onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (H) match thread - 27th Jan

robf

Advert

12 hours ago, soothsayer said:

Yeah and there’s a queue of multimillionaires lining up down Hamil Road to take over! 🙄 With our supporters reputation for berating any owner we’ve had in the last 25 years, I’d be surprised if there’s anyone out there who be daft enough to take Vale on. 
The recriminations can wait until May as the structure and woof the club won’t change in what’s left of this season. 
I’d suggest fans back the team for the last 20 games and see where we finish. I’ll be there Saturday backing the lads

I can't think if any owners bar the current ones in the last 25 years that shouldn't have been berated.

Has the weekend to try and calm down from that but will try and sum my views up:

Whilst the referee and his decision will take the headlines. the performance was awful, far too negative, far too respectful of a side in poorer form that us the last month or two. Again a side that wasn't great has come and had an easy 1-0 away win because we've had an inferiority complex! Whats more baffling is we actually had a good go at Fratton Park first half but at home we've parked up and played for a 0-0.

Gore and Weir can't play together again in the deeper central role, Until Ojo is back you have to play Sang or Grant plus one there for me, would quite like Grant there as he's meant to be decent as a midfielder but that will depend on a LWB coming in. Weir seems more of an attacking central midfielder and Gore needs an experienced head beside him at the moment, them together were like men v boys.

Once Uche went off we were pretty done as we didn't change the long ball game as it doesn't work and we were all over the place.

Referee was atrocious, didn't protect Uche at all, seen that one back and their lad is all over him so how its not a foul I dont know, good position as well for a pop at goal.

The game if I am honest felt like the Middlebrough game in how we played, but this was against a modestly talented League One side that had been getting beat at teams around us in recent weeks.

The main decision though, no one seems to agree on it, Vale fans and neutrals alike on social media.

Firstly the challenge on Chislett... its a 50-50 but what I would call a modern day foul because he goes through the man, taking man even if you win the ball more often that not is a free kick in this day and age, great tackle ten years or so back... that said the key here is another incident which is the Nathan Smith booking first half... almost identical so if he see's that as a foul and yellow he has to give the other, give both or neither, consistency and thats the problem there regardless of what side you sit on the debate of foul or good tackle.

Penalty is soft at best, I think from the various still's I have seen that Grant gets a toe on the ball, possibly even the same time as Kamara does then they tangle... no penalty for me, add in Kamara has gone down two or three times first half and surprised the referee gave it.

This Referee had previous with us, obviously Lincoln all be it correct decision but was the same referee who did both Bristol Rovers games in the promotion season where he sent two of their lads off (rightly) at their place but was then useless in the home game where he let Coutes get away with two awful challenges and was pretty much evening it up, very weak referee indeed.

That said it doesn't condone the actions of the supporter, he had completely lost his head there and cost us a few grand and probably himself a few grand and the chance to support us going further, I don't know the fella but if he cares about the club that's going to be a big loss to him. It wasn't mentioned or helped but the fan's in the stand were largely cheering and chanting against the referee at the time and it was probably as hostile as I have seen against an official in a long time. Just seem the whole frustration and anger came out but you have to leave it in the stands and control yourself there. Wasn't expecting it to be global news on Reuters etc but it is and reflects poorly on us a few weeks after the positives of our fans against Reading.

We are in trouble now League Table wise, games in hand are great but need to take points, Reading play early Saturday so its possible we are in the drop zone by the time we next kick off, sobering thought. That said a defeat on the road for Reading and a Vale win at Fleetwood would give us the chance to make it 9 point gap against Orient so it can change quickly but feels a pivotal week or so now.

35 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Has the weekend to try and calm down from that but will try and sum my views up:

Whilst the referee and his decision will take the headlines. the performance was awful, far too negative, far too respectful of a side in poorer form that us the last month or two. Again a side that wasn't great has come and had an easy 1-0 away win because we've had an inferiority complex! Whats more baffling is we actually had a good go at Fratton Park first half but at home we've parked up and played for a 0-0.

Gore and Weir can't play together again in the deeper central role, Until Ojo is back you have to play Sang or Grant plus one there for me, would quite like Grant there as he's meant to be decent as a midfielder but that will depend on a LWB coming in. Weir seems more of an attacking central midfielder and Gore needs an experienced head beside him at the moment, them together were like men v boys.

Once Uche went off we were pretty done as we didn't change the long ball game as it doesn't work and we were all over the place.

Referee was atrocious, didn't protect Uche at all, seen that one back and their lad is all over him so how its not a foul I dont know, good position as well for a pop at goal.

The game if I am honest felt like the Middlebrough game in how we played, but this was against a modestly talented League One side that had been getting beat at teams around us in recent weeks.

