onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stevenage (H) FAC2R Match thread 12th Dec

33 minutes ago, Connolly said:

Post Match thoughts; I'm gonna start by saying I thought the fans tonight in the bycars were class, I felt proud to be vale! 

Secondly I have to give credit to Stevenage, they were a good side.. and I can understand why they are where they are in the league. They had a fight about them. 

We showed sprit and fluidity tonight at times, and looked in control, but I think Crosby got it wrong with the subs, hopefully lessons were learnt. I'm glad we've remembered where the net is though!  Even flipping loft scored... still looked flaky but let's keep cheering the muppet into being less pants whilst he's under contract.

life goes on at, Like the boo boys have been saying, they'd rather see us do well in the league, so get behind the boys agaist Wigan.

Perhaps the Giant Slayers are but sharpening their knifes

(disclaimer: all grumbles and grunts are fully valid under article 1876, and positivity may be considered foolish under act 2023)

UTV

Ok, this is inspirational enough to get me there on Saturday. 

Advert

A disclaimer:  My previous couple of posts do not necessarily represent my own views but were an attempt (arguably a poor one) to respond to the original poster’s question of what might Carol and David be seeing (and by inference thinking) that fans are not.

18 minutes ago, Connolly said:

After studies at Oxford university, it's been proven that the mind does indeed boggle

25 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Brilliant. We’re the worst side in league 1 this calendar year. I’d hope they look at that rather than us managing to beat Burton in the 1st round of the fa cup and losing to a side just promoted from league 2 and in our division on a much smaller budget at home. 

2 minutes ago, Black N White said:

More like we are the worst team in this calendar year! 

Honestly get a grip. 

Keep  clapping! 

You're right, she should sell. I'm sure buyers would be queuing up. I mean, who doesn't want to pay £5m+ for a football club that won't turn a profit, only to be forced to sell by the very fanbase who begged you to buy in the first place? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Warren said:

Ok, this is inspirational enough to get me there on Saturday.

Inspirational? I wouldn't go that far pal.. If the pessimism ain't alive in yer you ain't watching Vale.  Presides who you kidding, If yee a supporter than ain't broke or busy with more importent life matters, ye'll be there anyhow. You don't need no convincing. 😛

So... UTV for the craic

Edited by Connolly
Booop

2 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

You're right, she should sell. I'm sure buyers would be queuing up. I mean, who doesn't want to pay £5m+ for a football club that won't turn a profit, only to be forced to sell by the very fanbase who begged you to buy in the first place? 

Yeh your right loving coming to watch us at home to get beat by the mighty Cheltenham, Burton, Stevenage, 

Love seeing Port Vale the worst team in the country this year! 

Love watching us in a stadium without any toilets or concourse. 

Hey love seeing how the club doesn’t interact with its supporters and the have to employ someone who can. 

I didn’t beg, she can go for me. 

Joke of a club, joke of a owner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Black N White said:

Yeh your right loving coming to watch us at home to get beat by the mighty Cheltenham, Burton, Stevenage, 

Love seeing Port Vale the worst team in the country this year! 

Love watching us in a stadium without any toilets or concourse. 

Hey love seeing how the club doesn’t interact with its supporters and the have to employ someone who can. 

I didn’t beg, she can go for me. 

Joke of a club, joke of a owner

Doesn't interact with it's supporters? Aside from the football, they've loads for the local community, including helping support food banks. If you honestly a better job can be done why don't you set up a fan consortium or something...  Surely you and others with this your mindset can't just be mad, with the pessimism I'm seeing on here there must be something to it, turn your critisms into a tangible alternative! and the normal fans cracking on with life may actually hear you, and maybe carol may hear you too.

• Like 5

I'm wondering if it's become a vanity project for DF and if he pulls the trigger it looks bad on him, it's his style of play it dictates the players we sign to fit his system I'm tired of this 30 passes and getting nowhere, did you hear Crosbys interview moaning about Stevenage getting in behind and getting crosses in and them being relentless, the only thing we are relentless at is losing.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

15 minutes ago, Connolly said:

Doesn't interact with it's supporters? Aside from the football, they've loads for the local community, including helping support food banks. If you honestly a better job can be done why don't you set up a fan consortium or something...  Surely you and others with this your mindset can't just be mad, with the pessimism I'm seeing on here there must be something to it, turn your critisms into a tangible alternative! and the normal fans cracking on with life may actually hear you, and maybe carol may hear you too.

The average Vale fan, like it or not, couldn’t give two shiny shites about the community.

