onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

23 minutes ago, Vtid said:

you don't honestly believe that do you? Load of bollox that mate he just wasn't fancied & got bombed out 

I think there may have been a bit of Vale annoyance over the way Swansea handled the Thomas injury too. I can't remember which interview but in one of the pre-match ones, Crosby said the Vale were expecting Thomas back and then (I'm paraphrasing) he didn't turn up and they were told by Swansea he'd had a further issue and was a couple of weeks away still. The indication to me (perhaps I was reading too much into it) was that was unprofessional by the parent club and Vale seemed a bit miffed that neither club nor player had thought to mention it to the Vale. 

• Like 3

Advert

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Scored more career goals than Wilson or Chislett, just saying.. 🙂

You can just say it all you like. I'll say it with you, if you like. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he's really poor in front of goal. 

But as I've said previously, I'd rather keep him. If nothing else, playing him as meant we've been able to change our style of play to one which is considerably more watchable. 

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Yeah to be fair , I rated Thomas don't think he was given enough chances , tbh .

Would clearly have been much more effective up front alongside Ikpeazu. Perhaps even Loft. He had a bit of pace and plenty of endeavour. In the right system with a bit of time I think he could have been as asset. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CambridgeDon said:

Yes, well worth watching. Lots of poor league 2 defending but there's no doubting the quality of this lad. Bradford seem to want a packet for him if even Carlisle's minted owners won't pay the asking, so I doubt he's in our price range. Some nice goals though, making me wonder when the last time was we had such a prolific striker (think he bagged 16 in 20 games).

Haven’t Bradford already loaned a striker to Stevenage this week?  How many ‘L1-level’ strikers have they (Bradford) got? Suggests they don’t think Young is going anywhere and have put a price tag on him accordingly.

27 minutes ago, mbycars said:

I've not seen any evidence to the contrary. Has he been loaned out to another club , No.

he's only just been recalled tho. Not saying he hasn't picked up an injury at some point but to not feature for the past 3 months. Come off it 

3 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Haven’t Bradford already loaned a striker to Stevenage this week?  How many ‘L1-level’ strikers have they (Bradford) got? Suggests they don’t think Young is going anywhere and have put a price tag on him accordingly.

As far as Young goes, he came back from Swindon seemingly fully fit and full of goals and then mysteriously picked up a knock and hasn't been involved in any squads for them. If he played for Bradford he would be ineligible to move anywhere else, so the theory goes that he isn't being played because they want to cash in on him. 

• Thanks 4

Just now, Vtid said:

he's only just been recalled tho. Not saying he hasn't picked up an injury at some point but to not feature for the past 3 months. Come off it 

You do realise he's been injured for the last 2 months

3 minutes ago, mbycars said:

You do realise he's been injured for the last 2 months

i beg to differ, i don't honestly believe he's been injured for the last 3 months almost no. We all have our opinions & that's just mine 

Edited by Vtid