onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Devine going is a bit gutting, especially after my lad got to walk onto the hallowed turf with him when he was mascot v Charlton (haven't had the heart to tell him yet 🥺).

It's doubly annoying knowing it's a direct result of the gits down the road nicking Schumacher and Cundle from Plymouth. 

Still, been a real pleasure to have Alfie and Ollie with us for half a season, very best of luck to both of them in their no doubt bright futures 

• Like 4

Advert

Barrow have better players than us.

Barrow have a better manager than us.

11 on 11 tomorrow, Barrow would beat us.

We should be in for the likes of Cole Stockton.

Our “philosophy” is well and good and will probably make money. 
The academy products. Sold. And others will go. Money.

Crosby. His style of play. Never ever ever will change. Tweeked but will always stay a constant. Like it or lump it.

Flitcroft. Earns money for Carol? He stays.

All I needed in my life today to know where the club is going is that Alfie Devine interview.

Its football manipulation.

Every question is thought out.

Every question will have been fed to Alfie.

Every question is now out there in social media to say to the suits at clubs higher than us that we are a good club.

You may as well have held Alfie down and said say what we want you to say.

I absolutely loved Alfie being here but if that’s the way football is going then it’s not for me.

Its so robotic it’s untrue.

I ask the older generation in here…. Is football fun anymore? Is there real passion? I don’t see it. I honestly don’t see it. All I see is a business. I see Port Vale Football Club as a business. A business where Carol Shanahan wants to make money. Nothing wrong with that. But she doesn’t care. She doesn’t. She cares about money. And she, like any other football club owner will put on a front saying that they care, virtue signaling her silly little scarf, when in reality they don’t! They care about making money. 

And don’t get me wrong, I’d rather have her in charge of the club than Smurthwaite, as one wants to make money whereas the other just wanted to steal money but wouldn’t it be lovely to take the politics out of everything.

I don’t want my club to be “robotic”. That’s what we are and that’s what fans can’t see. A robotic club making money for the owners. I want my club to sign the best players and go and challenge up the leagues. 
A lot of this season has been <ovf censored>. Let’s not dress that up. But on the field, when Stockport and Wrexham come up next season, maybe Notts County, that’s more clubs surpassing us on the pitch.

Because when Carlisle, Fleetwood, Reading go down, that’s a lot harder to get points off than the latter mentioned.

The virtue signaling in this club might be ok for a long term plan but the hardcore supporter will just leave whilst the <ovf censored> on the pitch continues. Apart from cracks papered over this last month.

January 18th. Still no striker. Lost our two best players which weren’t ours in the first place. It’s all a bit of a philosophical mess!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Crosby. His style of play. Never ever ever will change. Tweeked but will always stay a constant. Like it or lump it.

All I needed in my life today to know where the club is going is that Alfie Devine interview.

Every question is now out there in social media to say to the suits at clubs higher than us that we are a good club.

I absolutely loved Alfie being here but if that’s the way football is going then it’s not for me.

I ask the older generation in here…. Is football fun anymore? Is there real passion? I don’t see it. I honestly don’t see it. All I see is a business. I see Port Vale Football Club as a business. A business where Carol Shanahan wants to make money. Nothing wrong with that. But she doesn’t care. She doesn’t. She cares about money. And she, like any other football club owner will put on a front saying that they care, virtue signaling her silly little scarf, when in reality they don’t! They care about making money. 

And don’t get me wrong, I’d rather have her in charge of the club than Smurthwaite, as one wants to make money whereas the other just wanted to steal money but wouldn’t it be lovely to take the politics out of everything.

I don’t want my club to be “robotic”. That’s what we are and that’s what fans can’t see. A robotic club making money for the owners. I want my club to sign the best players and go and challenge up the leagues. 
A lot of this season has been <ovf censored>. Let’s not dress that up. But on the field, when Stockport and Wrexham come up next season, maybe Notts County, that’s more clubs surpassing us on the pitch.

Because when Carlisle, Fleetwood, Reading go down, that’s a lot harder to get points off than the latter mentioned.

The virtue signaling in this club might be ok for a long term plan but the hardcore supporter will just leave whilst the <ovf censored> on the pitch continues. Apart from cracks papered over this last month.

January 18th. Still no striker. Lost our two best players which weren’t ours in the first place. It’s all a bit of a philosophical mess!

Your a happy clapper ain't you .

Most of this season hasn't been ---t its been for me a season  of what I expected some good some bad and some downright ugly .

