onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote of No Confidence

Emile

Vote of No Confidence  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have confidence in the current regime?

• Yes
    • No - Sack Crosby
    • No - Sack Crosby and coaching staff
    • No - Sack Crosby, coaching staff and Director Of Football

1 hour ago, Valiiant said:

It doesn't matter what we think. We all know that Carol will only get rid once we're out of both Cups and are in the bottom three.

Now is the time to show a bit of ambition and go and get Ainsworth, before another club does. Someone who will instantly give the club and players a much needed pick me up. He's done the business in this league before. I couldn't care less if his style is route one, it can't be any worse than the tedious <ovf censored> we've been enduring under Crosby that's so toothless it should be called Jellyfish football. He will get us organised, get our players getting the ball forward and into the box and won't play square pegs in round holes every week which is a Crosby specialty. 

I’m not sure it would come to being in the bottom three. If crowds started falling and the funding stream was reduced AC would be gone. Carol is a businesswoman first and foremost and if the axe needs to be wielded, she’ll do it. We all thought the same about JA, she said it was a tough decision but she did it. Mustn’t have been easy getting rid of Colin Garlick who was inspirational in her purchase of the club but again she did it. Carol has a lot more invested in the club than any of us do, so it’s in her best interest to keep the stock as valuable and sellable as possible. Just out of interest do the supporters club still exist, I’ve not heard from them since the John Rudge evening. Again they were influential in Carols take over. 

Advert

2 hours ago, Valiiant said:

It doesn't matter what we think. We all know that Carol will only get rid once we're out of both Cups and are in the bottom three.

Now is the time to show a bit of ambition and go and get Ainsworth, before another club does. Someone who will instantly give the club and players a much needed pick me up. He's done the business in this league before. I couldn't care less if his style is route one, it can't be any worse than the tedious <ovf censored> we've been enduring under Crosby that's so toothless it should be called Jellyfish football. He will get us organised, get our players getting the ball forward and into the box and won't play square pegs in round holes every week which is a Crosby specialty. 

All this talk of Ainsworth is absolutely pointless. He lives down South. His managerial jobs have both been in Buckinghamshire/West London. His entire life is built down there and he has a promotion to the Championship on his CV. 

The only way to get him is to make it worth his while to relocate and spend a lot of cash to completely fund a revamp of the team. And then sack him anyway when he doesn't win for a few games.

If he wasn't an ex-player he wouldn't even be in the thoughts of some people. 

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’m not sure it would come to being in the bottom three. If crowds started falling and the funding stream was reduced AC would be gone. Carol is a businesswoman first and foremost and if the axe needs to be wielded, she’ll do it. We all thought the same about JA, she said it was a tough decision but she did it. Mustn’t have been easy getting rid of Colin Garlick who was inspirational in her purchase of the club but again she did it. Carol has a lot more invested in the club than any of us do, so it’s in her best interest to keep the stock as valuable and sellable as possible. Just out of interest do the supporters club still exist, I’ve not heard from them since the John Rudge evening. Again they were influential in Carols take over. 

The supporters club is still going and has always been quite vociferous in its backing of Darrell Clarke and its Chair is now advocating the sacking of Crosby on social media.

1 hour ago, smithie said:

Hand on heart, if Ainsworth hadn't played for us (and relatively briefly at that) would he be in anyone's thoughts as a manager? I think we all know the answer. 

I loathed the "game management" under Clarke, he was at it again yesterday, and it would be even worse under Ainsworth. 

It's anti-entertainment and anti-football. 

That's how smaller clubs make it to the Championship and deep into cup competitions

This is a difficult conundrum, injuries have obviously not helped the cause, the team would have looked very different on Saturday if everyone had been available, so it's the managers job to make the most of who is fit and can play.

The problem is results are all that matters at a football club nothing more nothing less and Saturday's performance was sadly lacking it was obvious that DC would have Cheltenham organised and competitive everything we weren't.

I was confused as to the tactics on Saturday, it seemed to me that it was all a bit confused and the players weren't really invested in what we were trying to achieve, just my opinion.

My biggest criticism is with the recruitment team, not sorting out the wing back  and the obvious striker situation in the close season is not acceptable, for what ever reason financial or availability I fail to see why why we didn't recruit better.

The recent rumour doing the rounds is we are getting a forward coach in to improve our strikers, thats confusing to me, Loft and Uche are experienced so what can they learn that they haven't heard before ?  Plenty after Saturday some will say so but to bring someone in to tutor Thomas seems a sticking plaster

As for the future ........Well Crosby needs a miracle unfortunately, two cup results wont help the free fall down the table, but it might relieve the pressure on him in  the short term, history suggests that the inevitable will happen if league results don't improve injuries or not, that's the predicament a football manager faces.

2 hours ago, blackdog said:

This is a difficult conundrum, injuries have obviously not helped the cause, the team would have looked very different on Saturday if everyone had been available, so it's the managers job to make the most of who is fit and can play.