Right now the club, football wise, which is the main priority, is massively underperforming and borderline embarrassing.

Fans want her to act and sack Flitcroft for overseeing us coming into a league season without a striker and also to sack Crosby who’s as clueless as they come from minute one to minute end. 

Carol us done wonders. And continues to do so. However….. she assigned Flitcroft to “all things football related”. That has not only not gone to plan but has been absolutely catastrophic. Look at the attendance tonight. So….. An owner with any worth would fire him and the useless rookie manager we have in charge NOW. Or……… face a huge underserved, in my opinion, amount of backlash from fans over her tenure. It’s the nature of the beast. But I’m sure she reads these sites and other social media and the overwhelming majority want Flitcroft and Crosby out of our club ASAP.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Connolly said:

One more thing….. “Helping food banks”????

What a strange world we live in when she can go and donate tins of beans to a food bank and then pay Ryan Loft and Uche Ikpeazu, to name two, the best part of 100k a year each. Most probably more.

Wobble your head.

What a strange world we live in when she can go and donate tins of beans to a food bank and then pay Ryan Loft and Uche Ikpeazu, to name two, the best part of 100k a year each. Most probably more.
Wobble your head.
Maybe it is yourself who should wobble your head. Sure she has made mistakes. Show me a person who hasn't made a mistake at work and I will show you a liar but the work done in the community must not be underestimated. They do not support food banks, they run their own every single Friday morning. It is called Community Cupboard and is a lifesaver for some people. Maybe you should do a bit of volunteering with the foundation like I do every Thursday and you will get a far better understanding.
  • Like 7

Well 3 hrs go of my night shift

Just on me lunch 

Thoughts about game .

Easily the better side first 60 mins then he started messing with the team .

It's exactly the same performance as v Exeter after 60 mins letting the opposition get  the  ball out wide and cross at will, with Lowe now in midfield and captain fantastic (not ) at the back i knew we would soon succumb and give them a leg up sure enough we did  .

After giving them a leg up we continued playing the same way and on last minute of game they score deservedly because for 30 mins they were fit and they wanted it more than us for there away following of 77 .

In first half extra time they have managed head wide with Smith marking fresh air yet again .

I keep saying it why is he still at this football club (captain bottle job ).

Then after a brilliant through ball the maligned Loft scored then we were sprightly for one minute then last minute of extra time defend like a team who are not fit wear the shirt .

I went then as had to come work and felt overall the mighty Stevenage deserved win. 

Crosby should be ashamed of himself he cost us .

You don't take your energetic players off and go defensive knowing that calamity Vale  will be very giving .

Will we get any confidence from that doubt you cost carols thousands tonight so for that I hope you get your just desserts tomorrow. 

2000 fans there says it all but you now what every fan generally gave there all .

Garrity is a diamond I'd make him captain .

Ollie super Devine Slick and Massey influential and Sang kept going well even though he should have been told by management to go stand on there half attacking fullback cause he won the game for them he was non stop whipping balls,they had more desire ,more will ,more everything , we defended appalling but not for 60 mins we didn't so why the change in the defensive performance .

I'd be pointing the finger at someone for sure .

Very disappointed that we out but with just the meagre support what attended Vale fans obviously don't care about the competition which to me is appalling also .

Hopefully the Wigan game  is well attended it was so vital win last night and we ballsed it up .

Edited by Devine intervention

2 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:
3 hours ago, The Master said:
Wobble your head.

Maybe it is yourself who should wobble your head. Sure she has made mistakes. Show me a person who hasn't made a mistake at work and I will show you a liar but the work done in the community must not be underestimated. They do not support food banks, they run their own every single Friday morning. It is called Community Cupboard and is a lifesaver for some people. Maybe you should do a bit of volunteering with the foundation like I do every Thursday and you will get a far better understanding.

Congratulations for volunteering every Thursday. I’m very proud for you. Thanks for telling me that. 
And please, don’t get me wrong, people should not be going short in this world. So well done.

You are missing my point though.

The virtue signaling of all of that from the club and people like you, (look up virtue signaling pal) disguises the real problems.

We are not a charity. We are a football club first and foremost, who play abysmal football and we’re sleepwalking to league 2 again.

So forgive me for caring more about Port Vale Football Club who play football than those who can’t afford a meal on this site because we aren’t Port Vale Charity. We aren’t Port Vale volunteers. We aren’t Port Vale look at me I’m here to care for the community. We’re Port Vale <ovf censored> FOOTBALL club and that should be the number one priority and she needs to get her <ovf censored> in order quick before we’re back to where we were.

You’re welcome.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1