onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote of No Confidence

Emile

Vote of No Confidence  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have confidence in the current regime?

• Yes
    • No - Sack Crosby
    • No - Sack Crosby and coaching staff
    • No - Sack Crosby, coaching staff and Director Of Football

Regardless if i think Ainsworth is a God & my fave player of all time his record at this level is pretty damn good & he's experienced. Summit AC lacks in both departments, it wouldn't have to be Ainsworth just someone with more experience than the current manager & who knows how to get out of this league. Problem is would Carol splash the cash that would be needed 

Advert

6 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I thought Cheltenham were just cheating at every opportunity, how many of their players fell on the floor clutching their faces for example. I expected their game to be poor but I think they took it to a new low.

Bad but were they any worse than Bolton?

On 29/10/2023 at 13:29, gags 64 said:

There is something seriously wrong with our whole tactics and set up. Cass and Ojo both telling the paddock to calm down and keep the faith. Difficult to do that when all we see is a painfully slow build up across the back resulting in Ripley launching it. Seems as though the players know it ain't working but they have to go along with it. Without wing backs getting up the line it's never going to work. We look completely lost and devoid of ideas

Totally agree - no one likes this long ball from Ripley tactic & it doesn’t work.

22 hours ago, Granville said:

The supporters club is still going and has always been quite vociferous in its backing of Darrell Clarke and its Chair is now advocating the sacking of Crosby on social media.

The Chairman of the Supporters Club should be ashamed saying stuff like that. 

10 hours ago, Valiiant said:

He did a terrific job with Wycombe all in all. Only at Vale could people turn there noses up at Ainsworth and yet were no doubt the same ones celebrating the day we appointed Crosby who hadn't proven a single thing as a manager.

Well it's hard for him to prove anything as a manager if he's never been one.

As caretaker he oversaw a good series of results in the promotion season and oversaw a bad end to last season. 

So he had a good spell then a bad spell, and this season as manager a good spell and this bad spell. 

Is that so unusual, unexpected or bad for a guy in his first full season as manager? 

10 hours ago, Valiiant said:

He did a terrific job with Wycombe all in all. Only at Vale could people turn there noses up at Ainsworth and yet were no doubt the same ones celebrating the day we appointed Crosby who hadn't proven a single thing as a manager.

I'm not turning my nose up at him. I think he'd be a fantastic appointment, but I don't think its realistic he'd want to come to us, unless we offered a ton of cash to relocate.

22 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Are you enjoying the football under Crosby that might be seen as opposite to anti-football but has absolutely no end product?

I recall a few weeks ago you changing your mind and saying you were enjoying it. Only sing when we're winning!

12 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I thought when Carol did the restructuring of the club all issues to do with the business on the pitch were the responsibility of the Director of Football. Why are we advocating sacking one of the Indians instead of the chief?

So we were all congratulating the Director of Football for the results and style of play in August and September?

I know you don't like Flitcroft but that is a daft argument.

57 minutes ago, Gooders said:

I recall a few weeks ago you changing your mind and saying you were enjoying it. Only sing when we're winning!

Have you enjoyed performances and results over the last month or so?

I'll always give praise when I feel it's due. But go back to my posts and you will see that even when we were winning games, I was still saying we were toothless and had no good forwards at the club. You're not going to continue to get away with that, even more so when your back line has the capacity to self implode.

12 hours ago, smithie said:

Well it's hard for him to prove anything as a manager if he's never been one.

As caretaker he oversaw a good series of results in the promotion season and oversaw a bad end to last season. 

So he had a good spell then a bad spell, and this season as manager a good spell and this bad spell. 

Is that so unusual, unexpected or bad for a guy in his first full season as manager? 

If you're going to be learning the management side of the game as you go along then go and do that in Conference football. Not at a League One club in a difficult league

It was farcical he got the job in the first place based on a few results.

Archived