onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (H) match thread - 27th Jan

robf

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I was at Reading and no one will convince that Reading wanted that game to restart. They made no effort to stop the planned invasion and no effort to clear the pitch. 

Strange how that amount of violence could be sorted out and the match restarted after a 34 minute delay, whilst at reading 30 to 40 folk sitting in the centre circle couldn't be moved and the match restarted.

Advert

30 minutes ago, mikey said:

I was also a member of that fine institution, he was in the year below me 😅

Three years above me. Teddy never caused us any problems, but we were aware of him. There were lots of violent thugs at that school ever likely Mr Mealor had a nervous breakdown having been locked in a storeroom, by pupils. I remember getting sent to Piggy Johnson for the cane, I have to say, what a fine collection of canes he possessed. They were in a wooden display cabinet ranging from thickest to thinest from the top. From memory I’d have to say that the collection was probably his pride a joy. Also he certainly knew how to wield the cane. I’d describe my punishment as a miscarriage of justice. 

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

Surprised he’s that age judging by how quickly he ran across the pitch.

That was what I was thinking - quick on his feet.  Wish I could move half as quick as he did.  🤣

This is a hard one but Craig Hicks is not the reason we lost however his performance was incompetent. The pen was soft  and Chizzy wasn’t fouled. We were abjectly poor going forward and midfield was constantly over run . Think we’re in trouble without investment an now 1.5 fit forwards is worrying. Heard Flitcroft was seen on phone all the second half  but it makes me wonder are we actually done for “ 

1 hour ago, Packmoor_vale said:

He nearly did what 99% of us wanted to do 

If you want to get charged by the police for using threatening behaviour with intent to cause fear/violence and have a day in court because your football team lost a game, then it says a lot about you mate. I can assure it didn't cross my mind once, as I'm not a caveman. 

A bloke possibly made a mistake. I cannot believe what I am reading. 

2 hours ago, nodge said:

A 10-12 year old said to me and my dad as the two sets of fans come together at the gate for the path to Dolly's Lane, "F**k you, yer northern c**ts"

Classy....

Geography not his strong point , always thought we are a Midlands side. Mind you when you live in Portsmouth the South Pole probably feels like a Northern place.

9 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Geography not his strong point , always thought we are a Midlands side. Mind you when you live in Portsmouth the South Pole probably feels like a Northern place.

Probably part of the youth academy for the 657 crew. The Plymouth fans chant ‘you dirty northern b*****ds’ at Pompey fans.

43 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I was at Reading, were you?

It did not turn violent so its pointless even arguing the toss on something that never happened.

Then today, we have got the same deluded old woman comparing the scenes at West Brom v Wolves to that of Reading.

Nothing happened at Reading like the scenes we have seen yesterday and today

I was at Reading and there was definitely potential for things to turn ugly.  The fact that nothing happened is as much down to luck as anything else.

Nothing happened at Vale yesterday other than some irate chap running onto the green stuff.  Quite obviously if he really wanted to get at the ref  it would’ve taken a lot more to stop him than a friendly face appealing to his better nature.

5 minutes ago, Powerline said:

That is some seriously atrocious refereeing. But the clowns get picked still every week.

If they did not pick them there would not be anoth to cover every match.

Archived