onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stevenage (H) FAC2R Match thread 12th Dec

2 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:
3 hours ago, The Master said:
One more thing….. “Helping food banks”????
What a strange world we live in when she can go and donate tins of beans to a food bank and then pay Ryan Loft and Uche Ikpeazu, to name two, the best part of 100k a year each. Most probably more.
Wobble your head.

Maybe it is yourself who should wobble your head. Sure she has made mistakes. Show me a person who hasn't made a mistake at work and I will show you a liar but the work done in the community must not be underestimated. They do not support food banks, they run their own every single Friday morning. It is called Community Cupboard and is a lifesaver for some people. Maybe you should do a bit of volunteering with the foundation like I do every Thursday and you will get a far better understanding.

And who’s the idiot?

You do realise it’s you? 
You’re just virtue signaling. Or at very best feeling sorry for others.

I dare say you’re not that well off. Like most in this area but “do your bit”.

Massively commendable.

But you’re doing it alongside a football club that is paying players, a budget, of around 2 million pounds a year. With a chairwoman who had no problem paying 5 million for the club. 

The world has actually gone mad that you volunteer your time whilst we throw money at the likes of Loft, Massey and Uche, which would mean you wouldn’t have to volunteer if that money went to the needy in the area. 

Edited by The Master

Advert

And who’s the idiot?
You do realise it’s you? 
Massively commendable.
But you’re doing it alongside a football club that is paying players, a budget, of around 2 million pounds a year. With a chairwoman who had no problem paying 5 million for the club. 

The world has actually gone mad that you volunteer your time whilst we throw money at the likes of Loft, Massey and Uche, which would mean you wouldn’t have to volunteer if that money went to the needy in the area. 
You're mad. Behave yourself.
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, The Master said:

And who’s the idiot?

You do realise it’s you? 

Massively commendable.

Edited by Vtid

Woke up more angry now than after the game! Suppose opening your eyes & listening to Andy Crosbys interview straight away does that to people, he clearly states Connor Grants injury record. Why is he bringing these kind of players into the club then when he knows it's got a big chance of back firing. And it has massively along with the other injury prone players like Wilson etc. It's crazy the quicker the boro game comes the better because this can't carry on & i genuinely believe that Carol is being sentimental towards him due to the quarter final of the league cup 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SuperHuman said:

It’s just so typical.

2-0 up, cruising to the third round plus 67k to boot. On top of that it would have been two wins in a few days with a home game on Saturday and the League Cup quarter final next week. 

We’ve just managed to sabotage any little momentum or hope of turning things around. 

It’s clear to see that he’s not the man for the job. Our game management is none existent. Tonight sums it up. 

The total could be anything. 67k for tonight. And yes we're rubbish but 3 division above Maidstone. We'd of been hot favourites. Last 32 then.......oh well we can but dream.

Has he gone yet ?

Come on Carol. You know it makes sense. If the attendance against Derby and again tonight don't tell you something then nothing will. 

• Like 7

I’d love to know, since the start of the Crosbyball era, how many games we’ve taken the lead but failed to win (bonus points for opposition equalisers scored in the last 10 minutes). 

It seems like Groundhog Day over and over - take the lead in the first half, huff and puff to HT without scoring again, get to 60th minute without scoring, take the players off who are most likely to score, sit back and invite pressure and inevitably concede. 

All the opposition needs to do is stop us getting crosses in for the first half - nobody will shoot from outside the area, nobody will go on a run. And it’s usually quite straightforward as we don’t have anyone who can score off a cross. Then go all-in after half time and we’re there for the taking. 

2 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

Well 3 hrs go of my night shift

Just on me lunch 

Thoughts about game .

Easily the better side first 60 mins then he started messing with the team .

It's exactly the same performance as v Exeter after 60 mins letting the opposition get  the  ball out wide and cross at will, with Lowe now in midfield and captain fantastic (not ) at the back i knew we would soon succumb and give them a leg up sure enough we did  .

After giving them a leg up we continued playing the same way and on last minute of game they score deservedly because for 30 mins they were fit and they wanted it more than us for there away following of 77 .

In first half extra time they have managed head wide with Smith marking fresh air yet again .

I keep saying it why is he still at this football club (captain bottle job ).

