onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

Advert

2 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Agreed probably not. But there's no way we planned on going into tonight's game with Will Ryder in the dugout. Oh to be a fly on the wall during that meeting yesterday.

My take,   they met Monday am, decided to sack the manager and his assistant,  assuming that Dunn would become the caretaker,  and he told them to stuff it.

At which point DF just had to take charge.  To throw the academy boys under the bus is just terrible. 

16 minutes ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

My take,   they met Monday am, decided to sack the manager and his assistant,  assuming that Dunn would become the caretaker,  and he told them to stuff it.

At which point DF just had to take charge.  To throw the academy boys under the bus is just terrible. 

But typical of him!

26 minutes ago, Powerline said:

I have a friend who’s a Lincoln fan. He wanted Kennedy gone for a long while before they finally sacked him. Said he was garbage. He is gobsmacked that another league 1 club would employ him. Classic Vale.

If we do appoint him, it only strengthens the argument that Carol and family really have no clue what they are doing. The promotion honeymoon period is well and truly over, and people should start to judge her based on more recent actions and decisions.

Let’s just hope this Kennedy talk is <ovf censored> like most that’s wrote on here 

We can’t be so disorganised in getting rid of Crosby to have the next manager there the next day surely 

Big mistake by DF not being in the dug out last night his days are over 

Just read some articles about Gary Bowyer. I don't know how realistic it would be but;

Did the Salford job on an interim basis and did well. 

Football described as pragmatic - exactly what we need right now.

Got sacked from Salford due to unrealistic expectations and they haven't done any better since he went

Managed in league two previously - not scared of lower league football

Did a good job in Scotland and won manager of the year and left because he wouldn't give them certainty in the next window.

He's from Manchester originally and has worked in the northwest

Free agent currently - doesn't need any compensation

He's a good pick for an interim with a clear target if he wants the job full time this is what we expect.

1 minute ago, Emile said:

Just read some articles about Gary Bowyer. I don't know how realistic it would be but;

Did the Salford job on an interim basis and did well. 

Got sacked from Salford due to unrealistic expectations and they haven't done any better since he went

Did a good job in Scotland and won manager of the year and left because he wouldn't give them certainty in the next window.

He's from Manchester originally and has worked in the northwest

Free agent currently - doesn't need any compensation

He's a good pick for an interim with a clear target if he wants the job full time this is what we expect.

Not in my first 3 choice but they maybe aren’t realistic with us usually going for the cheap option anyway! I’d take Bowyer until the end of the season. Much better than Kennedy or Whitehead I’ve heard mentioned 🤣

Apologies if this has been mentioned before (not read the entire thread) but the Lincoln statement about Kennedy's sacking indicates he wasn't doing well enough in promoting talent and style of play. In other words, failing at the two things that the Vale have as their long-term plans. 

So, I think it's one thing for an out of work manager to see a game before he presumably applies. It's quite another for that former manager to fit the club's current requirements and his application be successful.

Archived