onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote of No Confidence

Emile

Vote of No Confidence  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have confidence in the current regime?

• Yes
    • No - Sack Crosby
    • No - Sack Crosby and coaching staff
    • No - Sack Crosby, coaching staff and Director Of Football

5 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

I'm a little too old now to give much of a damn about popularity. I'm popular with my dear lady, that's all that matters. And you known damn well I was talking about performance, nothing to do with the competition itself. But I think everyone here is fully aware of how you like to twists people's words to suit your own agendas.

I said it was a good performance and a deserved victory. But it was far from perfect. What else should I say? We won by one goal at the end of the day and therefore Mansfield were always in the game. So it was more of the same... Plenty of nice football in midfield but not much quality in front of goal, where it matters the most. A League One team with some quality in attack would have won by 3 or 4 last night as Mansfield were miles off it, according to their own fans.

So our best performance of the season according to a few but you think we would have lost 3 or 4 to a decent league one side. Remind me again how many times have we lost by 3 or 4 this season?  You’re talking rubbish and for some reason you don’t seem to like it when we win. 

Advert

3 minutes ago, WV said:

So our best performance of the season according to a few but you think we would have lost 3 or 4 to a decent league one side. Remind me again how many times have we lost by 3 or 4 this season?  You’re talking rubbish and for some reason you don’t seem to like it when we win. 

I never said we would have lost by 3 or 4 to anyone, so I'm not even sure what you're rambling about to answer. I also never said it wasn't one of our better performances this season, especially on the back of such dross in the league. But did we score one goal and win by one goal? Fact. Should we have won more comfortably than we did in the end? Absolutely. Is scoring goal still a massive problem for us? Obviously.

I never said we would have lost by 3 or 4 to anyone, so I'm not even sure what you're rambling about to answer. I also never said it wasn't one of our better performances this season, especially on the back of such dross in the league. But did we score one goal and win by one goal? Fact. Should we have won more comfortably than we did in the end? Absolutely. Is scoring goal still a massive problem for us? Obviously.
We scored a goal, Mansfield didn't ergo we progress whilst they bow out.
2, 3, 4 or more goals wouldn't have altered that outcome.
KSurely keeping a clean sheet is more important than scoring more than one goal.
Enjoy the win bud, life's short and League Cup Quarter Finals are few and far between (assuming we ever make one again of course).

Archived