The problem is results are all that matters at a football club nothing more nothing less and Saturday's performance was sadly lacking it was obvious that DC would have Cheltenham organised and competitive everything we weren't.

I was confused as to the tactics on Saturday, it seemed to me that it was all a bit confused and the players weren't really invested in what we were trying to achieve, just my opinion.

My biggest criticism is with the recruitment team, not sorting out the wing back  and the obvious striker situation in the close season is not acceptable, for what ever reason financial or availability I fail to see why why we didn't recruit better.

The recent rumour doing the rounds is we are getting a forward coach in to improve our strikers, thats confusing to me, Loft and Uche are experienced so what can they learn that they haven't heard before ?  Plenty after Saturday some will say so but to bring someone in to tutor Thomas seems a sticking plaster

As for the future ........Well Crosby needs a miracle unfortunately, two cup results wont help the free fall down the table, but it might relieve the pressure on him in  the short term, history suggests that the inevitable will happen if league results don't improve injuries or not, that's the predicament a football manager faces.

I hope nobody is seriously considering we should sack AC??? Not while Joey Barton is unemployed?

9 hours ago, blackdog said:

I thought Cheltenham were just cheating at every opportunity, how many of their players fell on the floor clutching their faces for example. I expected their game to be poor but I think they took it to a new low.

5 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I thought Cheltenham were just cheating at every opportunity, how many of their players fell on the floor clutching their faces for example. I expected their game to be poor but I think they took it to a new low.

Whilst I'm not blaming it for the loss, football was really enjoyable for the first couple of games when they stopped the time wasting rubbish.

We've reverted to sort though, only 7 minutes injury time saturday was a joke

10 hours ago, blackdog said:

Great post. 

55 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I hate this behaviour and it's a pet hate of mine that refs have the tools to deal with it but never do. Cheltenham earned the right to time waste to victory after we gave away the poorest goals you will see all season. The last time I saw defending like that was watching my lad play for his under 12's team.

This for me is similar to us voting for Brexit.  People are believing in simple answers to complex questions; some of the ideas spouted on here are just plain dumb.

We cannot get away from the fact that we have a squad of players; the same squad that everyone thought was brilliant and had us at second only a few weeks ago.  The same bunch of players, now depleted by 1/3rd due to injury - some of which will be for several weeks.

If we get a new manager in we've got to hope that he will turn the situation round, when AC has already proved he can do that if picking up the defeat to Barnsley on Day1.  If he's done it before he can do it again.

The two strikers we've picked up are not yet fit but will be getting fitter by the day and match.

While I am in no way putting AC in the same position as Ferguson, I remember when Fergie took over at United and, by Christmas, the team were second from bottom and the United fans were calling for Fergie to be sacked.  The Board stuck with him, believed in what he was doing, and he became one of the most successful managers in football history.

No, before anyone jumps all over me, AC won't take us to the Champions League final - BUT, he could get us to finish in the top half of this league this year, he's already taken us further in two cups than we've been for as long as I can remember.  If he gets it back on track we could push for top-6 finish next year.  

To do that we need the fans to stop booing and get behind the team.  Its time for a bit of backbone, to be up for the fight.

Thats just me, though.

12 hours ago, smithie said:

Hand on heart, if Ainsworth hadn't played for us (and relatively briefly at that) would he be in anyone's thoughts as a manager? I think we all know the answer. 

I loathed the "game management" under Clarke, he was at it again yesterday, and it would be even worse under Ainsworth. 

It's anti-entertainment and anti-football. 

Are you enjoying the football under Crosby that might be seen as opposite to anti-football but has absolutely no end product?

11 hours ago, Granville said:

All this talk of Ainsworth is absolutely pointless. He lives down South. His managerial jobs have both been in Buckinghamshire/West London. His entire life is built down there and he has a promotion to the Championship on his CV. 

The only way to get him is to make it worth his while to relocate and spend a lot of cash to completely fund a revamp of the team. And then sack him anyway when he doesn't win for a few games.

If he wasn't an ex-player he wouldn't even be in the thoughts of some people. 

He did a terrific job with Wycombe all in all. Only at Vale could people turn there noses up at Ainsworth and yet were no doubt the same ones celebrating the day we appointed Crosby who hadn't proven a single thing as a manager.

32 minutes ago, Osh said:

If we get a new manager in we've got to hope that he will turn the situation round, when AC has already proved he can do that if picking up the defeat to Barnsley on Day1.  If he's done it before he can do it again.

The two strikers we've picked up are not yet fit but will be getting fitter by the day and match.

While I am in no way putting AC in the same position as Ferguson, I remember when Fergie took over at United and, by Christmas, the team were second from bottom and the United fans were calling for Fergie to be sacked.  The Board stuck with him, believed in what he was doing, and he became one of the most successful managers in football history.

United were actually 15th on Boxing day, and they ended up finishing 13th that season. It was indeed the FA Cup campaign that saved him. Hopefully the same happens for Crosby as I'd take 13th and an EFL Cup win!

4 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Thats not the reason we lost though. 

Archived