onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - 20th Feb

geoff1

Advert

Like Cheltenham and numerous others, it all goes to sh!t in the final quarter. Haven’t had iFollow because I knew we wouldn’t get anything.

We are a poor side, a horrible mish-mash of players “who can do a job” which is very much reminiscent of the Bruno/Brown mess from our last foray into L1. I seem to recall we were flying high early doors then and then our form dropped off a cliff after an horrendous January window. And hey presto….

Moore hasn’t a hope in Hell in salvaging this season. I sort of feel sorry for him, the rot has well and truly set in and it can be very difficult to stop. 

If anyone can see where 7 wins are coming from then they’re a better person than me. 

Edited by Biddulph_PV
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Loft….WTF

grant WTF

Lowe WTF

couldve put Shorrock and lomax on to give it some effervescence but no……start with a poor team and bring on Connor grant who is utter utter tosh. Start with Ryan loft who might win a Guinness world record for the longest time to score a league goal in history

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, JoeB2 said:

Around Christmas time I forced myself to be positive and talked myself into believing this long-term thing we were doing.

It was amongst the worst judgement calls I've ever made, against my usual cynical instincts.

Even if Moore someone turns this around, Flitcroft has overseen one of the worst 14 month spells in the club's history. We have been atrocious since January 2023.

If Carol doesn't get rid of him then she truly hasn't a clue what she's doing.

I’m not going to lie, my patience with carol is beginning to wear quite thin. It’s balls up after balls up. And we heading are back where we started 5 years ago. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

Was always going to be difficult. I’m as frustrated as anyone we have had snippets of chances but as you say we lack quality & if you can’t defend its a awful combination. 

I called it at half-time. I'm not saying that because it makes me feel good. I want to see Vale win. I want to see Loft score. But I knew what was coming regardless of us being alright-ish in the first half. As I said days ago, we're down and I've accepted it. Everybody else should follow suit for their own sanity. But Carol and Dave are a major issue and major changes are needed at the club now, beyond just changing a whole rafter of players in the summer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Moore hasn’t a hope in Hell in salvaging this season. I sort of feel sorry for him, the rot has well bd truly set in and it can be very difficult to stop. 

If anyone can see where 7 wins are coming from then they’re a better person than me. 

Perhaps, but I see a clear difference, night and day in the player's motivation and energy levels today. I will at least stick with them as they go into the remaining games than wave a white flag because we lost away to a side in form at home. 

Tonight was always going to be tough, hell if the Loft chance fell our way could have been very different.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

They are at home. They’ve now won 10 of their last 11 at home you can’t deny that’s not impressive & they’ve scored in every single one of them. I don’t disagree with your other points 👍🏻 

This Vale side would get relegated out of League 2

Can’t Defend and Can’t Score!

The Worst Set of Players I think they have ever had!

Carol Shanahan what have you done.

Get another Fans Forum and face the wrath of the Fans, non of this defending the Recruitment etc.

Get Flitcroft out !

• Like 1

Thought we were fine for an hour. Some decent play up top, loft, chis and mighten looked good. As soon as Grant came on we got battered. Didn’t like the subs of loft, mighten and chislett. Dont understand why he would make those changes. Last chance Saturday imo. We deserve to go down. 

<ovf censored> off DF. Carol wake up sick of saying it! 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

You ain’t said a word all night until the game is lost then your sly digs kick in 

sad 

If I had posted during the game about the calamity unfolding on the pitch you'd have been been partaking in your favourite past-time, which is following me around on here thread to thread reacting with that crying emoji to every single post. I can't win.