robf

1 hour ago, Vtid said:

I'd go...                  Ripley 

Debrah    Smith   Lowe 

Lomax       Sang          Ojo         Grant

Chislet     Devine

Garrity 

1-1 Devine to bag 

Be nice to see Jones & Willo amongst the match day squad or even an update! 

On the grass 🤣

• Haha 1

Advert

On 21/12/2023 at 10:36, Raveninblack said:

I wouldn’t play Sang as during the Wigan match their right winger mcmanaman was all over him and was the reason for their goal and personally I just don’t rate him but play Conlon if Ochoa can’t play 

Feels a bit harsh on Sang, this. He has been one of our best players during this bad spell and only taken a recent downturn in form after Crosby inexplicably dropped him.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, headsup said:

Feels a bit harsh on Sang, this. He has been one of our best players during this bad spell and only taken a recent downturn in form after Crosby inexplicably dropped him.

Spot on. Brings a lot to the side, has to start or feature more for me 

1 minute ago, headsup said:

To be fair on the Wigan equaliser he stood him up and didn't let him beat him but the cross came from pretty much the corner flag so the blame is probably more on the central defence giving Wyke a tap in there than Sang for not stopping the cross.

I would bring Smudge in for this to deal with Vokes

If more defensive in shape Sang comes in for Massey, if happy to have a go at them keep Massey and maybe put Sang in for Arblaster unless your throwing Walters in.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, headsup said:

Very harsh. 

2 factors. Mcmanaman has played at the highest level and still has quality. 

2nd factor is yet again we had a player out of position. Sang is not a LWB. So was thrown on to ' do a job ' by Crosby. 

Wycombe have drawn 4 and lost 5 in the League since their last League win which was early October.

Now we don't have any cup competitions to be concerned with it's our League position in May that's the objective.

We should be looking for 3 points on Saturday to put us in a much better state going into the Christmas/New Year fixtures.

I think it's time we started to play at least one of the strikers from the start so my starting 11 would be :

Ripley

Debrah                 Lowe                  Iacovitti

Massey     Chislet         Ojo (If Fit) or Walters   Devine   Grant

Garrity              Loft

Good luck lads, UTV

More of the Wigan type performance gamely and less of the Middlesborough type performance (especially second half where we were absolutely rubbish).

I'd like know what UCHE has done wrong he rarely gets a game yet I feel adds so much unpredictability to the performances .

Be interesting see what the teams after listening to the pre match thing yesterday there's defo something what went on after Stevenage game and rightly so (maybe a fight between the players ).

We are not a bad side at all when at it tomoz we need be at it .

Barnsley after on boxing day if performance wasn't so lame v Boro be loads attending that game .

7-0 what more motivation do you need avenge that .

Then Blackpool a team we always beat at home I cannot recall them ever beating us in 32 years .

So we could have 7 points minimum out of next 3 .

I expect us hammer Barnsley that  day(well could do if we find that Wigan performance where let's face it we should have scored 5 minimum)I want Uche up front and I want him put the performance level in to not only score but get one of there players sent off as we thrash them.

Bring on the Xmas games and believe in yourselves Vale and deliver the goods .

UTV 

38 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

More of the Wigan type performance gamely and less of the Middlesborough type performance (especially second half where we were absolutely rubbish).

I'd like know what UCHE has done wrong he rarely gets a game yet I feel adds so much unpredictability to the performances .

Be interesting see what the teams after listening to the pre match thing yesterday there's defo something what went on after Stevenage game and rightly so (maybe a fight between the players ).

We are not a bad side at all when at it tomoz we need be at it .

Barnsley after on boxing day if performance wasn't so lame v Boro be loads attending that game .

7-0 what more motivation do you need avenge that .

Then Blackpool a team we always beat at home I cannot recall them ever beating us in 32 years .

So we could have 7 points minimum out of next 3 .

I expect us hammer Barnsley that  day(well could do if we find that Wigan performance where let's face it we should have scored 5 minimum)I want Uche up front and I want him put the performance level in to not only score but get one of there players sent off as we thrash them.

Bring on the Xmas games and believe in yourselves Vale and deliver the goods .

UTV 

Blackpool put 6 up us at Vale Park. Think Paul Stewart got a hat trick. But time goes so quickly don't remember if 80's or 90's . Which are indeed over 32 years ago. Scary. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Blackpool put 6 up us at Vale Park. Think Paul Stewart got a hat trick. But time goes so quickly don't remember if 80's or 90's . Which are indeed over 32 years ago. Scary. 

I have seen us lose a few times at home to Blackpool, Boxing Day around 2005 we lost 2-1 and recall a 3-0 loss when they'd not won all season and we'd started well (typical Vale!) probably the year before?

Barnsley was a weird one, it wasn't a 0-7 performance in terms of domination but every ball in the box we just didn't defend so have to be much much better.

If we can get 4 points from the next 3 I think that would be a decent return though and have us around 29 points at half way so 6 wins a 3 draws from safety. Its all about momentum now in the league and after 2 wins we have something now to build on.

5 hours ago, Vtid said:

I'd go...                  Ripley 

Debrah    Smith   Lowe 

Lomax       Sang          Ojo         Grant

Chislet     Devine

Garrity 

1-1 Devine to bag 

Be nice to see Jones & Willo amongst the match day squad or even an update! 

Ojo is injured as is Alblaster, plant and Jones isn’t training just yet

44 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

Ojo is injured as is Alblaster, plant and Jones isn’t training just yet

Ojo hasn't been confirmed as injured for this game Cros said itll be nip & tuck whether he makes it or not. I've not mentioned Blaster we all know he's out for some time 😅 where have you heard anything about Jones? Going on two months since i've heard his name mentioned at all & Plant was confirmed to be out long term yes, upto 4 months 

Edited by Vtid

2 hours ago, Vtid said:

Ojo hasn't been confirmed as injured for this game Cros said itll be nip & tuck whether he makes it or not. I've not mentioned Blaster we all know he's out for some time 😅 where have you heard anything about Jones? Going on two months since i've heard his name mentioned at all & Plant was confirmed to be out long term yes, upto 4 months 

Is Ojo having cosmetic surgery then ? 

• Haha 5