onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stevenage (A) FAC2 match thread 2nd Dec

Advert

27 minutes ago, Osh said:

I don't think that's a very fair statement; I know it's a dark sense of humour and self-depreciation to say that (Barnsley aside) we've lost and/or drawn games by the odd (annoying) goal and teams have struggled to overcome us.  Bolton, Portsmouth, Shrewsbury fans/commentators/forums have all stated that we have been THE best team that theyve played this season and we should have got something out of the game.  But I think you know that and it was just a silly throw away comment.

Osh, I think its more than fair. 

What the majority on here are now saying is what I have been banging on since day one, we create bugger all and the teams that you have mentioned, apart from the first 45 minutes at Portsmouth, it was an easy afternoon for all those 3 teams.

A team knows that if they take the lead against us then they know they are getting the 3 points.

The way we play, it looks nice & pleasing on the eye but that's it. 

Osh, open your eyes up mate, its poor all round and 3 goals in 9 games is it? says it all

1 minute ago, Brian Johnson said:

Osh, I think its more than fair. 

What the majority on here are now saying is what I have been banging on since day one, we create bugger all and the teams that you have mentioned, apart from the first 45 minutes at Portsmouth, it was an easy afternoon for all those 3 teams.

A team knows that if they take the lead against us then they know they are getting the 3 points.

The way we play, it looks nice & pleasing on the eye but that's it. 

Osh, open your eyes up mate, its poor all round and 3 goals in 9 games is it? says it all

Once again you have moved the goalposts - its one of the things you do.  Your first statement was the teams "don't have to get out of first gear to beat us"  THAT simpy isnt true,

I am more than well aware of the situation we're in and our lack of goals.  Thats a different thing.

1 minute ago, Osh said:

Once again you have moved the goalposts - its one of the things you do.  Your first statement was the teams "don't have to get out of first gear to beat us"  THAT simpy isnt true,

I am more than well aware of the situation we're in and our lack of goals.  Thats a different thing.

I have not moved the goal posts. They score first and they win.

I have not seen one team get out of first gear to beat us this season. 

Its been poor and boring all season. Its only now the fans are tuning in to it 

45 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

A lot less than the league game for sure. Looking at the map and available tickets I think it looking like less than 300

300 would be amazing considering the circumstances. Surprised anyone's mad enough to go at all.

56 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

It feels like moving the goalposts is our best chance of scoring at the moment.

Not Stevenage related as such with it being a cup game but just wanted to raise this remarkable stat; we've taken 3 points from our last 11 league games. The fact we still find ourselves 3 points above the drop zone reflects just how amazing our start to the season was. It also reflects just how bad League 1 is this season, compared to last.

Consider this... had we picked up the equivalent of 1 point per game over those 11 games (which is still relegation form over the course of a full season), we'd be sat in 10th spot, 4 points off the playoffs.

Such a wasted opportunity. 

Billy Sharp needs to be got its as simple as that .

Well financially maybe not but get the buckets out i want to see goals if it means chucking a tenner in  every home game for 8000 Vale fans (I'm counting the ones who think it's OK go the odd game a century man City Swindon,play off final ).

Maybe I was harsh on Wednesdays performance but we not a bad side at all we defo improved from last time we played Derby at home think that night Derby could have scored 15 second half it wasn't for lady luck and brilliant goalkeeping the other night  maybe 2 or 3 should have conceded so getting better if you look at it like that .

Tomorrow we need try something different if indeed it's ON was going go but work are not allowing folk take holidays .

If I was the club I'd name the team tonight if only 200 are going .

It's the Fa Cup it's the best and most lucrative competition .

Lets see if he is going play Uche with Loft .

Personally I would .

We need to see if playing them both helps them both out of the no scoring in any game up to yet this campaign statistic .

I think Crosby in some respects cause of his set up is doing a disservice to the forwards we ain't going score if we do not get balls into the box immediately ,turning back and passing it back to players who do not have the energy and ability to drive past there opponents and be positive is never going to bring rewards. 

He needs to play the players who can drive forwards .

For me anyway I saw a Derby right back (Kane Wilson)take tge ball past 6 Vale players the other night because he believed he can ours well you saw what he was doing he was very static throughout and icavetti don't get me started in his distribution. 

Do you see some of our players attempting that. 

No and theres your problem

It's low risk possession .

It's time we took some risks .

UTV 

7 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Maybe I was harsh on Wednesdays performance but we not a bad side at all we defo improved from last time we played Derby at home think that night Derby could have scored 15 second half it wasn't for lady luck and brilliant goalkeeping the other night  maybe 2 or 3 should have conceded so getting better if you look at it like that .

We were poor on Tuesday, Make no bones about that.

I also think we gave Derby more of a game last season than on Tuesday. We had a good go at them last season.

On paper, Derby in my eyes are a much weaker side than last season too

1 minute ago, Brian Johnson said:

I also think we gave Derby more of a game last season than on Tuesday. We had a good go at them last season.

Going forwards v Derby we were in the main excellent last season .

Tues we were not .

Spot on Brian Johnson I enjoyed tge defeat last home game v Derby the one tues I hated .

21 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Derby are on a good run of form after a dodgy start to the season, spoke to a Derby fan this week who reckons they are a lot better than last season and are a lot more likely to get promoted this season. 

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

There’s been quite a few teams who’ve said we are the best team they have played against.

Archived