onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (H) match thread - 27th Jan

robf

19 minutes ago, NEWPORT VALIANT said:

I was NOT at VP today as I am a REFEREE and YES we do mistakes. I NEVER intentionally make mistakes but it happens. Fortunately for me I only REFEREE in grassroots football and on the whole I LOVE REFEREEING. Had two  matches today and another Sunday morning, easy money for me. I was attacked six years ago in a STAFFORDSHIRE FA SUNDAY CUP MATCH and that was because a player believed that he had been fouled. I refused to give him a free kick, so he thought it was OK to punch me. He got fined £100 + 12 month ban from playing football.

My belief is that any player or " SO CALLED FAN", who either assaults or attempts to assault " THE REFEREE", should get a LIFETIME BAN. Fortunately the idiot who attempted to assault the REFEREE at VP did not have a knife. The consequences and aftermath of a situation like that don't bear thinking about.

Most fans have opinions of REFEREE'S and all REFEREE'S  should be impartial. OK maybe it wasn't a penalty I don't know as I wasn't at VP. But no fan has the right to go onto the field of play and threaten an official. Whether you agree with or her decision or not. The so called fan will now receive a lifetime ban from VP and possibly all UK football grounds. They should also appear in court next week and receive an immediate prison sentence. 

PORT VALE like any other club can't stop a random idiot entering the field of play and YES VALE could receive a fine. But tougher sanctions should NOT happen at this point. When although totally different situation READING fans got their home match with VALE abandoned. As everyone with common sense knows that was related to the shambolic way the so called owner has treated all associated with READING FC. But with so much knife crime now in society, it can't be that far away that an official or even a player is stabbed by a moron.

Really disappointed to hear that VALE were not at the races today. Possibly ANDY CROSBY should go, but unless you are SHREWSBURY who last weekend sacked Matt Taylor and have now been reunited with Paul Hurst who nearly took them to The Championship. First game back today SHREWSBURY win 2-0 at Northampton, Old manager new ideas. Perhaps VALE can get Micky Adams back. Otherwise if Crosby goes. Who comes in? Gareth Ainsworth?

UTV

Newport I totally admire you for refereeing at such an important level. I know it’s not easy with all the idiots watching. You need more support from the FA, in dealing with idiots who attend the games that you referee. Well done to you and all like minded ppl who perform that role because without you, grass roots football wouldn’t exist 👏👏👏

Advert

8 minutes ago, Warren said:

Taking the independent logical perspective it would indicate you hope your players are fitter, squad strength is deeper or there was something that limited choice beyond control. But I'm struggling for a positive reason - it doesn't look favourable. In fact in all my 46 plus years of watching PV we have rarely handled Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday well.

Also a balmy evening in April might attract a few more punters than shivering a week on Tuesday v Orient. 

3 minutes ago, Vtid said:

i agree with most of your points but a prison sentence for running on the pitch? Yes it could of got nasty or he could of simply got in the refs face & give him an ear full 🤷🏼‍♂️ the only offence he committed was entering the field of play. I'd be shocked if he received a life time ban, more likely to be a 3 year ban i reckon 🤔 

These things are all done for show by the perpetrators.  By the time the pitch invader gets onto the actual pitch proper he’s probably already having second thoughts and thinking hell, what have I done?  There’s some footage from the Lorne Street side and the guy actually slows down once he gets close to the ref.  The ref is certainly no Usain Bolt and someone with real intent would’ve taken a darn sight more stopping than Andy Crosby sticking an arm out and having a chat.  The authorities won’t see it this way and we’ll be dragged over the coals.  Ok the incursion itself is an offence, beyond that nothing actually happened.

26 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Without reading all the comments, my own take on the game was that we looked like a team that hadn’t played for weeks, no sharpness.  Playing the two young lads together in midfield was asking too much v the league leaders.  They both need the minutes but a more prudent approach would’ve been to play Sang alongside one or the other then swap the kids over at half time.  The loss of Ojo, Garrity, Arblaster and Devine has left a huge void in midfield so we we’re always up against it, with no real strikers plus not what most would choose as our best backline.  Anyway, we battled hard and hung in until a refereeing decision swung the game.  Pompey, for all their possession, didn’t look like they wanted to score.

Such is my frustration, and although  I’m probably in the minority, I’m still applauding the guy who ran onto the pitch, but he should’ve sat in the centre circle and refused to move rather than chasing the ref.  No real harm done, the ref will easily get the brown stains out on a boil wash, although we will get panned by the authorities.

