onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (H) match thread - 27th Jan

robf

11 hours ago, blackdog said:

Thats the point I'm making, he shouldn't be allowed to get on the pitch the stewards watch the game not the crowd.

How many stewards do you want to see?  There’d have to be a lot more pitch side to prevent what was essentially a random, heat of the moment action, by someone incensed by what they’d just witnessed, and a pretty rare event at VP in the scheme of things.  You’d have to say that there should’ve been far more stewards and police at Reading, where it was known that fans would be on the pitch.

The deterrent against future incursions will be the punishments handed out to the fan and the club by the relevant parties rather than a huge increase in stewards, although I guess you’ll see a few more.  We’ll have to see what happens on that score.

Advert

30 minutes ago, 1 said:

We can’t suddenly start playing 4312 now because that’s not the system we have promised the prem academy directors. They don’t give a hoot if we go down as long as their little darlings get an experience of the real world. I really like Sang, I think he’s improved so much and is generally solid and reliable. He needs to start alongside Gore and push Weir further on alongside Chislett. Bring Wilson on with 30 to go, for a new striker that we have made a calculated financial risk to get. Otherwise we’re going down. Though surely Williams will sure the defence up and we can finally confine Smith back to the bench.

I agree re Sang, but he didn’t exactly cover himself in glory for the penalty incident if you look at the reply. Whichever way you look at it was completely preventable and basically another point chucked away. How many times have we said that already this season? 

I went into yesterday thinking that, with a couple of encouraging (and goal laden) performances, some new faces and a couple of weeks off (effectively) for a bit of a re-set, that we’d produce something to give us hope. It sounds like the exact opposite and us resorting to Bolton/Derby/Boro type performances whereby we treat the oppo’s as if they are Pep’s prime Barcelona. 

I might have mentioned this previously, but I hate 3-5-2. 

The only thing I’d say about the penalty is that their guy wins the ball and catches Chizz then Grant clearly wins the ball and catches their player.  What’s the difference?  In both cases the player making the tackle has won the ball and then momentum has come into play.

Yesterday’s result was disappointing - we never seem to get the rub of the green. The EFL decision on Reading may cost us dearly.

But the idiotic action of one may cost us more. We will get fined and we may have a suspended or actual points deduction.

The bad publicity being plastered over the news and Facebook won’t help us either.

image.thumb.png.8305f99d4991368dd1a2652c81d5e3b8.png

24 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

To be fair if more of us had ran on, maybe the match would have been postponed and Pompey would have to come back on a Tuesday. 

If Reading are morally justified to invade a pitch due to a crap owner who put in £200m but no longer wants to, surely Vale fans can due to a crap ref? 

How can you compare a peaceful demonstration to that of someone trying to smash the ref is beyond me

16 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Doesn't make any difference

We have still got a manager who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery 🍺🍻

In your opinion. 

I get the disappointment, I really do. I'm a Vale fan and want us to win every game three nil. 

What I struggle with is your childish rants, like you are chucking your toys out of the cot every time it doesn't go your way. 

You, and some others on here, can't seem to control their emotions. It's like you've got a switch which is either on or off - if we're doing well you say nothing. If we have a bad game is fully on.

The language that you use, too, is just plain silly.  We were <ovf censored>, or gash, or other daft comments. 

No, we were not brilliant yesterday, far from it.  BUT AC is having to rebuild a team that has our best players ripped from it, the two best players that were in loan pulled out by their clubs, three new loanees only just arrived. But all you can do is chuck a tantrum. 

That's what gets me. 

I'll leave you to rant and rave.

5 hours ago, soothsayer said:

Inept doesn’t come close to describing the referee’s performance in that game. Yes Portsmouth were the better team and probably warranted the three points, yes Vale didn’t really look like scoring but the it’s a fact they’d have got a well-earned point against the league leaders had it not been for that decision.

The lad who got the penalty had been falling down all afternoon and the joker in orange finally bought one. Personally I thought Vale defended really well but like so many home games against the top sides this season, all we got was a 0-1 defeat. 
The severity of Uche’s injury now means we really need to invest in a decent forward otherwise we will be in trouble. I just hope the idiots who gave the owners abuse on social media before Christmas haven’t put them off investing in one.

Well said. A balanced view of the game. 

9 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

How can you compare a peaceful demonstration to that of someone trying to smash the ref is beyond me

It is not a fact that the runner was going to smash the referee. He might have been going to ask for his autograph. Or he might have been doing it for a dare or hoping that lots of others would join him to make the point about the Reading decision. It is just your opinion which may or may not be correct.

35 minutes ago, bomber said:

I think Bing  watches a completely different game to everyone else ! After 15 minutes it was obvious we were never going to win a ball in the air! In fact we never won a 50 50 header on the entire pitch. The midfield was totally overran there was no point in having any forwards ! So why bring on Loft for Uche should have been Sang. Crazy 

Yet that is exactly what everyone has been calling for AC to do. So he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't 

We are in a relegation scrap yet we are relying on 3 x youngsters from Premier League clubs to make the difference.

Those 3 youngsters, one made his debut in mens football yesterday.

Another ones been injured all season and only played 1 game in the Scottish Cup this season and not even in the squad yesterday.

Then the other loanee played the equivalent of just under 9 games all season and we are expecting all 3 of these to get up to speed when?

10 games all season between them all.

And then, according to the fans forum on Thursday, we are expecting to bring in a couple of loan players from the premier league again. How longs it going to take for those 2 players to get up to speed with mens football?

We could be relegated by the time all these 5 players have got up to speed

11 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

How is that a balanced view of the game?

I read it. In my mind it's far more balanced than some of the <ovf censored> posted on here. 

Archived