onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

I’d say that there isn’t a stand out player in our defence they’re all about the same. I also don’t think there’s a great deal of pace either. Therefore Balmer has to return he’s come from an Prem club and should have been commanding our defence. I’d have thought that Palace would have been keeping a close eye on him and his days there are numbered. Thomas is keep if he was playing as he’s better than the comedy due we have up front but whether through injury or just not been selected, I think he’ll return to his club. I also feel Spurs will place Alfie in the Championship, Like Arblaster. With the young players coming through and holding their own, I’m not that convinced we’ll bring anyone in. If I had my wish I’d bring in a pacy LB and RB, just to stem the amount of goals we concede. We aren’t prolific goal scorers and if we don’t concede we get at least a point. That’s providing we stop playing Tipley ball, I see the Peterborough GK gifted Barnsley a goal through thinking he could play football and getting caught out. With exception of one or two GK’s in the world they shouldn’t be trying to do this. There’s a reason why GK’s are allowed to use their and it’s because they’re not outfield players. 

Edited by Playa Amodores

Advert

3 hours ago, Osh said:

I'd love to see Vale go out and splash the cash and buy a Jamie Proctor type of player, someone who can play well with his head and feet but, more importantly,  go and mess with defenders heads.

Its not going to happen Osh.

We have Wilson, Uche & Loft and because of that, the only other striker that will be coming would be a one of those youngsters on loan from up above us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Brian Johnson said:

Its not going to happen Osh.

We have Wilson, Uche & Loft and because of that, the only other striker that will be coming would be a one of those youngsters on loan from up above us

I fear you are right sir.  I'd still like it though. 😎

• Like 5

Massey, Balmer & Conlon need to go they simply aren't good enough. I'd personally keep Cass as a back up but can't see him staying as he's disappeared. I know he has a mistake in him & is lightweight but going forward he's not too shabby & wouldn't mind him as a squad player. Thomas looks like he's on his way so opens the door for Dipepa. Or loan him out & bring another loan striker in maybe 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Edited by Vtid

Not many rumours doing the rounds, just wish lists. A player who may be available is Dan Kemp at MK Dons. Not worked out for him there. He's got 24 goals during loans at Hartlepool and Swindon during 2023. Swindon think he may be recalled,  possibly for moving on for a fee. Plays as a 10, midfield or a forward. Tommy Leigh in his last 6 months at Accrington is another possible and a similar type of player.

Denver Hume has been on our radar before as a LWB.

Charlie Kirk would be a good signing for someone.  

After that I struggling for player we could afford who would improve us. I'd imagine we may well be looking at loans.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

What level is Irish prem? (In terms of league 1/2 ect. Seen Waterford striker is leaving on a free scored 33 in 29 last season, leaving to play in England. (Ronan coughlan) 

Very hit and miss. I'd guess it's League one ish standard.  Good shout though.  Oxford have tried with varying success.

Mark Sykes I think was Northern Ireland Premier and he's holding his own in our Championship. Or that Cooper we had on loan wasn't any good. 

You'd like to think Tottenham would have been as upfront on Devine as Sheff U were on Arblaster. Hopefully we can keep him as he's really come into his own in the last few games. 

Interested in everyone's thoughts on this. Is Devine a better player than Arblaster? Personally I think Devine has a much higher ceiling. He can walz through games and ping a ball beautifully. 

Its difficult to explain but I feel like Arblaster has a humbleness and likeability of being a young northern lad just loving playing footy. His playing style is all action box to box which is always a hit with the fans.

With devine I think as he's always been a high talent on a guilded pathway there has been a touch of arrogance and almost a sense of 'how have I ended up at port vale'. You can see him trying to do stuff and other players are just not on his wavelength.  However as each game passes there seems to be less of that and he's beginning to influence games.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

You'd like to think Tottenham would have been as upfront on Devine as Sheff U were on Arblaster. Hopefully we can keep him as he's really come into his own in the last few games. 

Interested in everyone's thoughts on this. Is Devine a better player than Arblaster? Personally I think Devine has a much higher ceiling. He can walz through games and ping a ball beautifully. 

Its difficult to explain but I feel like Arblaster has a humbleness and likeability of being a young northern lad just loving playing footy. His playing style is all action box to box which is always a hit with the fans.

With devine I think as he's always been a high talent on a guilded pathway there has been a touch of arrogance and almost a sense of 'how have I ended up at port vale'. You can see him trying to do stuff and other players are just not on his wavelength.  However as each game passes there seems to be less of that and he's beginning to influence games.

Alfie is also a Northern lad, born Warrington. Academies Liverpool and Wigan.  Sold to Spurs at 15 for £300K.  More media savvy ?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Alfie is also a Northern lad, born Warrington. Academies Liverpool and Wigan.  Sold to Spurs at 15 for £300K.  More media savvy ?

He's certainly very good at blaming other players when he makes a mistake. He's clearly a good player.