I think the stewards handled it well. They protected the ref and left the intruder for 10-15 secs whilst they evaluated the risk he posed. The most important one was whether he had a knife. That also gave them enough time to get sufficient people there and organised to overpower him. 

To me he looked supremely angry. I was angry with the ref, but I didn't have a rage on like him. 

2 hours ago, Powerline said:

Weren’t you one of the ones saying we are doing alright literally about two games ago? This has been coming a mile off as all the Crosby out fans have been saying for the past 3 months.

We obviously won’t get rid after this but lose to Fleetwood and his position is surely untenable.

Changes his mind by the game.

Can't wait for the next pseudo intellectual essay

PLAYA AMODORES really appreciate your comments. But unfortunately FA'S fail to back REFEREE'S sufficiently at Grassroots level, that's why so many quit the "BEAUTIFUL GAME". Two weeks ago I REFEREED a top of the table clashing STAFFORD and DISTRICT SUNDAY LEAGUE the home team won fairly and squarely 2-1. The away team manager confronted after the game. To give me his opinion as to why I was a crap REFEREE. I cautioned 5 and sent off one player from the away team and one caution for home team. Myself like REFEREE at VP V PORTSMOUTH should always be impartial and as stated previously. We should not care who wins as long as our decisions are honest. Remember we are not robots so YES some will be incorrect and unfortunately for REFEREE at VP v PORTSMOUTH, situation caused major implications for him.

The fan stating that a PRISON SENTENCE is harsh. There needs to be a precedence outlined here. Their quote " THE FAN ONLY RAN ONTO THE PITCH." It is NOT ACCEPTABLE I could understand to a degree if this was MILLWALL a club who for decades have had their image tarnished by thugs. Their fans motto "NO ONE LIKE US AND WE DON'T CARE". Vale don't need that. Remember the Play Off Pitch Invasion v Swindon. It cost the club. Let's hope today's solo pitch invasion doesn't.

UTV

5 minutes ago, Warren said:

I think the stewards handled it well. They protected the ref and left the intruder for 10-15 secs whilst they evaluated the risk he posed. The most important one was whether he had a knife. That also gave them enough time to get sufficient people there and organised to overpower him. 

To me he looked supremely angry. I was angry with the ref, but I didn't have a rage on like him. 

I don't think they handled it well......How was he allowed on the pitch in the first place ? 

34 minutes ago, NEWPORT VALIANT said:

Fortunately the idiot who attempted to assault the REFEREE at VP did not have a knife

He might be charged with a public order offence but I'm not sure "attempted to assault the referee" is something that actually happened, he didn't get near him.

1 minute ago, Warren said:

I think the stewards handled it well. They protected the ref and left the intruder for 10-15 secs whilst they evaluated the risk he posed. The most important one was whether he had a knife. They also gave them enough time to get sufficient people there to overpower him. 

Yes, it’s a difficult one for the stewards.  Maybe watching a lot of football in the 70’s and 80’s, where pitch invasions were commonplace, has coloured my judgement.  The red mist had clearly come down but I honestly don’t think the ref would’ve suffered anything other than an ear bashing.  Obviously knife crime being what it is these days the stewards can’t take any chances and the ref would no doubt fear for his safety.  The facts are though that it wasn’t premeditated, as per the Reading pitch invasion, and no harm was done.

3 minutes ago, Doha said:

He might be charged with a public order offence but I'm not sure "attempted to assault the referee" is something that actually happened, he didn't get near him.

What if next game he has a high power rifle with a scope and attempts to shoot him from the Hamil flats?

First half we were so slow and laboured .

Lowry for them had all the time in the world why not take someone off and get  another player just man mark him .

Our set up just didn't work .

Too much respect given .

Bit hard do marks as saw little to cheer today it was a major disappointing performance and not a performance what we should be proud of it was chronic 

It was a  typical Vale home performance after a exciting one .

Ripley 7

Smith 4

Lowe 4

Icavetti 4 

Massey 4

Gore 3 

Weir 4

Chislett 6 

Wilson 2

Uche 3 

Grant 3

Shortock OK Loft worked hard but doesn't do  anything worthwhile apart from defend from front Sang had our only shot I can remember wide .

It was absolutely horrendous .

I cannot for the life of me understand how we can go from creating 29 goal attempts v Charlton too a dreadful 4 v pompey .

Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit but they are beatable if everyone's at it .

2 out of starting 11 isn't what I'd call at it .

Archived