onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stevenage (A) FAC2 match thread 2nd Dec

I'd like to think there will be some serious thinking about why the connections are not working .

Football is all about having connections on the pitch .

Is it true to say we are a better side when Lewis Cass plays right side of defence least he can get up and down the field and be able pass it with intent forwards .

Is it true say we are a better side when Chislett is on the pitch .

I'd say we are .

Is it true to say James Plant gives a lot more enthusiasm to the game than a fair few others .

Is it true to say our best defender over the past month has been Jesse Debrah with Lowe next .

Is it true to say Rhys Walters should be brought on for ojo if ojos not at it if so why wasn't he tues as Ojo struggled to flow well I don't really care how old Walters is if your good enough your old enough I've seen snippets of what's needed for us score goals and the ball the lad played between the lines for Massey to put on a plate for Thomas Is the ball what needs playing every game .

If you think YES to every one then indeed you understand the dynamics of football .

For sat we need to play all these players mentioned then a positive performance will be the outcome. 

UTV 

Advert

1 hour ago, Devine intervention said:

I'd like to think there will be some serious thinking about why the connections are not working .

Football is all about having connections on the pitch .

Is it true to say we are a better side when Lewis Cass plays right side of defence least he can get up and down the field and be able pass it with intent forwards .

Is it true say we are a better side when Chislett is on the pitch .

I'd say we are .

Is it true to say James Plant gives a lot more enthusiasm to the game than a fair few others .

Is it true to say our best defender over the past month has been Jesse Debrah with Lowe next .

Is it true to say Rhys Walters should be brought on for ojo if ojos not at it if so why wasn't he tues as Ojo struggled to flow well I don't really care how old Walters is if your good enough your old enough I've seen snippets of what's needed for us score goals and the ball the lad played between the lines for Massey to put on a plate for Thomas Is the ball what needs playing every game .

If you think YES to every one then indeed you understand the dynamics of football .

For sat we need to play all these players mentioned then a positive performance will be the outcome. 

UTV 

When all fully fit Cass ain't getting in the starting 11 for me, i like the lad but lowe, jesse & balmer are all ahead of him on the right side of a back 3 i feel. Chizzy has been crap for a while now. Spends too much time diving about on the floor & has forgot how to have a pop at goal for some reason. I agree with Planty, not sure why he's been dropped of late & the bizarre decision to start playing Sang on the left when he was just coming into good form on his natural side 🤦🏼‍♂️ Walters must be so frustrated he's been fantastic whenever he's played & should be getting some minutes in the league as you've said 👍🏻 AC won't change the formation or the way he sets up. He's too stubborn & set in his own ways which will ultimately cost him his job soon i have no doubt. I'd go Ripley, Sang, Lowe, Jesse, Yak & Plant across the back. A midfield of Walters, Ojo & Arblaster with Garrity & Uche up top. Bring on the likes Chislet, Devine, and dare i say it Loft & or massey if the game needs changing up a bit 

21 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Got to be well below freezing so probably postponed but if we play its a tough game they are flying but in the cup we seem to be much better, especially away from VP.

Giving out a couple of degrees there on the weekend in the daytime may be alright 🤷🏼‍♂️ It's a tin pot little ground & gonna be -3 overnight like you said tho so may well possibly be called off ❄️ 

Ripley

Sang Smith Yak Ojo

Arblaster

Chislett Walters Plant

Garrity Uche

532 is not fit for purpose with the currently available players.

Ojo is dependable and will do a job wherever, so I'd put him LB (not LWB).

We need someone up front with Uche, and Ben is the closest we've got to a suitable strike partner right now.

Chislett played well against these last time out.

I would go with a flat back four which concentrates on defending and keeping shape to cut out the amount of free runs we are giving at our box!

14 minutes ago, 1 said:

Ripley

Sang Smith Yak Ojo

Arblaster

Chislett Walters Plant

Garrity Uche

532 is not fit for purpose with the currently available players.

Ojo is dependable and will do a job wherever, so I'd put him LB (not LWB).

We need someone up front with Uche, and Ben is the closest we've got to a suitable strike partner right now.

Chislett played well against these last time out.

I would go with a flat back four which concentrates on defending and keeping shape to cut out the amount of free runs we are giving at our box!

