onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Toiletgate!

geoff1

Advert

5 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

There looks to be plenty of space there...Screenshot_20231024-151547.thumb.png.70514747ab9397c93aeb92a103a3bec9.png

We are at least (unlike some other clubs) blessed with plenty of space due to the large footprint of Vale Park, but I get the logic from the club that they'd want the gym right next to the training pitches rather than tucked away in the corner of two stands. 

8 minutes ago, robf said:

We are at least (unlike some other clubs) blessed with plenty of space due to the large footprint of Vale Park, but I get the logic from the club that they'd want the gym right next to the training pitches rather than tucked away in the corner of two stands. 

Why? Most gyms don't have outside windows in my experience, including the current space. Also, the fat blue one had planning permission previously on that space which is a good sign for acceptability of a planning application.

4 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

It’s a fair comment about the queues and maybe the club should assess this and add a couple of additional portaloos or whatever.  The main point is that a new roof on the existing bogs costs money which in literally a couple of months will be torn down so the money could be better spent on the new build bogs.  In this day and age you can’t just lash up a roof on a building that’s going to be used by the public so I’d suggest that even a temp fix would cost a decent wedge.

In a more general sense comments in this thread suggesting the notion that we jump from building a new toilet block to a complete new Railway stand is one hell of a leap to make.  “New” half of Lorne Street needs completing before any thought of redeveloping the Railway and gym/training facilities before that.

On a slight tangent, although possibly toilet related, has anyone seen or heard any comments from visiting fans regarding facilities since the end switch?

i didnt expect the boslem inquisition!!!!!!!!!!😁

4 hours ago, robf said:

I'd agree with that.

As I understand it. there will be no operational toilet block for the Paddock until the New Year because they want to replace it with a new block rather than patch the existing one up. 

As we are not filling every seat at Vale Park right now, the club have sensibly restricted numbers in the Paddock as a result. Again, makes sense.

If there is a big cup tie then temporary toilets are a contingency measure.

so why dont we have decent temporary toilets now? 😀

4 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Isn't it a question of 90,000 capacity at Wembley, Steeper stands would be less capacity or very high seating.  The Railway could take a 10,000 stand with a reasonably steep rake if ever justified.

I feel that Wembley has been constructed to the lowest common denominator in terms of the steepness of the stands. So it suits kids and elderly and lightly disabled. But in my opinion this means a poor view of the game. 

The answer in my opinion is separation. Easier said than done. 

Of course Liverpool, building on top of an old stand down the side of the pitch, have created a very steep stand. I don't commend that either. 

Overall I guess Port Vale ain't bad. 

I feel that Wembley has been constructed to the lowest common denominator in terms of the steepness of the stands. So it suits kids and elderly and lightly disabled. But in my opinion this means a poor view of the game. 
The answer in my opinion is separation. Easier said than done. 
Of course Liverpool, building on top of an old stand down the side of the pitch, have created a very steep stand. I don't commend that either. 
Overall I guess Port Vale ain't bad. 
I had no problem with Wembley, the second tier paying extra for a special game. A national stadium so maximising the number of people who can attend. The old Hampden, with 128,000 on even halfway up the terracing, it was not a very good view. The players appeared small.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Archived