onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (A) match thread 3rd Feb

1 minute ago, Playa Amodores said:

Thought he spoke with some passion for a change and common sense, I suspect it’s his last game.

Doubt it - we ain't got the money to do it. We didn't have the money to appoint a decent manager at the end of last season, we didn't have the money to buy a decent striker in either the summer or January windows and we certainly don't have the money now to sack the DF and DC and bring in a proper manager, which would all cost a pretty penny. We're stuck with the clown or should I say both of them?

Advert

4 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Thought he spoke with some passion for a change and common sense, I suspect it’s his last game.

It won’t be his last game 

Vale have got themselves stuck with him and don’t have any other options now. Time for him to go was weeks ago 

2 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

My suspicion is that it was the other way around. Our penniless owners told DF to appoint Crosby, which was then rubber stamped by the Board.

There's only one problem: buy cheap, buy twice - except in our case we're now so penniless that we can't manage a second purchase.

League 2 here we come.

I am sure Carol did come out and say the year 5 plan forecast was being used in year 4.  So yes it may have happened that way. 

For Vale it will be buy cheap, buy twice, buy three times and also a fourth time.

1 minute ago, osprey said:

It won’t be his last game 

Vale have got themselves stuck with him and don’t have any other options now. Time for him to go was weeks ago 

Months 

What about the players?

They need to take some responsibility. I have sympathy with Crosby by losing Uche and Garrity long term,however the minimum message the squad should have had today was that we must not lose.

By all accounts it could have been 5 or 6 against a team who haven't won in 14. Woeful 

A shameful few days for the club well and truly complete, miserably failing in the transfer market and now managing 1 shot on goal against a team who'd not won in 14 before today and bottom of the league. I could go on using other adjectives but what's the point.

The club needs to take a long hard look at the failed project that is Flitcroft and Crosby and make some decisions or we are on a one way ticket back to league two😞

15 minutes ago, Warren said:

Crosby takes charge of the team. 

The team that Flitcroft has handed to him. Do you honestly believe that Crosby was happy to go in to today's game relying on Loft up front? AC has his faults but Guardiola or Rudgie would have struggled to get a result from Flitcroft's squad today. 

If Crosby goes, does anyone believe that Flitcroft would appoint the best candidate as his successor? Anyone we get in would have to agree with what Flitcroft dictates and work with "long term targets" like Loft. 

43 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Cambs - agree with you on this.  However, all the family's hard work is now going down the pan and fans are forgetting this.  This is football - it is a punishing thing.  Great when we are winning, but very hard when things start going wrong.

Flickers seems to have hoodwinked her and managed to get a permanent job out of it as well.  Needs to do the DoF thing and move the manager out and get someone else in who has experience and can save the Vale's Div 1 status. 

Flickers should have been looking at out of work managers and making a list - not as if AC hasn't given him time to do this - as results have been going against him for a long time now.  

You're right. Football is a hard, ruthless and results based game and when things start going seriously wrong, people will question and criticise even the best of owners. To be honest, I'd like to think that Carol will act decisively to save the legacy she's been built up but, if she doesn't, I'll start to re-evaluate my judgement of her.  The prospect of sinking back into League 2 is going to challenge even the most die hard fans and Carol won't be immune from the backlash. It's up to her now.

Who would be a football club owner?

Archived