onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

Just now, Brian Johnson said:

How do not very good Morecambe keep getting their hands on players that easily get into double figures for them? 

Weir, Stockton and Mellon.

Welcome on board David Weirs son. 

Let me be the firs Vale fan to give you a big boo. Booooooooooooooooooooooooo

Only kidding. Go on and smash it lad

David Weir is technical director at Brighton as well as being Jensens dad

• Like 1

Reading Wiki more... Jensen is part of a talented family, bit like the Nevilles

"As of 2011, Weir and his wife Fiona had four children: Lucas, Jensen, Kenzie and Ruben.[57] Lucas, Jensen and Kenzie are also footballers. Lucas and Jensen play as midfielders, while Kenzie plays as a defender. They were all born in Warrington. Lucas plays for semi-professional club 1874 Northwich.[58] Jensen is currently at Brighton & Hove Albion and has played for both Scotland and England since under-17 level.[59] Kenzie made her senior team debut for Everton in January 2022, in the fourth round of the 2021–22 Women's FA Cup.[60]"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Goalscoring midfielder in; goalscoring midfielder (Gazza) out? I blinking hope not! 

I would imagine it's more to cover Garrity being out long-term than a sale. I can't imagine anyone (other than Vale of course) signing a crocked player in the January window. 

• Like 3

Goalscoring midfielder in; goalscoring midfielder (Gazza) out? I blinking hope not! 

It covers a few scenarios. Assuming Garrity is out for a while, that gives Weir a clear run in his role. If he’s any good, then it would soften the blow of a BG departure. If he’s not, then we pursue other options etc.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, manc_vale said:

Reading Wiki more... Jensen is part of a talented family, bit like the Nevilles

"As of 2011, Weir and his wife Fiona had four children: Lucas, Jensen, Kenzie and Ruben.[57] Lucas, Jensen and Kenzie are also footballers. Lucas and Jensen play as midfielders, while Kenzie plays as a defender. They were all born in Warrington. Lucas plays for semi-professional club 1874 Northwich.[58] Jensen is currently at Brighton & Hove Albion and has played for both Scotland and England since under-17 level.[59] Kenzie made her senior team debut for Everton in January 2022, in the fourth round of the 2021–22 Women's FA Cup.[60]"

What's Ruben's job? Football agent? :wink:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, robf said:

I would imagine it's more to cover Garrity being out long-term than a sale. I can't imagine anyone (other than Vale of course) signing a crocked player in the January window. 

3 minutes ago, efsb said:

It covers a few scenarios. Assuming Garrity is out for a while, that gives Weir a clear run in his role. If he’s any good, then it would soften the blow of a BG departure. If he’s not, then we pursue other options etc.

Just hoping it is a short-term option to cover Ben who is the first on the team sheet, the backbone of the team for me. Those are big shoes to fill unless we need to sell for the money. Every player has his price but we should be asking a fortune for Ben who is growing into one of the EFL’s most accomplished goalscoring midfielders. 

Going to go away now and bury my head in the sand before it explodes at the thought of selling Gazza 😱

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MBE said:

That was great bit of knowledge JRC.

Who’s next?

I have no idea. He was the only player who is available who can do much of what Garrity does. Does show how quickly football can turn around, in August he was wanted by Portsmouth,  Derby, Blackpool and Reading. He was very, very good for Morecambe.  He can play as a 10, right midfield, holding midfield, centrehalf and fullback.  I suspect Brighton are still hoping he'll come through but desperately want him playing regularly.  I don't think he quite fitted how Blackpool play. At Morecambe he often sat just behind the centreforward,  I think he even started an odd game at centreforward. 

If you want my best guess, Denver Hume from Portsmouth.  Alternative would be a fee for Adam Mayor from Morecambe whose a left sided player and pretty young. I believe Morecambe have money problems. 

The player I'd love to see at Vale is Charlie Kirk,  although I don't see it happening. 

Edited by JRC
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Just hoping it is a short-term option to cover Ben who is the first on the team sheet, the backbone of the team for me. Those are big shoes to fill unless we need to sell for the money. Every player has his price but we should be asking a fortune for Ben who is growing into one of the EFL’s most accomplished goalscoring midfielders. 

Going to go away now and bury my head in the sand before it explodes at the thought of selling Gazza 😱

Players come and go. I was given all sorts of grief on here when I suggested that we shouldn't have released so much deadwood when the previous manager was here... 

• Confused 2