I bet if you look at  the stats for this season over last you will probably see we have had more goal attempts than all last season already. 

Still no striker we have players who can score from all over the pitch .

Uche is getting better by the game not all about goals his general all round game is more watchable than that crap what was produced last season .

Why the negativity towards Carol ,do you really think there family who have invested what is it 6 million of there own money in Vales plight are money orientated I don't think so .

Devine and Ollie were good but our best players are Wilson Chislett and Uche .

We move on im sure behind the scenes DF and CS are working very hard on improving everything Vale .

We are moving forwards on the pitch and off it .

I guess some of us are happy have a club support a club who are growing impressively .

2 hours ago, The Master said:

Very well written. Aside from sharing concerns about the style of play adopted by Crosby in terms of entertainment - which he seems to have addressed - I disagree with you.

At the top of English football, the Premier League is the strongest top division in the world and the strongest national league there has ever been. It's spectacularly entertaining every week.

This means the leagues below are also stronger than ever. Players are pushed down the pyramid.  The top clubs loan out  talented players that can't get into the first team squads yet. Some run a subsidiary business dedicated to loaning players out (e.g. Chelsea). 

Port Vale was a big investment to buy and has required a lot of money to put right the infrastructure. We were about to follow Bury under Smurthwaite and if Covid-19 struck with him in charge. So I am deeply respectful of Carol and family's funding of the club. Port Vale and clubs like us are not good business investments. They are opportunities to enjoy running an expensive community asset.

Port Vale needs to be exceptionally well run to compete at L1 level. There is clearly a significant barrier to going higher in the league structure for clubs of our size.

I expect the wheels to come off at Barrow in the next five years as they have done at Forest Green. Barrow has a population of 55k stuck on the southern tip of Cumbria. Even the street lighting columns had obsolete electrical systems when I audited them in 2011! Plus its located in a position people dont go to. Inherently off the main roads in Cumbria inclufing the M6 and the coastal route towards Whitehaven and Workington et al. It's in rugby league land as well. Go figure. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, The Master said:

What’s even more mental about this post is it was posted at 5.30 am 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Bimbleabout said:

Carol and Kevin are stabilising the club they are also paying out of their own pocket to top up what's needed for us to be in league 1 as our finances are upper league 2 level, not league 1 level. They haven't made a penny from Vale and put their own money in to keep us going. I've heard about 12 mill so far.
Sorry if having a stable,modern, well run progressive club isn't good enough for you.

I would seriously challenge the idea that our natural finances are only league 2 level and that we are in league 1 due to some kind of charity off Carol and Kevin. We have attendances that are far above most league 2 clubs and are average for league 1. We have significant corporate and hospitality services far and away above a league 2 club. 

The only time we really struggled in league 2 was due to prats like Smurfwaite and MOLD taking money for their own pockets. 

Carol and Kevin have saved the club and have it running better than ever, but no way is this club purely being sustained in league 1 through their charity. It is a big enough club to be sustained in league 1 through the size of fan base and existing structures. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Bimbleabout said:

Carol and Kevin are stabilising the club they are also paying out of their own pocket to top up what's needed for us to be in league 1 as our finances are upper league 2 level, not league 1 level. They haven't made a penny from Vale and put their own money in to keep us going. I've heard about 12 mill so far.
Sorry if having a stable,modern, well run progressive club isn't good enough for you.

2 questions.

How do you know that they have put £12 million into the club?

How do you know our upper league 2 level and not league 1?

5 hours ago, The Master said:

While I'm as disappointed as the next Vale fan that Devine and Arblaster have departed, I would prefer to look on the bright side and remember those moments of pure football magic demonstrated by some of the best individual talents seen at Vale Park in at least 30 years.  Remember Arblasters elf-like side step to dodge the flying two footed tackle then putting the ball on the plate for Chizzy against Wigan? Devines goal against Mansfield? If DF & AC and the organisation that Carol and Kevin have put in place and personally funded continues to unleash gems such as these, even if its only for 6 months, then bring it on. Think yourself lucky we did not go the way of Bury when smurfwaite realised that running a football club costs money and is actually a passion for those fortunate (or daft enough) to buy a football club. I doubt there's a single football club in any of the leagues which makes a decent return for the owner (other than Man Utd and the Glazers means of profit is questionable). 

Edited by Hot Rat
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, The Master said:

Modern football fan. Great at spending other people’s money