onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (A) match thread 3rd Feb

31 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Feel for Crosby having watched his interview. You can tell he is really hurting. Seems such an honest bloke & he's clearly a really decent person. We just have not got the side he promised when he got the job. We're not athletic, we don't win duals, we have no pace in the team (bar the new lad from Forest).

I don't think this is anywhere near the squad he envisaged he would have when he took on the job. Wilson is starting games (who he was happy to let go) & Loft up top. He's been cursed with injuries as well. I think Garrity & Ojo getting injuries will ultimately prove to be the final nail in Crosby's coffin unfortunately. 

With a fully fit squad (which no team in the land will ever have) we'd have been very comfortable mid table. With the injuries, the recalls & our latest transfer window, everything is pointing towards relegation. All the hard work from everyone at the club at huge risk of being undone in the space of 2 x years. It's gut wrenching.

Tuesday night will tell us an awful lot. Will he get a reaction or will we get turned over by Orient who are suddenly flying. We've now contrived to lose against Cheltenham on our own patch who were as rock bottom as it's possible to be, Carlisle who couldn't win for toffee & been smashed 3 at Fleetwood who hadn't won in 14 x games. It's just nowhere near good enough.

I feel sorry for Crosby & I feel sorry for the fan base. A horrible situation we now find ourselves in, scratching away for our League 1 lives. Just find a way to stay up Vale, please.

But...

Are we really getting the best out of this squad?

What are we doing in training all week every week?

Why are so many players played in unnatural positions?

Why do we keep trying the exact same thing every week and expecting different results?

Advert

4 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Won't be tomorrow - Sunday is double time

Normal clubs do it on the night of the match.  But when has Vale ever done things normal. 

Let him travel home with the players and then suffer sunday.  When he comes in monday then tell him he is relieved of duties.

The players we have are good enough at L1 level. The manager isn't. He needs to go unfortunately and before Tuesday. Need to bring in a proven experienced manager. We will then improve rapidly. We should be comfortable mid table and it's directly down to Crosby we are not. I accept players make mistakes like v Charlton but his team selections, subs and tactics have cost us a shed load of points. 

14 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but Clarke was sacked on a Wednesday after a Tuesday loss 

No mate his last game was Lincoln on a Saturday. 

Crosby took charge on the Tuesday at Ipswich 3 days later. 

Don't know exact day was sacked. 

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Ta mate it must of been Monday then 

2 minutes ago, Warren said:

The players we have are good enough at L1 level. The manager isn't. He needs to go unfortunately and before Tuesday. Need to bring in a proven experienced manager. We will then improve rapidly. 

Not sure they are.

Ripley. Garrity. Chislett. All I can think of as decent. 

After that I'm struggling. Not putting young lads into the pot as too young and unfair on them.

Defence is an abomination. 

Smith has had a shocker. Yak atrocious after his lay off. Grant done very little. Lowe is Lowe 6/10 steady Eddie most weeks as a 15 minutes sub he'd be ok but not as a regular starter. And I've never got the Debrah love in. Just looks an average awkward footballer to me. 

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Was announced first thing on the Monday morning.

Think they'd had a meeting on the Sunday to decide it.

2 minutes ago, Warren said:

The players we have are good enough at L1 level. The manager isn't. He needs to go unfortunately and before Tuesday. Need to bring in a proven experienced manager. We will then improve rapidly. We should be comfortable mid table. 

Are the players good enough? Loft? Iacovitti? Grant? Massey? Lowe? Smith? Ikpeazu? Jones? Cass? Sang? 

Why are we having to throw Dipepa, Shorrock, Walters in so regularly if the senior players are good enough?

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think Crosby is the man for the job. But he isn’t the only issue. The squad is not good enough.

The fault for that is not Crosby’s. I also don’t believe the system being deployed is solely the fault of Crosby.

If Crosby went tomorrow, would you trust the DoF to appoint the next man?

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Sacked on the Sunday, announced on the Monday.

1 minute ago, Warren said:

The players we have are good enough at L1 level. The manager isn't. He needs to go unfortunately and before Tuesday. Need to bring in a proven experienced manager. We will then improve rapidly. 

You see some clubs sack their manager after the match (often on less bad runs) and within 2 days they name their manager.  That is because they have thought about their situation, given the manager time, meanwhile they have spoken to managers available to see if they are interested and done the ground work - wages etc.  Then the decision has been made to sack manger - contact the new proposed manager - you still interested - yes - see you tomorrow then.

Vale - seems to take a month or so to make decisions before someone comes in.  We need an experienced manager to turn them around - you have gone past sleep walking to relegation - you are now sprinting to it and in the front of the other teams going that way.  Championship ready - Non League ready the way its going.

I believe we have the players capable of keeping Vale up in this league.  They are used to going behind now and losing.  They can't play this possession football they are being asked to play either, so it seems they have stopped trying it and just going through the motions.  An experienced manager could come in and get them playing in a formation that suits the players here, instead of changing their playing styles to suit Flicker idea.

18 minutes ago, Warren said:

The players we have are good enough at L1 level. The manager isn't. He needs to go unfortunately and before Tuesday. Need to bring in a proven experienced manager. We will then improve rapidly. We should be comfortable mid table and it's directly down to Crosby we are not. I accept players make mistakes like v Charlton but his team selections, subs and tactics have cost us a shed load of points. 

Wish we had their no 5 bossed the game mind you Crosby would probably play him at centre half 

8 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

No idea where we go from here. Carol will have to roll the dice at some point. The games are coming think and fast. Let’s hope for a miracle. 

You would have thought there was a "what if plan" if things did not get better.  Isn't that what directors have to think about - contingencies to make sure things are going right.  If they aren't then the owners/directors would talk about things and come up with these.  In this case - what happens after 10 games not wining.  Why etc.  15 games - right things are not working now - do we sack him and bring someone else in or give a bit longer - 20 games - he needs to go now.  Between the 15 and 20 games the DoF has been looking at out of work managers or managers who may be interested in this job and getting things ready for the day the axe comes down.

But hay this is Vale - we are a nice club and an ever giving club. 

19 games to go - after todays game - it looks like 19 games we lose and make sides look so much better than us.

Archived