onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln City (H) match thread - 24th Feb

robf

Advert

1 hour ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

I know someone who spoke to Carol this last week. She was so arrogant in her demeanor, stating that Darren Moore has no worries about relegation having seen what he has at his disposal.

Shes gone absolutely deluded and totally lost the plot.

Someobody close to her needs to give her head a huge wobble. Not that it will make a difference in the short term but I’ll state this right now and that is if David Flitcroft is not fired or positioned away from the footballing side, before the end of the season, then the fans will hound him out.

Hes a vile smarmy individual who is single handedly ruining this football club. 

Maybe someone like Colin Garlick could give her some sound counsel………..

Carols hurting.... she'll be hurting even more next season with only 2500 season ticket holders,but hey she will put the price up a couple of quid on the gate ...those in the corporate seats will have to get used to a fish finger butty instead of prawn sandwiches 🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle said:

Maybe someone like Colin Garlick could give her some sound counsel………..

Call me cynical. But I think that was why he was got rid of. So everything has to go through Flcikers. 

5 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

I feel sorry for Ben Garrity. He was the only player again to show anything at all. He surely cannot stay here when we get relegated. He deserves so much better than to be in the same team as Smith, Jones and Wilson. I would not have any of them in a Sunday morning team. Total waste of 3 shirts. Today should have been the start of a revival. I felt the crowd and atmosphere were great before the kick off. Once Smith had impersonated being a footballer after 1 minute he killed the game and atmosphere completely. Utter shambles. Do those players honestly want to fight for Vale? In my opinion NO.

Terrific post.

The one and only player with and heart and fight for PVFC

Moore CANNOT play Lowe and Ojo together again in the middle. They are so pedestrian its laughable. No pace whatsoever in the team today.

Goals !! What are they. Will we ever see one again. Shocking.

Oh and who is to blame - FLITCROFT OUT

If Carol was correct to get rid of Crosby then Flitcroft HAS TO GO TOO.

10 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I'm sorry and I'll more than likely get hammered for this but I'm sorry Carol we don't have a good squad, we have an unbalanced squad that was unbalanced in August and nothing whatsoever has been done to rectify the situation, every one and his dog knew we needed wingbacks and strikers.

And finally (Deep Breath) The signing of Blaster and Devine only helped Spurs and Sheffield Utd, it didn't help us one bit other than to put them in the shop window and give them games they wouldn't have had, we lost games with them in the side and when they went back it ripped up our midfield and left us with fixture congestion  because they were away on international duty.

Finally, Flikers as he is affectionally referred to has failed miserably, I just can't believe how unbalanced we are and I would hope serious questions are asked at the end of the season.

I was told on here signing these kids on loan was the way forwards. Unbelievable how some fans get hoodwinked by what certain people in the club say. Signing so many loan players is always risky, having deals in the loan where the parent club can recall is idiotic and if in the contract we should be looking elsewhere. Just leaves us in the <ovf censored> as it has done. 

Attended with a Lincoln fan today.

He guessed we'd both operate under pretty similar budgets - if there is a discrepancy, it isn't too large.

Difference they have is they sign quite good players and are pretty clever in the markets they scout in (U23s, Irish, non-league). Take a look at their team today - all fairly young, loanees from Charlton, Luton, and Millwall. A lad signed from Stoke U23s. A lad signed from Ireland. Another from St. Mirren. The LWB cost 40k from Pompey. House is a good forward, didn't play - from Eastleigh. Centre-half from Bradford.

You can finish in the top half of League 1 and win games of football under our sort of budget, signing fairly low-key footballers. The difference between the two clubs is competence. It isn't rocket science.

24 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Totally agree mate. You’ve got people on here using the excuse that he’s paid to take it. Brain dead. Take it to the extreme and think about what that can do to someone’s mental health. It doesn’t sit right with me. 

It’s disgusting.

Look at the behaviour on here tonight. Slagging him off for walking down the tunnel… building the pack mentality hatred towards the bloke.

When it gets pointed out that there are rumours he was abused at half time and probably within his rights to walk away, it gets ignored and they just move on.

A bigger man would acknowledge that if’s that’s true some of the stuff said on here tonight is out of order and won’t help the player, the team or the club.

Ripley- good shot stopper, distribution is either very good or horrendous. Doesn’t command his box or come for crosses. Spends far too much time out of his box & not in between the sticks. 

Smith- too slow, ridiculously bad footballer, not the same Smithy that used to be a brick wall, league 2 defender at best 

Debrah- come from non league & looks non league. Still young & have seen a few glimpses to suggest there’s potential 

Sang- Can’t defend & not sure he even knows his best position. Decent engine on him would like to see him in midfield or more advanced. Half decent delivery 

Jones- Looked out of place in league 2 at times, so many mistakes in him & his passing & use of the ball is abysmal.   

Lowe- Far too pedestrian, national league level at his age should be nowhere near the squad 

Ojo- Decent when things are going well, sulks & not interested when the going gets tough. At his age I’d be moving him on 

Weir- Too lightweight, goes missing most of the game. Shows a few glimpses but not our player. Been disappointing 

Chislet- Works hard, can create & gets goals. Just needs to stop rolling around the floor 

Garrity- Best on earth. Nuff said 

Wilson- If he’s not injured he’s strolling around. Inconsistent is an understatement, doesn’t score nowhere near enough goals 

From the 11 that started & todays bench I’d be keeping 5 players. Dog awful squad. Thanks floor cloth 👏 

Archived