The main decision though, no one seems to agree on it, Vale fans and neutrals alike on social media.

Firstly the challenge on Chislett... its a 50-50 but what I would call a modern day foul because he goes through the man, taking man even if you win the ball more often that not is a free kick in this day and age, great tackle ten years or so back... that said the key here is another incident which is the Nathan Smith booking first half... almost identical so if he see's that as a foul and yellow he has to give the other, give both or neither, consistency and thats the problem there regardless of what side you sit on the debate of foul or good tackle.

Penalty is soft at best, I think from the various still's I have seen that Grant gets a toe on the ball, possibly even the same time as Kamara does then they tangle... no penalty for me, add in Kamara has gone down two or three times first half and surprised the referee gave it.

This Referee had previous with us, obviously Lincoln all be it correct decision but was the same referee who did both Bristol Rovers games in the promotion season where he sent two of their lads off (rightly) at their place but was then useless in the home game where he let Coutes get away with two awful challenges and was pretty much evening it up, very weak referee indeed.

That said it doesn't condone the actions of the supporter, he had completely lost his head there and cost us a few grand and probably himself a few grand and the chance to support us going further, I don't know the fella but if he cares about the club that's going to be a big loss to him. It wasn't mentioned or helped but the fan's in the stand were largely cheering and chanting against the referee at the time and it was probably as hostile as I have seen against an official in a long time. Just seem the whole frustration and anger came out but you have to leave it in the stands and control yourself there. Wasn't expecting it to be global news on Reuters etc but it is and reflects poorly on us a few weeks after the positives of our fans against Reading.

We are in trouble now League Table wise, games in hand are great but need to take points, Reading play early Saturday so its possible we are in the drop zone by the time we next kick off, sobering thought. That said a defeat on the road for Reading and a Vale win at Fleetwood would give us the chance to make it 9 point gap against Orient so it can change quickly but feels a pivotal week or so now.

no doubt if that was a Vale challenge it would have been a foul.

3 hours ago, Valient1961 said:

We weren’t negative against Charlton the other week in the 3-3 game we must had about 30 shots on goal 🙄

But then we were negative the week before at Carlisle and now against Portsmouth.

I'm really miffed that when we are playing a so called bigger club than ourselves, we do not lay any kind of glove of them.

Newport County shows us what we should be doing when it comes to the bigger clubs. Show no respect and have ago,

At the end of the day its 11 human beings versus 11 human beings 

55 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

But then we were negative the week before at Carlisle and now against Portsmouth.

I'm really miffed that when we are playing a so called bigger club than ourselves, we do not lay any kind of glove of them.

Newport County shows us what we should be doing when it comes to the bigger clubs. Show no respect and have ago,

At the end of the day its 11 human beings versus 11 human beings 

Felt almost jealous of Maidstone and Newport when you compare their superb efforts to our game against Middlesbrough. 

36 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Felt almost jealous of Maidstone and Newport when you compare their superb efforts to our game against Middlesbrough. 

Crazy isnt it?

It does not matter who the opposition are, just give it your all for 90 minutes. Its all you can ask for.

The incident on Saturday his being spoke about live on Talk Sport now with the head of the PGMOL.

The ref on Saturday actually works for the Surrey FA training refs.

Martin O Neil saying that he's never seen anything like that in all his years of being involved in the game.

Simon Jordan is saying how outrageous what he's seen.

16 hours ago, soothsayer said:

Listening to his interview on RS it seemed to me we were content to bring in one loan forward probably from PL2 then invest in a quality forward in the Summer. Uche’s injury yesterday has surely changed all that as we really need a proven target man who can hold the ball up and score. I don’t think another youngster is going to cut the mustard. My message to Carol would be invest now to avoid being in L2 next season. 
I know he’s 34 but a short term deal for Matt Smith wouldn’t cost the earth and he could May the difference.

I can't see us surviving in this league

22 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

The incident on Saturday his being spoke about live on Talk Sport now with the head of the PGMOL.

The ref on Saturday actually works for the Surrey FA training refs.

Martin O Neil saying that he's never seen anything like that in all his years of being involved in the game.

Simon Jordan is saying how outrageous what he's seen.

It was a strange incident, the guy ran 100 yards unchallenged and the referee had his back to him, no one on the pitch seemed to alert the referee until he got close to him which was bizzare but it all seemed to happen in slow motion.

We could get a serious punishment for it.

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Crazy isnt it?

It does not matter who the opposition are, just give it your all for 90 minutes. Its all you can ask for.

My opinion hasn't changed the negative tactics come from the manager he sets up the team the buck stops with crosby

Archived