Sang, Ojo, Arblaster, Plant 

Garrity, Uche, Devine 

Whereas there's surely a case for:

Ripley

Cass, Debrah, Smith, Iacovitti 

Ojo, Arblaster 

Garrity, Chislett, Devine 

Uche

Can't take that much to tweak it so we have a bit of balance?

Advert

4 hours ago, Granville said:

Given the rigidity of how we play I'm expecting 

Ripley 

Debrah, Smith, Iacovitti 

Sang, Ojo, Arblaster, Plant 

Garrity, Uche, Devine 

Whereas there's surely a case for:

Ripley

Cass, Debrah, Smith, Iacovitti 

Ojo, Arblaster 

Garrity, Chislett, Devine 

Uche

Can't take that much to tweak it so we have a bit of balance?

Lacovitti certainly isn't a leftback.  

9 hours ago, LancyTony said:

It's doubtful whether a manager who clearly doesn't like 4 at the back will change his mind because a couple of fans want to see it?

You’ve got more chance of finding Santa Claus stuck up your chimney than seeing us play 4 at the back. 

I don’t know if it’s recent performances, the time of year or whatever, but this game holds close to zero interest for me, which is silly I admit given the potential financial implications. 

Derby was such a deflating performance, it was a throwback to the Michael Brown days.

We might have been better off sticking JJ Hooper up front than Loft.

The situation with the wing backs and forwards is beyond comical. Again I ask the question, who plays LWB in the reserves/youth team? Shouldn’t he be considered? Although knowing us we probably still play a right-sided midfielder there in the youth/reserve games.

I can’t be bothered to think about what team we’ll play such is may current apathy. Maybe Conlon? Maybe Walters? Maybe Luttweiler because as good as Ripley has been, at least it might stop some of this d!cking around at the back. Who knows, maybe just maybe we’ll not see Smith in a wide CB role…. I’m not holding my breathe mind.

I'm going today but still don't understand why !! 

Minus 5 just in Porthill. The TV and plenty of brews is the best course of action. My mate who goes to 44 or 45 a season ( only misses when on holiday) was going on his own so I've tagged along .

Must be mental. A bit like Biddulph_PV I'm rather apathetic about it and not really bothered. However I'm sure that'll change at 3.00.

Echo what others have said. A replay a week on Tuesday in front of an empty Vale Park holds zero appeal. So let's hope we win today. 

10 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Minus 5 just in Porthill. The TV and plenty of brews is the best course of action. My mate who goes to 44 or 45 a season ( only misses when on holiday) was going on his own so I've tagged along .

Must be mental. A bit like Biddulph_PV I'm rather apathetic about it and not really bothered. However I'm sure that'll change at 3.00.

Echo what others have said. A replay a week on Tuesday in front of an empty Vale Park holds zero appeal. So let's hope we win today. 

I'd take a replay if it's a chance to progress with a proper biggie in Round 3.

24 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Just leaving. I take it there are no plans of any pitch inspection? It's minus 7 in my car !!

Stevenage official twitter makes no mention of a pitch inspection and they are still selling tickets... Good luck with your journey. We are setting off soon too. only -2 in Stafford.

53 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

You’ve got more chance of finding Santa Claus stuck up your chimney than seeing us play 4 at the back. 

I don’t know if it’s recent performances, the time of year or whatever, but this game holds close to zero interest for me, which is silly I admit given the potential financial implications. 

Derby was such a deflating performance, it was a throwback to the Michael Brown days.

We might have been better off sticking JJ Hooper up front than Loft.

The situation with the wing backs and forwards is beyond comical. Again I ask the question, who plays LWB in the reserves/youth team? Shouldn’t he be considered? Although knowing us we probably still play a right-sided midfielder there in the youth/reserve games.

I can’t be bothered to think about what team we’ll play such is may current apathy. Maybe Conlon? Maybe Walters? Maybe Luttweiler because as good as Ripley has been, at least it might stop some of this d!cking around at the back. Who knows, maybe just maybe we’ll not see Smith in a wide CB role…. I’m not holding my breathe mind.

Good morning mr happy 

50 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Your right mate….Mental

Archived