onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Toiletgate!

geoff1

Advert

57 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Why? Most gyms don't have outside windows in my experience, including the current space. Also, the fat blue one had planning permission previously on that space which is a good sign for acceptability of a planning application.

Why??
It’s obviously going be more than just a gym 

2 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Why? Most gyms don't have outside windows in my experience, including the current space. Also, the fat blue one had planning permission previously on that space which is a good sign for acceptability of a planning application.

Presumably the two storey building is more than a gym. Wasn't there mention of changing rooms, canteen, analysis rooms etc. It makes sense for them to all go close to the training ground if so. 

There was a mention (by someone, may have been DF) that the club wanted to make being in the VP dressing room a special thing and so for the training "zone" to be separate from the main club complex would also make sense in that way. In that - you come in as a youngster and you may be used to the building at the training ground but you have to be doing really well to get to move to the Lorne St and use the matchday facilities as a member of the first team squad. For that reason as well, they may want some separation between what's in the LS stand and what's situated on/next to the training ground.

That corner space is possibly better suited for commercial development - to extend the VP office zone (whatever it is called) as it's right next to the entrance and any expansion of that is probably a low, low priority right now.

5 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

Perhaps the club should publish a timeline of infrastructure projects and then coordinate with the supporters' club to engage in fundraising for it.

The Rudge Statue (and, for a very brief period before mysteriously vanishing, the Lorne Street concourse) has had money raised consistently and Vale fans will always step up when the club needs money.

Incentivise the hell out of donations with stadium tours, meet and greets, merch, and work in tandem with a fanbase of 6,000+ to move towards the stuff we need.

The Lorne Street concourse money is still in the SC accounts.  

I know that the "Posh Seats " bring in money but the facilities in the Railway Paddock are no better than a second rate non league side, some of the older fans are put off going on a cold night game there were 3 missing where I sit.

I sometimes think that funds should be prioritised when spending and fund raising is being done.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

10 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

I know that the "Posh Seats " bring in money but the facilities in the Railway Paddock are no better than a second rate non league side, some of the older fans are put off going on a cold night game there were 3 missing where I sit.

I sometimes think that funds should be prioritised when spending and fund raising is being done.

No disrespect but what’s the difference between a cold night game and any other game, apart from the fact it’s cold and it’s night?  The facilities are the same for either, so these individuals are either put off by the time or the temperature, both of which the club have little to no control over, other than bringing the KO time forward significantly or handing out blankets.

No disrespect but what’s the difference between a cold night game and any other game, apart from the fact it’s cold and it’s night?  The facilities are the same for either, so these individuals are either put off by the time or the temperature, both of which the club have little to no control over, other than bringing the KO time forward significantly or handing out blankets.

With respect the old guys near to me don't expect it to warm and comfy but to walk to the Paddock in the dark when it's raining or cold and then have to stand in a queue to use a pee swilled portable bog having no access to shelter at half time is non league.

2 hours ago, Vale Ball said:

With respect the old guys near to me don't expect it to warm and comfy but to walk to the Paddock in the dark when it's raining or cold and then have to stand in a queue to use a pee swilled portable bog having no access to shelter at half time is non league.

With respect, when were things any different?  The walk is pretty much the same, the bogs pee swilled depending on when you use them, as always, the queues variable and always have been.  It wasn’t raining last night although it was cold, but no colder standing in a queue than sitting in the stand.

With respect, when were things any different?  The walk is pretty much the same, the bogs pee swilled depending on when you use them, as always, the queues variable and always have been.  It wasn’t raining last night although it was cold, but no colder standing in a queue than sitting in the stand.
Proves my point there are older supporters who don't go to night games because the facilities don't match other parts of the ground, they have always been poor in the Railway, not kept up with the times.

7 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

They do in the RW suite 👀

17 hours ago, Vale Ball said:

Proves my point there are older supporters who don't go to night games because the facilities don't match other parts of the ground, they have always been poor in the Railway, not kept up with the times.

It proves nothing about the facilities, all it proves is that some folk don’t like the cold and dark.  That may be for many reasons.  Possibly they don’t want to drive at night, who knows.  Maybe they’d simply rather watch a top level match on TV than a team that can’t score.  You’d have to ask them.

Archived