onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

2 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

He barely played a match since 2020, how can you say any of that with any confidence? I'll need to see him play 10 games before making any judgement on whether it's a good signing.

If a player who's parent club was a championship team came in and he had the same recent track record of bad attitude/injuries and 24 apperences in 4 years everyone would be up in arms. Because he's from Liverpool people are assuming he's going to be brilliant.

Barely played apart from the ones he played for Blackpool last season you mean. 17 appearances I think. 

Advert

Barely played apart from the ones he played for Blackpool last season you mean. 17 appearances I think. 
24 games in 4 (four) years. Ben Lomax who you were saying isn't ready has played nearly 13% of that amount just this year, and he hasn't even got a pro contract.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

24 games in 4 (four) years. Ben Lomax who you were saying isn't ready has played nearly 13% of that amount just this year, and he hasn't even got a pro contract.

He is on loan same as Kofi so if he plays a few games then all is fine. he may even be better than Kofi? One in one out and yes Ben may be better, but that is up to AC to decide.

Up to Rhys now to show what he can do.

Does make me laugh when some moan when we dont and moan when we do 😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ginginator said:

He is on loan same as Kofi so if he plays a few games then all is fine. he may even be better than Kofi? One in one out and yes Ben may be better, but that is up to AC to decide.

Does make me laugh when some moan when we dont and moan when we do 😉

He surely has to be better than Balmer no maybe about it or it's a pointless signing if he isn't. 

Does make me laugh when some moan when we dont and moan when we do 
I'm not trying to compare Rhys and Ben. I'm just calling out the fact that everyone seems to be jumping through hoops for a player who's barely played a game just because he comes from Liverpool.

It would take a lot to be worse than Kofi mind, so just being able to play football and he's an upgrade.
  • Like 3

Not seen any rumours on Devine? Need to keep him ideally or we will be in a mess midfield wise!
Need a Wing Back still, a problem position for us in recent seasons, midfielder to cover (2 if Alfie goes) and a loan Striker or a punt on a promising one on a permanent.
A lot depends on how far away Ojo is I guess though, if Devine goes Ojo and Weir with Chislett in the 10 isn't the end of the world.

Huddersfield I’d heard had maybe enquired for Devine… could be pure hearsay though

4 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I'm not trying to compare Rhys and Ben. I'm just calling out the fact that everyone seems to be jumping through hoops for a player who's barely played a game just because he comes from Liverpool.

It would take a lot to be worse than Kofi mind, so just being able to play football and he's an upgrade.

Flitters says that is “great experience”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy Proctor said:

The Blackpool and Swansea fans I know say he's rubbish, but if you have played 20 games for Liverpool and some are league or champions League games then you have got be half decent. All he's got be able do really is head the ball away, as we have conceded a stack of headed goals. I'm confident he's better than balmer put it 

.Balmer wasn't that bad OK he made a few errors of course he did but so do majority of players make errors, Smiths being making them for years he remains forever , Legge Fitzpatrick Martin Balmer  Donnelly Benning you name it all being offloaded after being part of a defence Smiths included in just seems he is excluded all the time maybe it's time he was moved on in my opinion it IS TIME .

Out with the old in with the new I say .

We could have Debrah Williams and Lowe excellent back 3 that. 

Just need get Dan Jones playing with confidence then he can challenge the 3 at the back is ball usage is very useful with poor players it's of no use with the players we have now it could ne very useful in my opinion .

All about views let's hope Williams is the business he needs to be 

UTV 

6 minutes ago, 1 said:

Flitters says that is “great experience”

I guess our DoF thinks playing half a dozen or so games in the Champions’ and Premier Leagues alongside one of the world’s best defenders (VvD) equates to “great experience”. Nah, unless you’ve played cold Tuesday nights in Burslem alongside ‘Pincher Smudge’ any European or PL experience means nowt.

3 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

I guess our DoF thinks playing half a dozen or so games in the Champions’ and Premier Leagues alongside one of the world’s best defenders (VvD) equates to “great experience”. Nah, unless you’ve played cold Tuesday nights in Burslem alongside ‘Pincher Smudge’ any European or PL experience means nowt.

Probably says we been chasing him all summer ☀️

• Like 2

Fantastic talent, just a question of fitness / injuries and has he got the correct mental attitude to be a professional footballer.

Pretty much make it break for him. If he fails here then he'll be gone from Liverpool and looking for another "last chance" elsewhere. If he succeeds then it's possible he'll play a tenth Premier League game sometime

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

.Balmer wasn't that bad OK he made a few errors of course he did but so do majority of players make errors, Smiths being making them for years he remains forever , Legge Fitzpatrick Martin Balmer  Donnelly Benning you name it all being offloaded after being part of a defence Smiths included in just seems he is excluded all the time maybe it's time he was moved on in my opinion it IS TIME .

Out with the old in with the new I say .

We could have Debrah Williams and Lowe excellent back 3 that. 

Just need get Dan Jones playing with confidence then he can challenge the 3 at the back is ball usage is very useful with poor players it's of no use with the players we have now it could ne very useful in my opinion .

All about views let's hope Williams is the business he needs to be 

UTV 

Here he goes 🙄🙄🙄 Balmer is bloody useless & comparing him to Smith a seasoned pro is just ridiculous & shows your crazy resentment towards him! Pray for him 🤦🏼‍♂️

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1