onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Toiletgate!

geoff1

4 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

It proves nothing about the facilities, all it proves is that some folk don’t like the cold and dark.  That may be for many reasons.  Possibly they don’t want to drive at night, who knows.  Maybe they’d simply rather watch a top level match on TV than a team that can’t score.  You’d have to ask them.

I agree with Valeball there were quite a few gaps on Tuesday night where I sit with older fans 70 plus giving it a miss, as one mentioned to me last season there is no concourse to wait in before the game starts and to get a coffee / tea at half time as you get older you do feel the cold and when there's nothing to get excited about you feel it even more !

Advert

One of the “ missing here. Am 70+ and did attend the two Crewe matches. The second one finished me off.

The match was hardly gripping and my visit to the Bulls after even worse. Only six people in the bar. Staff outnumbered the customers! Noticed six pubs on the way back to my car in darkness on a match day.

Now winter is here will take a very big match to get me out again in mid-week. No chance for Fleetwood and not even Derby.

Football for me is 3pm Saturday, nothing else compares. Already looking forward to Cheltenham and Burton. May venture out in April if it is important.

3 hours ago, Phil500 said:

One of the “ missing here. Am 70+ and did attend the two Crewe matches. The second one finished me off.

The match was hardly gripping and my visit to the Bulls after even worse. Only six people in the bar. Staff outnumbered the customers! Noticed six pubs on the way back to my car in darkness on a match day.

Now winter is here will take a very big match to get me out again in mid-week. No chance for Fleetwood and not even Derby.

Football for me is 3pm Saturday, nothing else compares. Already looking forward to Cheltenham and Burton. May venture out in April if it is important.

The two Crewe games were dire and in one case we were lucky to win. 

I have to stay overnight on a Tuesday which I don't mind now I've retired. But it would be great to see better games than I've been seeing. 

17 hours ago, Warren said:

The two Crewe games were dire and in one case we were lucky to win. 

I have to stay overnight on a Tuesday which I don't mind now I've retired. But it would be great to see better games than I've been seeing. 

Which one were we lucky to win? They hardly troubled our keeper in either game and didn't bother him much in the penalty shootout.

1 hour ago, mbycars said:

Which one were we lucky to win? They hardly troubled our keeper in either game and didn't bother him much in the penalty shootout.

In the gripping 0-0 draw, after about 550 passes and 90 minutes effort we managed 3 shots on target. 

Now you might think this is good. You might think it's funny. You might think watching the Vale is one of life's great sacrifice. 

I think that pointlessly passing the ball round against a L2 side is ineffective football, extremely boring and definitely not adequate compensation for my trainfare and hotel bill. 

And by the way. In a stunning piece of ignorance, the players stood in front of the supporters in the Lorne Street Stand and so I didn't get to see any of the pens. 

1 minute ago, Warren said:

In the gripping 0-0 draw, after about 550 passes and 90 minutes effort we managed 3 shots on target. 

Now you might think this is good. You might think it's funny. You might think watching the Vale is one of life's great sacrifice. 

I think that pointlessly passing the ball round against a L2 side is ineffective football, extremely boring and definitely not adequate compensation for my trainfare and hotel bill. 

And by the way. In a stunning piece of ignorance, the players stood in front of the supporters in the Lorne Street Stand and so I didn't get to see any of the pens. 

I didn't say it was good. I was replying to you saying we were lucky and we weren't. We played with a very young side. 2 16 year olds in midfield and 1st half they had the majority of possession without troubling us. 2nd half when we put a few more 1st teamers on we completely dominated them and were unlucky not to score. 

On 26/10/2023 at 20:46, blackdog said:

I agree with Valeball there were quite a few gaps on Tuesday night where I sit with older fans 70 plus giving it a miss, as one mentioned to me last season there is no concourse to wait in before the game starts and to get a coffee / tea at half time as you get older you do feel the cold and when there's nothing to get excited about you feel it even more !

There were massive gaps in the Hamil.  There’s a concourse in there.  Are you suggesting the reduced numbers were because old folk don’t want to queue for a pee in there too?  Gates are always down in the week, even more when it’s colder, yet more when we’re losing games.  The club can’t do much about this despite what you or Vale Ball may think.

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Maybe the fact that the previously netted off blocks near the police box were available let people spread out more. 

Hardly anyone moved over though.  I normally arrive quite late so I was really surprised walking down the steps just how empty the Hamil was at the back on Tuesday.  The fact remains that older fans weren’t simply staying away due to the queue for the Railway bogs on a cold dark Tuesday night as was suggested.

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Hardly anyone moved over though.  I normally arrive quite late so I was really surprised walking down the steps just how empty the Hamil was at the back on Tuesday.  The fact remains that older fans weren’t simply staying away due to the queue for the Railway bogs on a cold dark Tuesday night as was suggested.

I couldn't really see from the other end, one of the stewards told me. 

Archived