onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

groundhog day

RayWalkers40yarder

Advert

I don't want to play I told you so's cause it gets us nowhere. But I was given so much stick for saying we will be in a relegation scrap in May when he was given the job. 

I'm no fortune teller - it was plainly obvious that we were not improving the backroom from last season which nearly cost us our place in league one. 

All this money stuff I'm not buying either. We have a competitive squad in all areas of the pitch but striker. We've wasted wages on players we shouldn't have signed and panicked with all 4 of our striking options. Id be amazed if we weren't in the top half of the league for playing budgets - it's just being wasted by poor squad recruitment to one system, and a piss poor coaching team that wouldn't get a job in a pub team if it wasn't for DF's other business. 

1 hour ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

i hate to say i told you so. the abuse i had wanting our non-manager gone and its all coming to fruition now. anyone still want to argue that we should continue as we are??

There's plenty of numpties about who will be spouting the same nonsense with Crosby in charge when we're in the bottom 4 in a couple of months time, of that you can be certain.

56 minutes ago, Emile said:

I don't want to play I told you so's cause it gets us nowhere. But I was given so much stick for saying we will be in a relegation scrap in May when he was given the job. 

I'm no fortune teller - it was plainly obvious that we were not improving the backroom from last season which nearly cost us our place in league one. 

All this money stuff I'm not buying either. We have a competitive squad in all areas of the pitch but striker. We've wasted wages on players we shouldn't have signed and panicked with all 4 of our striking options. Id be amazed if we weren't in the top half of the league for playing budgets - it's just being wasted by poor squad recruitment to one system, and a piss poor coaching team that wouldn't get a job in a pub team if it wasn't for DF's other business. 

I remember Carol stating the importance of recruiting an experienced manager when she said Flitcroft will prove to be invaluable in helping her to run the footballing side of the club.

What happened to change that need.

Financial constraints

There's plenty of numpties about who will be spouting the same nonsense with Crosby in charge when we're in the bottom 4 in a couple of months time, of that you can be certain.
So AC gets sacked as hes become the scapegoat for the overall situation. What about responsibility higher up the food chain?
Are we going to suddenly shell out loads for a proven manager? That would just be insult to injury and very hard on AC.
Mind you he didn't have to take the job I suppose.
All comes down to wether it can be turned around quickly or not, to get everyone off the hook.
Nothing like the pressure pot of Vale reaching boiling point.

2 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

So AC gets sacked as hes become the scapegoat for the overall situation. What about responsibility higher up the food chain?
Are we going to suddenly shell out loads for a proven manager? That would just be insult to injury and very hard on AC.
Mind you he didn't have to take the job I suppose.
All comes down to wether it can be turned around quickly or not, to get everyone off the hook.
Nothing like the pressure pot of Vale reaching boiling point.

He's not alone in his woefulness. Carol needs to take some blame for appointing someone who hasn't proven a thing in management. Flitcroft takes a lot of the blame because the vast majority of our signings it has to be said have been terrible. But Crosby's tactics and decisions during games are often diabolical, and only show his lack of ability as a football league manager. Once he is finally sacked he will end up managing at somewhere like Macclesfield next. That's his sort of level.

33 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

He's not alone in his woefulness. Carol needs to take some blame for appointing someone who hasn't proven a thing in management. Flitcroft takes a lot of the blame because the vast majority of our signings it has to be said have been terrible. But Crosby's tactics and decisions during games are often diabolical, and only show his lack of ability as a football league manager. Once he is finally sacked he will end up managing at somewhere like Macclesfield next. That's his sort of level.

All the things that you’ve stated cannot be argued against. We sleepwalk from one traumatic experience straight into another and questions need to be asked. The only comment I question is that you think he’d get a job at Macclesfield level. His team selection is confusing, I don’t know if he believes this will confuse the opposition because if it is, it’s not working. I listened to him on P&G saying they’d had a discussion after the game and they’ve all said that it’s about honesty and those who aren’t good enough won’t be selected. The Lardies manager said Blackburn did their homework on us scored an early goal and then sat behind the ball. I’m not bothered about him at Sjoke but they all talk a load of pony. It’s a simple game where you get your tactics and team selection correct and take it from there. It’s becoming tedious listening to AC peddle the same rubbish after every game.

Archived