onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derby C (A) match thread - 2nd March.

1 minute ago, MelbourneValiant said:

I thought exactly the same yesterday. It is as though he is a manager 'on loan' from the dole for a short period. 

Just everything about Vale is strange. 

Almost feels like he is distancing himself from the mess, to a degree I understand that but it hardly says "We're in it together" to me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Advert

10 hours ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Love the optimism, but don't waste your energy.

Our season started back in August when the writing was on the wall from the very first game of the season, a 7-0 defeat.

Yes you cannot lose games 7-0 first game and recover from it .

I've tried forget that .

Our season ended v Middlesborough quarter final and we were so passive once fell behind since then apart from a few games where I'm thinking Vale can win games  under Crosby funny enough v Wigan 3'-2 and Charlton 3-3 ,3-0v  Blackpool  we haven't looked or played like a team.since .

Maybe Moore should watch  Videos of them displays at least they were exciting .

No good giving fans 20 minutes of good (Fleetwood)play they want 90.

V Lincoln I cannot recall any good pass and move moments v Reading unfortunate that mighten didn't score at 1-0 up different game altogether v Cheltenham negative at 1-0 up sitting back 1 attack second half goal but sitting back ultimately cost us the game ,and then Fleetwood I've never seen a more Diabolical negative put 11 men behind the ball nonsense in a half with a -20 goal difference to lower its surely same as first half display the message should be from manager not go out and defend deep all half and make T Sang look terrible which he was with due respect.

Darren Moore is a worry he needs wake up 

Edited by Devine intervention

10 hours ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Love the optimism, but don't waste your energy.

Our season started back in August when the writing was on the wall from the very first game of the season, a 7-0 defeat.

I Was there and it was dreadful and jones was awful and I left before full time as the coach was waiting before it went to double figures and I see no respite week in week out and I doubt we will avoid relegation as some of the players shitcroft has signed are awful like loft who Bristol rovers were glad to get rid of and I am going to Derby to expect the inevitable but please prove me wrong🤞

8 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

I've tried forget that .

Our season ended v Middlesborough quarter final and we were so passive once fell behind since then apart from a few games where I'm thinking Vale can win games  under Crosby funny enough v Wigan 3'-2 and Charlton 3-3 ,3-0v  Blackpool  we haven't looked or played like a team.since .

Lets face it, Crosby ditched all his principles in the Wigan, Charlton and Blackpool game to try and save his job. Then he churned out pathetic performances at Carlisle & Fleetwood.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Lets face it, Crosby ditched all his principles in the Wigan, Charlton and Blackpool game to try and save his job. Then he churned out pathetic performances at Carlisle & Fleetwood.

Where did the Mansfield performance in the cup come from? We played a good old fashioned team and went for it. 

I have no fuxking idea what we are trying to achieve with this Southgate World Cup 2018/Euro 2020/21 abysmal to watch borefest blollocks.

It is utter crap. My Stokie fan Dad said Stoke are exactly the same and have been all season. Yet I watched the three minute highlights of their Cardiff defeat, they would murder us next season so it is a godsend we will avoid them. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

If this finishes any less that 4-0 Derby we'll have to consider it an upset.

Oh our aspirations! Sadly true! So difficult to be a Vale fan at the moment! We desperately need some inspiration or luck . 

45 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

If this finishes any less that 4-0 Derby we'll have to consider it an upset.

In fairness Derby haven't really been hammering teams up to this point, they are quite average in general play and generally win by close margins so no reason we can't make a game of it, it will more likely be one where we huff and puff and lose 1-0 or 2-0 without really laying a glove.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

In fairness Derby haven't really been hammering teams up to this point, they are quite average in general play and generally win by close margins so no reason we can't make a game of it, it will more likely be one where we huff and puff and lose 1-0 or 2-0 without really laying a glove.

Looking at their recent results, they certainly aren't running away with things, conversely, looking at our results then you would expect Derby to be looking at this game as a pretty much guaranteed 3 points.

We all know of course that there are NO guarantees in football and the law of averages says we will win a game at some point - and it would be typical of Vale to somehow manage to do that tomorrow.

To be honest, I don't hold out any hope but as someone rightly said "it's a funny old game" and he was prone to the odd incorrect prediction as we well know.

Heart says 1-1, head says 3-0.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TEXAS said:

Is it just me that finds it strange when he says things like "Port Vale have got to do this" etc. ? Maybe just me but I would be saying "We have got to do this" ,  either way I don't find his interviews all that rousing.

He says that very rarely. It's been something I've looked out for ever since Gannon, he never referred to the club or the team as his own. It was always "them, they". Moore doesn't do that. I've seen a few comments about him on here, completely undeserved in my opinion. He strikes me as someone who's fully on board, doesn't want to go down and is trying to be careful with his messages so as not to dent the players confidence. 

Anyone blaming Moore is way off the mark and massively avoiding the clear issues we have at the moment.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

I've tried forget that .

V Lincoln I cannot recall any good pass and move moments v Reading unfortunate that mighten didn't score at 1-0 up different game altogether v Cheltenham negative at 1-0 up sitting back 1 attack second half goal but sitting back ultimately cost us the game ,and then Fleetwood I've never seen a more Diabolical negative put 11 men behind the ball nonsense in a half with a -20 goal difference to lower its surely same as first half display the message should be from manager not go out and defend deep all half and make T Sang look terrible which he was with due respect.

All of those games we had Devine and / or Arblaster in the team. The team Moore is working with is devoid of that kind of talent and quality. It's pointless comparing, these players don't have anywhere near the quality needed.

3 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

I've tried forget that .

He strikes me like he is not really with us, in a sort of dreamland (nightmare might be a better word).