onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

9 hours ago, JRC said:

Just before he got injured last season he had a run of 4 or 5 games in the middle of a 3 when he was very good. He had a nightmare at Barnsley but was pretty solid after. Despite being left footed his better performances seem to be when played more centrally.  

Plymouth away last season was one of the best performances from a Vale defender for years. I love DJ. Strong as an ox, got a mistake in him, but is also capable of Beckham-esque long balls.

• Like 7

Advert

6 hours ago, Mellor! said:

Plymouth away last season was one of the best performances from a Vale defender for years. I love DJ. Strong as an ox, got a mistake in him, but is also capable of Beckham-esque long balls.

The odd crossfield pass that works doesn’t make him a good player. His defensive work should be what defines him. We need him to ad balance to the side on the left hand side of defence and he’s a valuable member of the squad when he’s fit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

Plant is a winger/striker?

He's never been a wingback at youth level.

Robbie Earle was a striker or winger at youth level. Debrah was a centreforward.  Alfie Devine played as a defensive midfielder for most of his age group football.  Jason Lowe started as a centrehalf, moved into midfield,  then played at rightback at Bolton and quite often at Salford. Now he's back where he started. A lot of players end up finding a new position after they've fully developed I'm there late teens/early 20s. 

Personally I think Plant will probably be a RWB.  At Salisbury he did play left midfield during his loan; so something close to LWB second half of last season. He's got tremendous stamina whereas his pace is only good rather than electric.  He's more a 400m rather than 100m  runner; so naturally suited to getting up and down the pitch. Russell Bromage was similar in terms of stamina and pace, making the journey from left wing to leftback. 

• Like 1

On 09/11/2023 at 12:13, valeparklife said:

It's all about opinions, but I think Plant is completely wasted as a WB.

Need to get him running at the oppositions goal rather than our own.

Totally agree - also think it’s unfair to play him out so position ……BUT…..I think he is our best option at LWB even when Grant available.  It’s definitely our weakest position in the squad.

I think the likes of Conlon,Cass,Wilson and maybe a couple more will be shipped out in January,we just need to have everything crossed that we have now learned our lesson(like we did with the keeper situation) and try to spend a bit extra on getting that striker in we need(one who can score i mean). I also guess that Thomas and Arblaster will return to their parent clubs,I feel sorry for Thomas the one striker who has 3 in 6(and a couple of sub appearances) for us but still cant get a run of games

• Like 5

On 11/11/2023 at 09:35, RPH-KV said:

Totally agree - also think it’s unfair to play him out so position ……BUT…..I think he is our best option at LWB even when Grant available.  It’s definitely our weakest position in the squad.

Need to be able to put more crosses in from the left wing. Agree that we are weak down the left

15 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I think the likes of Conlon,Cass,Wilson and maybe a couple more will be shipped out in January,we just need to have everything crossed that we have now learned our lesson(like we did with the keeper situation) and try to spend a bit extra on getting that striker in we need(one who can score i mean). I also guess that Thomas and Arblaster will return to their parent clubs,I feel sorry for Thomas the one striker who has 3 in 6(and a couple of sub appearances) for us but still cant get a run of games

I’d like to see us do that. Think we need to utilise budget better.Let’s hope end of Jan we are not a weaker team like last year.

Edited by MBE

23 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Nice to see Tom Pett finally get sorted with a club.

DC signed him for Cheltenham and played the full 90 minutes on Saturday against Wigan

On that, I only found out a few days ago that Tom is the son of one of my business partners - just glimpsed his profile on LinkedIn and there was a picture of Tom in his new 'Nam kit.  

WhatsAppImage2023-11-09at15_39.21_0be28b94.thumb.jpg.fd7da3f5a187808c333d1e06c0de8918.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1