onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sentinel Port Vale News to be a subscription / Baggers

PV1973

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

For a tenner a year why not? If it's a success then maybe they will put the coverage out there for free, or maybe just start charging Stoke fans for coverage of their club. Either way it's a win!

How is it a win?  Stoke content is free and Vale content will be £40 next year.

Edit:  Looks like Jacko has summed it up…still not a “win” though in my view.

Edited by Guitar Ray
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert

1 hour ago, Phil said:

They aren't playing Newcastle on Sunday, they are playing Redditch in the Womens FA Cup!

Thanks, Phil - but who knew? That's my faulty memory for you - the Newcastle game is on 29th October according to the FA site. It proves my point though - it's not at all easy to find this out. There isn't even a decent search facility on the FA site that will take you straight to the Vale women without a good deal of navigation.

Anyway, for those who want to see the women's league table with the Vale sitting proudly in second, here it is:

We could all be saved this hide and seek palaver if the Vale official website had a proper women's page. Maybe Baggers will cover it!

• Like 1

Personally think it's a disgrace paying a local newspaper a subscription fee to produce news and analysis specifically for a a local community club. Shame on you Sentinel. I will not and will never subscribe to this service. Nothing against Baggers or the club, I hope for the sake of football fans supporting local clubs around the country Vale fans do not subscribe and this initiative fails.

This is the start of a very slippery slope, will we see BBC local stations doing the same for content and commentary....its coming!

• Like 4

I might be misunderstanding this article but PVFC own everything Port Vale, so is this what the club are doing and Baggers is fronting it. I’m sorry but as stakeholders by financially supporting the club, why do we now have an additional payment for information about the club. Some fans may not be able to afford it and it then becomes exclusionary. 
Peterborough stated they weren’t going to let BBC broadcast their games and it coverage would be through subscription and I’m not sure anyone on OVF was in favour of this move.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I might be misunderstanding this article but PVFC own everything Port Vale, so is this what the club are doing and Baggers is fronting it. I’m sorry but as stakeholders by financially supporting the club, why do we now have an additional payment for information about the club. Some fans may not be able to afford it and it then becomes exclusionary. 
Peterborough stated they weren’t going to let BBC broadcast their games and it coverage would be through subscription and I’m not sure anyone on OVF was in favour of this move.

You raise some good points there, maybe it’s a partnership between the club,Baggers and the senile, so if the proceeds are a 3 way cut nobody will be making much from it, probably won’t cover Baggers wages.

cant see this lasting.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Unless I'm wrong this is a purely Sentinel publication. There's a big piece in today's paper plugging it so its definitely a Sentinel publication, I would guess largely reliant on the club for information and they've got Baggers to do it because of his contacts and relationships with the club. 

My question is what exactly will be in this newsletter to make it worth ten, and eventually forty quid a year? If its the press conferences, then they're uploaded for free, and if its the match reports, are they now going to be pay to read???

• Like 1

It's a no from me.

Gave up on that website months ago, haven't missed it one bit.  Anything important will be on this wonderful site anyway. 

Not sure on their logic anyway.  I used to have a nosy on stokes pages, and we know stoke fans did likewise cos they leave comments. 

I wouldn't just on principle.  They tempt you with a tenner, presumably thinking what's a tenner, but dud I read it's 40 thereafter? And that will increase obviously 

• Like 3

Some people are prepared to give stuff a chance. For me I only have a fixed amount of time even after retiring. I'm quite restricting with online time. Facebook never. Twitter/ X early warning of the team on match days. Check PV website a few times a day. Spend too much time on here. Sky Sports News. That's it. No plans to expand. 

13 hours ago, Conrad said:

So Sjoke and crwho news is free but vale news is £10 rising to £40, don’t think so.

I know Christmas is approaching but I haven’t fallen out of the tree just yet.

Crewe news?. Totally disappeared of my SOT Live pages. A few years ago new every Crewe player. Up until we played them couldn’t name one.

• Thanks 1