onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Deeply embarrassing and deeply disheartening to see Uche is going. Whole season now in jeopardy. Even if we bring in another striker, we always needed another, not just a Uche trade in. Fed up of seeing the club let players under contract walk off mid season for the sake of a few grand. 

We needed new faces, we have big injury issues as is. This window makes the Smurfwaite era and his “sweety jar” during the “honeymoon period” look like Father Christmas! 

All this adulation for Carol, yet she has put in a mere £12 million over 5 years. 

Daii Yoonge has put in over £200m into Reading in roughly the same time period,  yet their fans are now throwing tantrums for being tight. 

Jesus your sense of entitlement is overwhelming.  How much money do you expect someone to spend (with no realistic hope of return) for your entertainment?

Put into perspective 12m = 34,000 years of buying a season ticket!

• Like 8

Advert

9 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I dont for one minute think we are going pay a big fee for Jake Taylor but the lad is 21/22 scored 16 in 20 for a mid table team just one league below so would have a potential sell on value but you say underwhelming.... that imo is unbelievable,i am very interested to find out which striker you would be happy with us signing?

His record before last season is probably why some would suggest underwhelming. I’m more for the signing than against, but that is a concern of mine 

Edited by valiant_593

3 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

I thought Crosby's interview yesterday was very telling when he said there have been enquiries for a number of our players. I'm not doom mongering but you'd have to think that Garrity is right at the top of that list based on his goals & performances. I wouldn't be at all surprised if teams have enquired about Chislett as well. His goals & assists have been really impressive after moving up to this level. Let's hope we can keep hold of both until next season.

Next couple of weeks should be interesting. I'd expect us to be quite busy in the market with both ins & outs.

Yes, a telling comment. The iFollow away commentators against Carlisle reckoned that Ripley and Garrity were both chequebook ready and Chizzy is also clearly up there on the potential transfer board. All a bit too destabilising for me though; if we want to progress, we have to find ways of keeping the core of our best players intact or we can dice with relegation in the second half of the season like we did last year.

We'll see but if we start the second half of the season with a weaker squad than we started, it will be more than a bit disappointing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

It’s actually true. He did put in over £200m. In fact he put so much money in, they were done for financial fair play rules previously! 

Not that part. The protesting cuz he's stopped funding them. They're protesting to stop the club being liquidated. Financial mismanagement by overspending being followed by the owner cutting funds off is what kills clubs dead. Not a Valiant 2001 slow decline into administration, but a rapid collapse into oblivion and non-existence.

edit: anyway this is all offtopic when the topic is our January incomings and outgoing

Edited by Wrex
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mbycars said:

Loft isn't on loan

Taylor wasn't that bad

to be fair taylor had a 1 in 3 ratio with us & he missed a few sitters. His record shows he's a proven goalscorer not sure he was given a big enough chance to impress either 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WV said:

You’re probably right, it might be unfair. Just when she isn’t paying bills to paramedics who stand in the cold all night just in case something happens (like fans, in a way) it gets you wondering. Also when thinking of the future how can we build a team that will compete at the top of this league when we won’t pay anyone over 3k a week? And the ones we do pay 3k a week are shipped out to teams level with us at the first opportunity? 

Just over a week left for Robbie and dono to buy the vale 

Edited by Packmoor_vale
  • Haha 4