onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burton (A) match thread - 23rd March

Just negotiating with the Minister for War and Entertainment. Planning to be up on Friday for the Rovers game. 

Possibly do the Northants game too. Whatever happens will be back up for Cambridge game. 

• Like 6

Advert

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

Think it’s important to point out that 95%+ of Vale fans haven’t given Loft any public stick.

There’s a minority of idiots but fans were chanting his name before kick off yesterday.

Was great to hear the majority singing his name as encouragement after the miss too.  Some critics forget with the amount of chances we create Lofty would have to have a chance-to-goal       conversion rate > Haaland’s or Kane’s for him to have had just a handful of goals this season.  

Edited by Trumpingtonvale
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, PV1973 said:

And someone on here said he almost put it over the bar just so they could say something negative about it 🤣 it’s a good finish with a defender sliding in. 

“Just so they could say something negative about it”?  Far from the truth.  From our angle, in that instant when he hit the ball it was rising pretty sharply.  Quite simply the guy doesn’t have a lot of form for hitting the target.  It was a good strike no question.

1 hour ago, eh up nah said:

The more I look at it the more it looks like we've actually got a sniff.

The hope really does kill you!

Think we got more than a sniff we have very  good players at this football club .

Confidence is the thing we need to to build on it the joy the adulation the sheer relief of winning yesterday should set us up .

I've said this before this league is generally average .

Body language tell me about it Vale fans who went or watched game was it better .

Did we fight 

Was there commitment 

We're  we lucky 

Should we have won by more 

It's hard judge by sporting life stats .

Lets take it too Cambridge game I believe we can get out of this and results like yesterday regularly will create the snowball effect and will ultimately get us away from bottom 4.

BR lost there last away game 5-0

Get straight up them 

Northampton other than Hoskins are no great shakes .

The rest well I'll tell you about them when we play them .

UTV 

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

“Just so they could say something negative about it”?  Far from the truth.  

It was a veiled dig at him, no point trying to pretend otherwise and you know it was 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

I noticed you not before the game offering your support

What's that supposed to mean?

I've already praised their performance today here in this thread but are we now supposed to make boiler plate statements of support in advance of every game?

If so, please take that as rdone for future reference.

Glad then won for you Rodge fella you still going majority of games .

Yeah get to as many as I can, disappointed like everyone with the performances over recent games but finally saw some grit and fight yesterday. If the players continue with that effort the fans will respond in kind and generate an atmosphere. Actually looking forward to Good Friday got to get behind the lads from the start as Brizzle will no doubt bring a good following.
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tamworth said:

What's that supposed to mean?

I've already praised their performance today here in this thread but are we now supposed to make boiler plate statements of support in advance of every game?

If so, please take that as rdone for future reference.

Its just you have had a pop at people being negative before the game but you were no where to be seen offering your support before the game

• Confused 1

So pleased for Ryan Loft.

The chance he missed he did everything right apart from score, sprinted away from the defender, got the ball under control, got his body shape right and steadied himself but just put it wide, I thought it had gone in.

He continually plugged away and fought for every ball.

In the breakaway that led to Vale's goal, he made himself available for Chisslet's pass, gave it Chissy back with Chislett in a better position to score and stayed with the attack. When the ball came back off the post he fired it high into the net as their defender slid in and could've blocked it had the ball been along the ground.

Hope this raises his  confidence levels and he scores a few which keeps us up.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, The French Connection said:
10 hours ago, ClntonBoulton said:
Well worth the trip over! After last year's visit to Accrington I saw a world of difference in yesterday's performance. It wasn't pretty first half but I've seen us cave this season under that kind of pressure. They were a big outfit and we repelled all boarders at those long throws and free kicks.
Second half there was only one team trying to play football but i thought it was going to be one of them days when Ben's header thumped the post in front of us. Credit to 'em though and the goal was after brilliant work from Lofty in different ways. Again, when Blackman,(how big is he?) got a touch on Chizzy's shot and it trickled against the post I thought we'd shot it but Loft, Loft will tear you apart again. Cue limbs around me and at 66 my bad knees and hip just about stood up to it!
Thought Loft was excellent all game....not the most accomplished of centre forwards I've ever seen but looks like he may be settling in. I've seen where people said he nearly missed the goal...he didn't. It was right in front of me and he had to get it up and over the bodies throwing themselves at him. Good finish I thought. i thought he'd done everything right first half but seemed to just roll it the wrong side of the post.
Oh well, onwards and upwards with that effort and never say die defending.......doctor, there's still a pulse.
Off to get flight home but i'll be there in spirit on iFollow on Friday.
SVA

Brilliant, glad you got to see a decent game. Safe flight home!

Cheers Pal....home and hosed now!

• Like 1