onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stevenage (H) FAC2R Match thread 12th Dec

28 minutes ago, man in the pub said:

Season ticket holder but didn't go last night as had plans for the night of the Boro game but had already moved it to last night instead. Obviously alot of unhappy people on here and some will say it's just differing opinions, which is true. What will force Carol's hand is not when fans turn against the manager, at least they are still engaged with the club. It's when they lose interest and stop going. Yes I know it's coming up to Christmas and we have alot of games currently but 2000 home fans last night will be ringing bells with Carol and they won't be Jingle bells but the alarm variety.

It's difficult to judge last night. It was one Tuesday I could not get there and there have been a lot of Tuesdays this season. I can't get to the two games over Christmas but for family reasons. 

But I want to see better fare between now and the end of January. Unlike many a past season when I've kept coming through far worse than now in league position terms, come Feb this season I won't. Some of this perspective is absolutely down to the way we are playing tactically. Crosby combines losing football with maximum boredom most games as well. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 2

Advert

12 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

After 55 minutes last night, I turned to my pal and asked "how are we towards the bottom of the league?". Then the Crosby affect kicked in. Sack him. Sack him now. 

you know its not just crosby. flitcroft should take a LOT of the blame. after all he makes the signings doesnt he?  i hate being proved right. the pair of them shouldve gone a month ago. stealing a wage . but weve been down the cheap option road so many times and not once has it worked out.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

you know its not just crosby. flitcroft should take a LOT of the blame. after all he makes the signings doesnt he?  i hate being proved right. the pair of them shouldve gone a month ago. stealing a wage . but weve been down the cheap option road so many times and not once has it worked out.

Do you mean the signings who were coasting the game until Crosby’s intervention?

• Like 2

He (AC) cost the club +£60k last night and a shot at potentially +£100k in the next round. His substitutions and tactics from being 2 nil up and reasonably comfortable shambolic. If that isn't enough of a reason to get rid nothing is. He needs to go and go now. What I witnessed last night was nothing short of managerial suicide. Massey was playing one of his best games in ages, subs him, he takes the 2 players off that dictated / bossed the midfield and we went totally defensive.  All down to him and him alone. 

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

Flitcroft had nothing to do with the tactical decisions that sabotaged our chances at Shrewsbury and last night. The decisions around substitutions, both timings and personnel have been absolutely appalling in both games. That's all on Crosby.

And then you look in the opposite dug out who is an experienced manager and knows what he's doing with game management to get a result.

All 3 x Stevenage goals were scored by their subs

Now thats some game management.

• Like 8

Listening to Crosby this morning… what a load of 💩. Sports Science. Really??? Really?

Question for Crosby. If we were drawing 0-0 at 60 mins would he have made the those changes? 

Crosby out.

Home attendances are plummeting FFS  Flicker and Carol act! 

• Like 2

If we are level or just a goal up with 20 minutes or so left in a game I never expect to get a result because of Crosbys substitution’s. I understand players get tired or take a knock but pretty well all managers make tactical changes and substitutions that improve their teams chances. I cannot re this ever been the case for Crosby, his decisions in the last 20 minutes have cost us double figure points this season and has now got us knocked out of the cup.

Fuming last night.

• Like 1

We have to differentiate the club, the community aspect from the playing side. Carol saved our club. We wouldn’t have one if she had not dipped her hand into her pocket. She won’t get that money back. It is important that the club is still here for future generations whatever division we are in. The club is an integral part of the community and it is terrific and right that Vale are so active within it. It is the heart of Burslem. Take the club away and the soul of Burslem has been removed. Those two aspects trump everything else. However we do have to try to readdress the football side. Massive mistakes have been made here and they need to be rectified. DF is simply all mouth and trousers with no substance to him at all. Talks the talk but does not walk the walk. AC is a decent man but is way out of his depth. Barmy decisions have cost this club hundreds of thousands of pounds. I suspect we have to wait until after we have lost to Borough before Carol pulls the trigger. We need a new manager in before the January window otherwise the footballing side of this great club will take us into the abyss. 

• Like 8

To go into the game with a rigid plan to take Devine & Arblaster off after 60 mins and give Grant no more than 45 irrespective of how the game is panning out (because the sports science team have looked into their crystal ball and said they will break down if they play more than that) beggars belief. To replace them with young lads with next to no football league experience is unbelievably bad in-game management. He is obsessed with wrapping the players up in cotton wool; he's created a culture where every niggle is treated with caution. Just focus on winning the game in hand!! 

I agree, I wonder how many back room staff Stevenage have, how many sport scientists they have, how many recruitment bods they have and I wonder if Crosby is happy having to work with all these people, because DF has come up with this vanity project and Carol has gone along with it because of her naivety in the way a football runs.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1