onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Conlon

Advert

5 hours ago, manc_vale said:

I think his time here has been viewed as a success. Looked really good for us in L2 when we were not a good side. Included in that time was his amazing goal V's Barrow 

Part of the promotion side so has that to look back on.

It's a sign of how much we have improved. Our midfield is so much better now and he sadly has dropped down the pecking order. He isn't going to be part of the plans so sadly its right for him to go...

Sterling player for us though.

And a great goal, that one! Good luck with the next phase of your career, Tom!

Only issue Tom ever had really is that he lacked any turn of speed and was extremely one paced. Give him time on the ball and there aren't any issues. But the higher up the leagues you go, the less time you have generally.

But he was genuinely a fine player for the club and a great captain. Always came across as extremely likeable. Can't think there'll be many better players in the National League, that's for sure! Oldham have got themselves a gem.

All the best! 

A further nice snippet from TC taken from an interview with the Oldham official website.

Asked about his time at Vale Park: "Absolutely loved it. I really did. Can't fault anything about it. It's a club that did mean a hell of a lot to me.... but I'm looking forward this is the next step in my career."

Tom's contribution was magnificent he is a real role model of a good professional.  Sadly injuries curtailed his career towards the end of his time with us and the step up a league, allied to his injuries were telling factors.  

I cannot imagine any Vale fan failing to be generous in acknowledging Tom's contribution. His last message sums him up as a person.  I hope he leads Oldham back into the football league, at age 27, if he maintains fitness, he will be a huge asset to them.

Adios Tom.

Archived