onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burton (A) match thread - 23rd March

Well, I got it wrong. I said that we would lose for certain. I was wrong and I'm very happy that I was. I didn't get to the game as I am away for a long weekend but if you read my most recent posts you will see that what pi55es me off most is not seeing any fight, heart or commitment from the players. By all accounts that was not the case today and the lads did us and themselves proud. Really pleased for Lofty, sounds like a total number 9 performance. Is this due to you know who departing? Who knows, I guess we may have more of an idea next Friday. 

Well done lads.

Advert

I got a weird feeling on Thursday night that I should go to this game. It was weird as I hadn’t had an interest since Derby.
30 minutes later and it was announced Flitcroft had gone. I took it as a sign.
Brilliant afternoon. They got into them! Proper scrapping. Horrible game in horrible conditions on a horrible pitch.
Loft outstanding without the goal. They’ll have nightmares about him. He’s absolutely rapid! Moore’s clearly got some confidence into him. Absolute carnage when he slammed home.
I still don’t think we have the quality to win 4-5 more games, but there’s some fight in those dogs!
The fans proper deserved that. Full voice and incredibly positive. 
Moore has said one win will give a confidence boost, even if we fail to stay up, creating team spirit and rapport with the fans will be an achievement. A lasting bounce is worth more than one that fades.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1

Great win which should give everybody belief.

Ripley and defence held firm against a first half gale although Burtons attack was powderpuff.

Midfield got stronger as the game went on and were dominant in the second half.

Loft was immense up front and had his best game in a Vale shirt but for me Sangs introduction was the big difference.

For anybody who didn't go if you thought Vale had been poor you should see Burton !! If Vale and Cheltenham don't finish above them I would be shocked !!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

We played 3 at the back didn’t we? 

It’s not a bad formation. It’s getting the right 3 and the right intensity. We got it right today. They are worse than us and won’t get many more points. This is it now. Cuntfroft is gone, let’s back the lads as much as we can. I’m the most negative poster and here and I honestly feel we can go this. Get behind them our two worst players this season looked decent; loft and Grant. Up the vale 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Loft will keep us up 

He will be very important to us IF work out how to play to his strengths, which by the sounds of it, may have been the case today. He might not score another goal this season, but if he gets us up the pitch and makes space/chances for Wilson, Chizzy & Garrity then great.

• Like 3

OMG OMFG Lofty I Effin love you- just got back from Stafford and seen the result by mistake - ie Mrs Hoppers told me in the car 😍😍😍😍😍

Hope you beautiful bouncing valiants have got home ok - it was touch n go for me - smithie and Mr C send you their regards and best wishes for the rest of the season (they are from Cannock, they don't quite get it😍😍😍😍😍😍😍 )

WHAT A FOOKIN ACE DAY

Edited by Hoppers
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, llcoolj said:

Just seen the goal, he nearly put it over the bar, but it doesn't matter

I honestly think everyone thought he’d smashed it over.  Nobody around me could believe it when the roof of the net bulged.  Fantastic celebrations.  That’s what football is all about.

• Like 5