Then after a brilliant through ball the maligned Loft scored then we were sprightly for one minute then last minute of extra time defend like a team who are not fit wear the shirt .

I went then as had to come work and felt overall the mighty Stevenage deserved win. 

Crosby should be ashamed of himself he cost us .

You don't take your energetic players off and go defensive knowing that calamity Vale  will be very giving .

Will we get any confidence from that doubt you cost carols thousands tonight so for that I hope you get your just desserts tomorrow. 

2000 fans there says it all but you now what every fan generally gave there all .

Garrity is a diamond I'd make him captain .

Ollie super Devine Slick and Massey influential and Sang kept going well even though he should have been told by management to go stand on there half attacking fullback cause he won the game for them he was non stop whipping balls,they had more desire ,more will ,more everything , we defended appalling but not for 60 mins we didn't so why the change in the defensive performance .

I'd be pointing the finger at someone for sure .

Very disappointed that we out but with just the meagre support what attended Vale fans obviously don't care about the competition which to me is appalling also .

Hopefully the Wigan game  is well attended it was so vital win last night and we ballsed it up .

Changing the back three murdered us. The goals came from Lackevetti's inept performance. Blame the manager for the changes, but you always point the finger at the same player.

7 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

God, our fans are crap. Makes me sick sometimes. Boos. Scapegoats. Fickle. Negative. Rubbish atmosphere and can't get a decent song out if we aren't 3-0 up.

I don't remember shouting for JR'S head when we struggled in the Championship. This current mob we let in would be.

Getting a season ticket among the drooling swamp donkeys who occupy the back of the Hamil might be the worst decision I've ever made. More Stone Island badges than brain cells. Loaded up on Coke and Kopperberg, using words like 'limbs' and smelling of Joop. 

Got to keep going though. But God, I hate that lot.

How would you know? when was the last time we were 3-0 up 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Connolly said:

Inspirational? I wouldn't go that far pal.. If the pessimism ain't alive in yer you ain't watching Vale.  Presides who you kidding, If yee a supporter than ain't broke or busy with more importent life matters, ye'll be there anyhow. You don't need no convincing. 😛

So... UTV for the craic

It's a long way to PV on public transport for me. And we live a long way from our family who are visiting over Christmas and have busy jobs. So PV one million percent comes second. 

However, despite having enough, I won't cancel my train tickets and be there on Saturday. Provided wife's eye clinic goes well at the hospital on Friday. I forgot about that!

Edited by Warren
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

You're right, she should sell. I'm sure buyers would be queuing up. I mean, who doesn't want to pay £5m+ for a football club that won't turn a profit, only to be forced to sell by the very fanbase who begged you to buy in the first place? 

Edited by Brian Johnson

Season ticket holder but didn't go last night as had plans for the night of the Boro game but had already moved it to last night instead. Obviously alot of unhappy people on here and some will say it's just differing opinions, which is true. What will force Carol's hand is not when fans turn against the manager, at least they are still engaged with the club. It's when they lose interest and stop going. Yes I know it's coming up to Christmas and we have alot of games currently but 2000 home fans last night will be ringing bells with Carol and they won't be Jingle bells but the alarm variety.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Alfie1962 said:

Changing the back three murdered us. The goals came from Lackevetti's inept performance. Blame the manager for the changes, but you always point the finger at the same player.

We didn't concede any till he moved in the centre .

Its hard tell from hamil but deary me ill see who was at fault when I see the goals later .

They weren't bothering us at all till Mr ultra negative gave them a route back into the game aided superbly by middle centre and left half who lost there battles how  else can you explain 3 goals going in .

Not die for the club defending is it .

Better be getting his p45 for that thats what I do know .

His ineptness is astonishing 

Edited by Devine intervention

Left just before the penalties as I had to be up at 4,30 this morning for work. I also couldn't bare to watch us go out on penalties as I felt that was exactly what would happen. Call me fickle, don't care atm.
As I walked onto Hamil road I could hear AC ranting and shouting from the touch line!!!
I just don't know anymore tbh. So so disappointed with so many things.
Our club is degenerating into an absolute mess, or so it seems.
All said and done, is staying up in League 1, after the year we've had, adding stability for us to push on?
Not really. This is a horror show of a season and it's so tiresome and frustrating.

• Like 1