onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

3 hours ago, Osh said:

Post of the day.  Exactly how i feel; I like Hoppers post, too, but believe we have enough to be an EFL1 team and fight for our stay in this league.  Without the huge injuries we've had this season I still be lieve we'd be mid-table - I also think we'll end up mid-table at the end of the season.

How is it post of the day , just because you agree with it.  I am getting tired of the injury situation and that being our excuse for being rubbish since September and outside the drop zone because of Reading's point deduction.  We like many other teams in our league and throughout football are dealing with injuries because football is different than years ago, more games, less recovery time, players not playing through the pain barrier, scientists telling managers when and when they can't play and many more issues.  This is why it was criminal to go into a season with one recognised LWB in grant who missed virtually the whole of last season.   After the window shut, we had a forward line of Wilson who we know from the past has never been able to stay fit regular, 5th choice striker from Bristol Rovers and Thomas who had never kicked a ball in the football league, we then a month later sign a player who has not played for 6 months who took 3 months to get anywhere near fit.  We choose to give Jones a 2 year deal who we know has spent more time injured than fit.  

I keep hearing all these injuries but the nucleus of that team Ripley, Smith, Ojo, Arblaster, Devine Ojo, Garrity, Chislett were all fit for that awful run from September to December, they may have missed the odd game but other than Clarke I fail to see who we have missed as Wilson despite being quality, we should have been expecting him to miss and plans should have been in place for this.  

I just fail to see how without 2 forwards one of which needs to know where the back of the net is how we are going to go on a run that will see us comfortable in mid-table, the defence is leaking goals and can't keep clean sheets and we need 2 or 3 goals to get a result.

• Like 9

Loft in one season v us for Scunthorpe scored at there place if I recalled they won 2-0 he led our back line a merry dance and in home game he hit the post as they won 1-0 despite only coming in our half twice the one where there player who signed for Exeter scored after our Central defender backed off instead of just blocking the shot. 

So Loft was very good v us scored the third in 1-3 win aswell after getting away from you guessed it flat footed defence .

Do not buy players based on how do  against us is the answer .

Can  he do it for us well it looks like he is going have 20 games see if he can and he must 

UTV 

Edited by Devine intervention

40 minutes ago, robf said:

Not picking and choosing. His punishment is to do with him clearly looking to be violent against the ref, just as some of those at the Swindon game were given harsh individual punishments for violence on the pitch then.

There was no violence at the Reading protest, the majority of the Vale pitch invaders for the Swindon game were non-violent. They didn't get harsh penalties as a result.

That is the differential factor I think - it's not a black and white same ban for anyone treading on the turf, just the same as it's not the same ban for every foul tackle in the game - some get greater punishments than others. 

It's people taking it to extremes, fighting other fans, trying to attack the referee who get harsher penalties than those simply coming onto the pitch.

I fear I've taken this off topic far too much. I've made my point, some will doubtless disagree but I'll shut up now.

I don't understand why he didn't strip off and run on. He could have pointed to his private parts and given a clear message to the ref that he's a dh or a w. On balance less threatening. 

Edited by Warren
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Rob can you start a new thread relating to the pitch incursion and ship all the comments above to it.

Perhaps then we can, finally, get back on topic please.

But there’s nowt to discuss on topic, transfers, there’s more happening at Burslem library.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Osh said:

Post of the day.  Exactly how i feel; I like Hoppers post, too, but believe we have enough to be an EFL1 team and fight for our stay in this league.  Without the huge injuries we've had this season I still be lieve we'd be mid-table - I also think we'll end up mid-table at the end of the season.

Post of the day, if your heads buried in the sand

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, mbycars said:

Nope i'm 100% sure i saw him chase the referee across the pitch. If he only wanted to remonstrate with him he could have done that from the stand. I have every sympathy with him. The ref was totally clueless and i was incensed as everyone else. You can't do what that supporter did though and not get punished no matter how much we all disagree with the refs decisions that day.

100% needs punishment no place for that at a football match but he was not violent. Angry yes but no violence.Look at the way he was restrained with one hand by Crosby……unless Crosby is next level ninja doing Steven Segal skills which look sedate but are really very violent.

• Like 2

100% disagree. It’s still a criminal offence regardless of motivation. 

I also don’t agree he was going to be violent, whats  more concerning is the ease which he entered the pitch. Pitch invaders could be carrying anything and it’s a real safety issue.

Anyway sorry transfer rumours…….
For all we know he may have just wanted the ref's autograph.

Sent from my SM-G781B using onevalefan mobile app

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

How is it post of the day , just because you agree with it.  I am getting tired of the injury situation and that being our excuse for being rubbish since September and outside the drop zone because of Reading's point deduction.  We like many other teams in our league and throughout football are dealing with injuries because football is different than years ago, more games, less recovery time, players not playing through the pain barrier, scientists telling managers when and when they can't play and many more issues.  This is why it was criminal to go into a season with one recognised LWB in grant who missed virtually the whole of last season.   After the window shut, we had a forward line of Wilson who we know from the past has never been able to stay fit regular, 5th choice striker from Bristol Rovers and Thomas who had never kicked a ball in the football league, we then a month later sign a player who has not played for 6 months who took 3 months to get anywhere near fit.  We choose to give Jones a 2 year deal who we know has spent more time injured than fit.  

I keep hearing all these injuries but the nucleus of that team Ripley, Smith, Ojo, Arblaster, Devine Ojo, Garrity, Chislett were all fit for that awful run from September to December, they may have missed the odd game but other than Clarke I fail to see who we have missed as Wilson despite being quality, we should have been expecting him to miss and plans should have been in place for this.  

I just fail to see how without 2 forwards one of which needs to know where the back of the net is how we are going to go on a run that will see us comfortable in mid-table, the defence is leaking goals and can't keep clean sheets and we need 2 or 3 goals to get a result.

THIS IS POST OF THE DAY

• Like 6
  • Confused 2