elsewhere and snaps their hands off, be doing us a favour as much as anything.

Not sure there’s been any update on Cass since they did the retained list and said he was still pending to speak to the manager after his loan. Unclear if that means we are set to offer him a new deal or not.

• Like 3