Would be very happy with this apart from Ojo - although - who else do we have to play there? Massey - at least he is just being useless in one position and not making others useless by playing them out of position to accommodate. Is Jack Shorrock fit? I know he picked up a knock but if he was fit I'd play him there - why not.

31 minutes ago, Emile said:

Would be very happy with this apart from Ojo - although - who else do we have to play there? Massey - at least he is just being useless in one position and not making others useless by playing them out of position to accommodate. Is Jack Shorrock fit? I know he picked up a knock but if he was fit I'd play him there - why not.

We need more support for Uche and Ojo is one of the only players I trust to play out of position without being all at sea. It's either that or play Yak LB and bring Debrah in. Need to switch it up and play a more attacking formation either way.

When is Grant back, he was injured in a cluster all called '8 weekers'. Same as Wilson. Yet Yak is back playing?

Is it true to say that Uche and Loft haven't scored a goal playing as lone rangers so why not play them as a 2 and see if that improves there goal output (worth a try is not especially considering the grief lofts getting) as playing up top on own 3 games a week Uche no wonder he didn't reach the heights v Derby and then when Loft generally comes on we already losing and if anything usually we banging it long and getting more and more desperate .

So to me I'm.sure some people would be happy put Loft in there car and drop him off anywhere so he cannot be considered for any game at any time for our club but I'm not that unsupportive of him  why would I be he is Vale now  let him start a game with Uche and lets see if they can CONNECT,you never know ?

So all considered here's my experimental team v Stevenage a team who have not massive gates, but massive WILL to WIN and beat Aston Villa with Unai Emery in charge last season in FA cup before been dumped out by our neighbours .

So going be really tough anyway .

Ripley 

Cass Lowe (captain )Debrah 

Sang Walters Arblaster Plant

Chislett 

Uche Loft .

Chislett to play in Garrities position the object of the game get forwards with intent pass and move and score goals and just whip balls in box with pace and first time. 

On Tues I don't know if anyone noticed Plant put a ball in near the end it was inches away from Lofts head but the  idea was good more of that with Loft and Uche connecting and the ball going in  to give them both lift off .

Chislett Uche and Loft to net as experiment succeeds and Vale march into 3rd round 

Is it true to say that Uche and Loft haven't scored a goal playing as lone rangers so why not play them as a 2 and see if that improves there goal output (worth a try is not especially considering the grief lofts getting) as playing up top on own 3 games a week Uche no wonder he didn't reach the heights v Derby and then when Loft generally comes on we already losing and if anything usually we banging it long and getting more and more desperate .
So to me I'm.sure some people would be happy put Loft in there car and drop him off anywhere so he cannot be considered for any game at any time for our club but I'm not that unsupportive of him  why would I be he is Vale now  let him start a game with Uche and lets see if they can CONNECT,you never know ?
So all considered here's my experimental team v Stevenage a team who have not massive gates, but massive WILL to WIN and beat Aston Villa with Unai Emery in charge last season in FA cup before been dumped out by our neighbours .
So going be really tough anyway .
          Ripley 
Cass Lowe (captain )Debrah 
Sang Walters Arblaster Plant
       Chislett 
     Uche Loft .
Chislett to play in Garrities position the object of the game get forwards with intent pass and move and score goals and just whip balls in box with pace and first time. 
  On Tues I don't know if anyone noticed Plant put a ball in near the end it was inches away from Lofts head but the  idea was good more of that with Loft and Uche connecting and the ball going in  to give them both lift off .
Chislett Uche and Loft to net as experiment succeeds and Vale march into 3rd round 

So you are saying leave out Smith, Ojo and Garrity generally our 3 steadiest players, mind-blowing !

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

14 minutes ago, gags 64 said:

So you are saying leave out Smith, Ojo and Garrity generally our 3 steadiest players, mind-blowing !

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

Yes I am maybe there too steady not so much Garrity but the other 2 for sure .

Ojo flatters to deceive at times Walters to me seems have more about him 

Are you Andy Crosby by any chance .

Stick to same old .

If you hadn't noticed we do not score goals .

We also do not experiment and see if we can score goals .

It's boring one paced Smith had his time it's time try someone else not him .

Problem with our support they love some players but don't give others the time of day .

Try somehing different Andy .

Stop been so predictable .

Archived