onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

21 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

It will be recruitment team behind the scenes at Sheffield United that will make the decision or at least inform Wilder on his development

Wilder in talks to replace Heckingbottom.  

Edited by Warren

Advert

9 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Find it mind boggling myself just because a guy scores twice on the telly he's suddenly worth a go and scores for fun ! 

Except the focal point of the post was Reading's Sam Smith (a 1 in 3 striker at Cambridge 2021-23) is worth a cheeky bid as Reading are cash strapped and very close to being unable to pay their players which would give Smith the opportunity to walk.

So, read it again mate.

8 hours ago, andy jones said:

Except the focal point of the post was Reading's Sam Smith (a 1 in 3 striker at Cambridge 2021-23) is worth a cheeky bid as Reading are cash strapped and very close to being unable to pay their players which would give Smith the opportunity to walk.

So, read it again mate.

I have mate. And your first paragraph intimates he scores for fun but is probably way out of our price league. 

Which suggests to me were he not he'd be one you'd like ? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Wonder what effect Heckingbottom getting the boot and Wilder coming in will have on the Arblaster situation come January... 

Think Sheffield United, like most Premier League clubs now, have a "loan manager" who recommends what to do with their pitch on loan players, so unless that's changed too I would guess the plan (whatever it is) won't change too much.

IMHO I think the plan has always been see how he does and see how Sheffield United do. If he's doing well and they're struggling, as is the case, they recall him in Jan, send him to a Championship club on loan to see how he does there, then stick him in their team when they come down so they have a ready made Championship player and they can flog someone like Gustavo Hamer to Fulham for £30m and bank the cash.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I have mate. And your first paragraph intimates he scores for fun but is probably way out of our price league. 

Which suggests to me were he not he'd be one you'd like ? 

Though a striker he may still be relatively cheap for Reading having been signed from Cambridge, with some of his teammates possibly still on Championship wages and the likes of Savage coming in from United. However, have read their head coach/manager and DoF equivalent have recently deferred their wages so others can get paid so guess they may be that desperate they may be happy just to have their academy players (some of whom are very good as well as cheap) as the core of the team and let players like him go.

51 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Wonder what effect Heckingbottom getting the boot and Wilder coming in will have on the Arblaster situation come January... 

Only possibility I could see is a struggling Championship club. 

Like Huddersfield, Stoke or Rotherham. 

Don't see being involved at Sheff Utd this season will benefit him whatsoever. 

On 04/12/2023 at 09:03, CAVALIER said:

McCallum had his chances years ago and is now about 100, well 30 apparently. Never done much outside non league. Scott Quigley meanwhile..

On 04/12/2023 at 12:13, Shropshire_Valiant said:

McCallum has been around for sometime has mostly done well at national league level.  I think he's had a spell with Orient in League Two earlier in his career and didn't do a great deal? Other than that his record is very good in the NL surprised no one else has taken a gamble on him although would appear he's a Londoner based on all the teams he's played for and has sparingly ventured north of Watford Gap!

Played three times for Aldershot in one season against the Vale in 2015. Scored once.

That's a real area of concern for me. While I'm sure Dan Jones and Conor Grant are great people, how on earth do they get two year deals with their injury records? It really ties the club's hands in terms of moving players in and out -  if they have two or three players who are regularly unavailable but can't be removed because they are on long contracts. 
On another note, I would hope a long-term contract for Rhys Walters is a high priority. While it's clear we need a forward and a left-sided player in January, I still think signing up Walters should be up there too. When Arblaster goes back, either in January or at the end of the season then Walters is the obvious choice to take his position alongside Ojo. 
I can see Walters moving on, I hope not but him and his agent will know his worth and will test the waters

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app