onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

Charlton on the sniff for Chizzy. Also a taxi driver I had the other night reackons he took a massive black Vale player down to London after he had missed his morning train, a few weeks back. Think he said he picked him up from Norton? Dunno can't remember. Has to be Uche tho lol if true . Apparently drove him to a football club down there, but the driver couldn't remember what one it was £150 for the fare and he give him a £90 tip! gotta love abit of crazy gossip

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Advert

19 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Could play them both behind the striker in a 4-3-2-1 maybe but it’s a long shot & there’s no width then. You have a good point but if you sell one who would you replace him with as they would be sitting on the bench anyway If we are not playing two attacking mids. They’d have to be as good as the one you sold & happy to play back up. Difficult one, I have a feeling Chislet will be gone anyway 

We’d end up shoehorning players into wrong positions, or choosing a system that doesn’t work to fit them. 

They’re good players but unfortunately just don’t work together. It’s like having two good left backs. 

Sell Chislett, make Garrity captain, and reinvest the money up front.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

Charlton on the sniff for Chizzy. Also a taxi driver I had the other night reackons he took a massive black Vale player down to London after he had missed his morning train, a few weeks back. Think he said he picked him up from Norton? Dunno can't remember. Has to be Uche tho lol if true emoji849.pngemoji12.png. Apparently drove him to a football club down there, but the driver couldn't remember what one it was emoji848.pngemoji3.png £150 for the fare and he give him a £90 tip! gotta love abit of crazy gossip emoji52.pngemoji38.png

Jesse Debrah Chelsea 1 million I heard 

90 pounds tip got to mUCHE money him lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I think you’re off on this one Joe, depending on how far into 6 figures you’re thinking.  I’d never want to sell goalscorers by choice.  Obviously if offers do come in then we’ll have to consider them.  Anyway, both players have completely different attributes.  Garrity, a hard working battler who can win you the ball and scores goals from midfield.  Chizzy a tricky flair player who creates chances and scores a few himself.  I’d try and keep both and maybe hope for a stupid offer in January if we’re not challenging.  As ever money will dictate, be that a better wage offer for the player or a fee we can’t refuse.

Must say I agree. We played our best football when we operated with 2 10s last season.  They are different types 10s. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Charlton on the sniff for Chizzy. Also a taxi driver I had the other night reackons he took a massive black Vale player down to London after he had missed his morning train, a few weeks back. Think he said he picked him up from Norton? Dunno can't remember. Has to be Uche tho lol if true . Apparently drove him to a football club down there, but the driver couldn't remember what one it was £150 for the fare and he give him a £90 tip! gotta love abit of crazy gossip

'Missed' his train? Defo Uche
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

Just noticed that Raggett and Rafferty have been released by Pompey. There's little doubt we need some physical presence to bolster our defence (at 6'5" Raggett would be the perfect partner for Smith in a back four) and/or at full/wingback (where Rafferty has been excellent for Pompey). We could do a lot worse than these two but my guess would be that they are both out of our price range, which is a great pity. Just shows that there will be lots of really good players out there looking for clubs.

Cheque book out, please Carol.

Good shout, these players have the right level and quality of experience that a team like Vale looking for an immediate bounce back to Lge 1 need to sign. Rafferty was a good player at Rochdale.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bimbleabout said:

Charlton on the sniff for Chizzy. Also a taxi driver I had the other night reackons he took a massive black Vale player down to London after he had missed his morning train, a few weeks back. Think he said he picked him up from Norton? Dunno can't remember. Has to be Uche tho lol if true emoji849.pngemoji12.png. Apparently drove him to a football club down there, but the driver couldn't remember what one it was emoji848.pngemoji3.png £150 for the fare and he give him a £90 tip! gotta love abit of crazy gossip emoji52.pngemoji38.png

Wasn’t Loft was it that he picked up? 

4 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

Where do you play them both? What formation facilitates that? 

You either

a) drop Garrity deep - a waste

b) put Chislett wide -  a waste

That’s the managers job and he definitely has more options than those you suggest.  Next season we need more goals so if we lose one or both players we’re already in deficit.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Bimbleabout said:

How do you know that Charlton are on the sniff for Chizzy?

By the way, what a crap taxi driver. 

Edited by Brian Johnson

4 hours ago, Bimbleabout said:

A taxi driver who will do Norton to a football club in inner London for £150???

Please share the number.