onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote of No Confidence

Emile

Vote of No Confidence  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have confidence in the current regime?

• Yes
    • No - Sack Crosby
    • No - Sack Crosby and coaching staff
    • No - Sack Crosby, coaching staff and Director Of Football

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

It was so poor we were within a gnats whisker of top spot at one point.

We have been poor up front all season. 

Everyone said we were playing the best football that they have seen for years but I have never saw it.

We are currently where we deserve to be in the table

Advert

29 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

We have been poor up front all season. 

Everyone said we were playing the best football that they have seen for years but I have never saw it.

We are currently where we deserve to be in the table

We're lucky to be where we are currently, thanks only to that good run in September. We're currently heading (and far too quickly for my liking) toward the bottom three!

2 hours ago, Vale Ball said:

By my reckoning we've played 15 and scored 12 the recruitment for goal scorers is poor and hasn't been addressed we could end up paying for this in the short term.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

It was always going to be the case.  I, and many others bemoaned the surfeit of midfield signings and the dearth of strikers during the transfer window.  I acknowledge that it is of course more difficult with our limited playing budget to sign anyone resembling a 'top strker' but it was therefore blatantly obvious that goals would be at a premium. However, a measly total of 12 so far, is worse than any of us imagined and proves our earlier misgivings to have been (unfortunately) well-founded.

I have no confidence in the owners taking us forward , They have done a great job so far , paying well over the odds for the club in the first  place , and getting us to mid table in league one . I just think they dont want to throw anymore money at it - remember they are business people first and vale custodians second . Ideally I would welcome investment from the chap at Autonet who seems keen to get involved on the inside .  

24 minutes ago, Smallthorne clampet said:

I have no confidence in the owners taking us forward , They have done a great job so far , paying well over the odds for the club in the first  place , and getting us to mid table in league one . I just think they dont want to throw anymore money at it - remember they are business people first and vale custodians second . Ideally I would welcome investment from the chap at Autonet who seems keen to get involved on the inside .  

He has made an offer that was rejected. I believe it would have made Carol £3m profit. Our current owner won’t spend the going rate on forwards and won’t increase the player budget. Whoever comes in to manage is going to struggle as we will not pay the going rate for a good striker.  

18 minutes ago, WV said:

He has made an offer that was rejected. I believe it would have made Carol £3m profit. Our current owner won’t spend the going rate on forwards and won’t increase the player budget. Whoever comes in to manage is going to struggle as we will not pay the going rate for a good striker.  

Is there any evidence this is true? After all, remember last year when Donaldson was "definitely buying 49% of the club" turned out to be "club restructuring and getting rid of Colin Garlick"?

1 hour ago, Smallthorne clampet said:

Sorry but that’s ridiculous. Do we want to be another bury? Need to live within our means. Having said that there’s no way we are on a bottom 4 budget looking at the size of clubs such as Cheltenham and burton. So no excuses for the current <ovf censored> show.

I don’t know if the owners have any more money or are reluctant to put anymore into the club for personal reasons or FFP. The fact is we’re a small club with a small fan base, so investment would be hard to attract. I don’t want any dodgy business person from anywhere in the world buying OUR club. Personally I don’t want a change of owner and I’d put money on the fact that we’ve not got the smallest budget in the league, though that doesn’t  count for everything, it’s down to team spirit and fight in the team, both of which we seem to be lacking, not helped by poor transfers. If it’s not FFP then CS should seek further investment. It could well be that if further investment came from the man who owns/owned Autonet, then he probably wants 51%, controlling stake in the club which CS isn’t prepared to relinquish. Therefore he’d have to buy the club outright and does he have the money for this. Financially the club are in a better place than in previous years and the infrastructure has improved greatly, which never loses its value unlike players.

1 hour ago, WV said:

Your wrong 

6 hours ago, darren1810 said:

8 games ago that was Ray.

Distant history. We haven't won a league game since September 2nd. 

The 12 goals stat is a disgrace. 

It’s not distant history.  The only stat that you can call a disgrace is our recent run and the opening game.  In between was anything but.

It doesn't matter what we think. We all know that Carol will only get rid once we're out of both Cups and are in the bottom three.

Now is the time to show a bit of ambition and go and get Ainsworth, before another club does. Someone who will instantly give the club and players a much needed pick me up. He's done the business in this league before. I couldn't care less if his style is route one, it can't be any worse than the tedious <ovf censored> we've been enduring under Crosby that's so toothless it should be called Jellyfish football. He will get us organised, get our players getting the ball forward and into the box and won't play square pegs in round holes every week which is a Crosby specialty. 

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

So should we just forget about the good run then? 

Of course not. I've referred to it on a number of posts and thank goodness for September's results.  But we can't live on memories and our current form is atrocious and had we not had that fleeting good run, where we would we be now?

Our style of play is too predictable, boring and, most painful of all, costing us points.  Are you happy with 2 points from the last possible 21? That's relegation form!

1 hour ago, Valiiant said:

It doesn't matter what we think. We all know that Carol will only get rid once we're out of both Cups and are in the bottom three.

Now is the time to show a bit of ambition and go and get Ainsworth, before another club does. Someone who will instantly give the club and players a much needed pick me up. He's done the business in this league before. I couldn't care less if his style is route one, it can't be any worse than the tedious <ovf censored> we've been enduring under Crosby that's so toothless it should be called Jellyfish football. He will get us organised, get our players getting the ball forward and into the box and won't play square pegs in round holes every week which is a Crosby specialty. 

Hand on heart, if Ainsworth hadn't played for us (and relatively briefly at that) would he be in anyone's thoughts as a manager? I think we all know the answer. 

I loathed the "game management" under Clarke, he was at it again yesterday, and it would be even worse under Ainsworth. 

It's anti-entertainment and anti-football. 

Archived