onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bristol Rovers (H) match thread - 29th March

robf

Advert

Just been for a walk down by the sea with my dogs. Earbuds in listening to Northern Soul, huge smile on my face. Still buzzing from yesterday. 

Can't wait for Monday. Bring it in. 

UTV

KTF

• Like 6

I know we want to be positive and rightly so. PV played well on a poor pitch and deserved to win. Good defending. Goals well taken. But let's not get carried away. Both goals were awful defending by Bristol. The first goal was about the ball being given away and no tackling. The second was a mazy run and good finish - but come on Balee should have been tackled or fouled near the start. He was waived through. 
Bristol were way off it today. I can see they are suspect at the back. But also they looked threatening without hitting the target with shots. 
We need more Bristol like teams to stay up. We also need to keep working on attack because the rest of the teams we face - especially away - are unlikely to so poor at the back. What a clown in goal!!
It’s amazing what a turnaround we’ve seen since DF went. I didn’t expect us to be so different. It’s like night and day. 
Just enjoy the win..we got another game Monday so the feeling might not last long.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, mighty vale said:

Great result yesterday, one of the things which has been mentioned but is a real shift from previously is the no-nonsense defending. So many times there were situations where a ball forward was played through by BR, an attacker would be chasing and we hoofed it off the side to safety.

Before they would let it bounce, try to get it under control and play it out, or make a risky back pass to the keeper. We conceded so many stupid goals of our own making like that (both by inviting pressure and the defenders always looked in 2 minds as to what to do). Now it seems they've changed to a simple 'if in doubt' mentality and looked solid doing it for the first time. Just hope we can keep it up!

There’s a lot more fight and aggression throughout the team.  It’s not always about winning the ball outright, sometimes just preventing the opponent from winning the ball cleanly is enough.

The other big change is that we’ve cut out a lot of the unforced errors that were so costly.  We’re still making errors, all teams do, but they’re not killing us as they did in some of the earlier games under Moore.

• Like 3

I haven't read all the thread yet so this may of been mentioned but to those on here who were saying that Dipepa should be sent on loan to Leek Town or Newcastle Town............ well i think he answered that himself yesterday...... that is all

• Like 9

17 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Pay as you play contract only.  

He was showing some good footwork against the Briz, shame he went off.

Come on Vale, get that goal we need to ease the nerves.

I believe he is already on that kind of contract

• Like 1

That weren't too shabby, I managed miss both goals... But nay bother... Bristol were a bit of a 3 legged horse, never got into a stride, but thought the work rate from our bhoys were bloody class,  few more shifts like that and Moore will earn himself his own Rudgie flat cap, not out woods just yet ...  But thee finally be showing some sweat & guts... Good luck to those of yer braving the trip south on zombie jesus day

Edited by Connolly
  • Like 1

On a family holiday in (wet & cold) Cornwall so missed yesterday. 

very welcome result yesterday. But it’s tough to understand what the real situation is at the moment.

I’m sceptical that DF going is the motivator for this ‘turnaround’, it’s not like he was on the training pitch with them was it? Also whilst, you could say we’ve beaten two poor sides (Brizzle by all accounts were worse than last year), Burton pulled off a result at Wigan yesterday. 

Has Moore found a formula that works for us that the players have bought into??

In any event, I still think we’ll be in L2 again next year. I think we’ll be left cursing that chaotic last 5 minutes of Fleetwood and throwing two points away.

But at least (now, frustratingly) we are showing a bit of fight and hopefully it’s something to buy into next year. 

We can still keep the same structure at the club,bringing through the youth players and decent loan players if that's what Carol wants but without all this tippy tappy pass around the back nonsense and playing the same 3/5/2 all through every level of the club like DF wanted,let a manager manage and play how he wants and the results will come(like they are doing)..... any footballer at any level should be able to adapt to play any system the manager wants,playing the same way throughout the club will not benefit a player long term when they decide to move on

So long live common sense

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I haven't read all the thread yet so this may of been mentioned but to those on here who were saying that Dipepa should be sent on loan to Leek Town or Newcastle Town............ well i think he answered that himself yesterday...... that is all

To be fair when he was thrown in it certainly looked that way. Not that he was a bad player, but that he needed a loan move for his development. He’s come on leaps and bounds since Moore took over 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Yeah not just that , where are the ones who were slagging Moore off gone they've gone quiet recently 🤔

I have said all along that there were 2 of the best managers available in Duff and Moore and we went out and got one of them,Moore imo is a very good experienced manager who wont jump ship if we go down,he is now getting a tune out of players who aren't is and who were in shocking form... we are giving it a go now BUT if we do go down I am more than confident that DM can and will build a team that could come straight back up

Onwards and Upwards me owd fruits

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Vale Ball said:

Smudge was back to his best funny how playing him in his best position pays off.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

100% agree

I also think Plant has been outstanding on both sides in the wing back position BUT he is another who i would love to see flourish in his favoured attacking position and that might come next season if DM brings in proper full backs or wing backs

We certainly have some good young talent at the club right now and I will say a player who i have slated on here for not signing his deal and not being as good as his agent thinks in Walters actually did well when he came on(he must be either close to signing or we want him to get more minutes to increase compensation for if he does go)

15 hours ago, Old School said:

Can't understand the negativity after a performance and result like today. I thought it was the best performance of the season. We looked like a proper team and what a difference that made. I said in the pub after the game that DIpepa's goal reminded me of Michael Owen's goal against Argentina, so it's nice to see that others thought that too. Ben Garrity's goal booked better on the replay as he calmly sat the keeper down before slotting it past him. I have to admit that in many games this season I  have been gone before the final whistle but today I along with most of the fans stayed to applaud the lads. It was obvious that something has fundementaly changed and that there is now a togetherness that has not been there all season. I did predict a 2-0 scoreline but to put it in context I always predict a Vale win but this is the first time this season that I have got it right.

Tonight Matthew, I am a happy Vale fan.

It was our most professional performance of the season, given the pressure we're still under. And I never thought we were in danger of dropping points!

20 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I have said all along that there were 2 of the best managers available in Duff and Moore and we went out and got one of them,Moore imo is a very good experienced manager who wont jump ship if we go down,he is now getting a tune out of players who aren't is and who were in shocking form... we are giving it a go now BUT if we do go down I am more than confident that DM can and will build a team that could come straight back up

Onwards and Upwards me owd fruits

Agree, I’ve always liked Moore way before there was a chance of him coming to Vale.

• Like 2