onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cambridge (A) match thread Sep 23rd

Trumpingtonvale

Obviously it's unfortunate that Loft is out, but as a few other people said at the time, going into the season with three strikers (one playing his first ever professional games, the other infamously injury-prone) was a fairly big gamble. You create your own luck.

If Wilson picks something up (which he usually does at this time of year), then it's just Josh Thomas to see us through for a while - who is promising but without a league goal in his career.

We'll see Massey start a league game up front at some point. 

Advert

The goal yesterday is delightful. Proper football. On the deck, crisp, direct, through the lines, technical players like Arblaster and Chislett linking up. The fact we're doing this 10 games in is very impressive.

Crosby's ability to coach a team in possession is the biggest surprise for me. Really didn't see it coming.

The biggest tension I can foresee is us being 'in and around' the top 6 on January 1st and the interminable 'do we spend on a striker' debate will kick in.

Sorry for being off topic but anyone else watching the on sky at the moment....

Citie 0
Hull 2 (TWO goals in a minute)....

WHAT a load of old HITE!!✓✓.
Put the match on. Had to turn it off after a minute. The dog started howling and only stopped after I turned it off

19 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

3 strikers isn’t enough regardless of formation. We needed the 4th and didn’t get one, any decent free agents available? 

Connor Wickham is still a free agent. Josh Emmanuel is also still a free agent. Not sure why he's still free, but would a great option to have at RWB. Would mean Sang not playing out of position as well. 

24 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

3 strikers isn’t enough regardless of formation. We needed the 4th and didn’t get one, any decent free agents available? 

Will have to disagree with you there fella as give me quality over quantity any day. The trouble is I’m not convinced we have either. Wilson’s recent performances shows he deserves his place in the squad  but I’m far from convinced by our other two forwards. 

3 hours ago, Warren said:

I thought Cambridge scored a good goal. Clinical at the back post. The reason I can forgive that one is that it was difficult to cross the ball to that position to score. Once the crosser succeeded in that the attacker was always favourite and not least because the goalkeeper has been taken out of play. 

What annoyed me was that we (Cass) backed off so much that the guy came into a perfect place to put in that cross. Somebody needed to stop the run to our box long before he got there. 

Will have to disagree with you there fella as give me quality over quantity any day. The trouble is I’m not convinced we have either. Wilson’s recent performances shows he deserves his place in the squad  but I’m far from convinced by our other two forwards. 

So 2 out of the 3 forwards are out with illness and injury and you would still go with 3 forwards????

So 2 out of the 3 forwards are out with illness and injury and you would still go with 3 forwards????
We could have 8 and have 7 of those out with illness and injury. You'd then be saying that we need 9 or 10. Point is that with the system we play 3 would ordinarily be enough. You cannot legislate for illness and injury. Everybody expected Wilson to be out already. He's been the fit one!

1 hour ago, sheffield61 said:

Sorry for being off topic but anyone else watching the 💩on sky at the moment....

Citie 0

Hull 2 (TWO goals in a minute)....

WHAT a load of old 💩HITE!!✓✓. 🤣🤣

Me.

Its funny to watch.

Those 2 goals in a minute in that first half were class and I could not stop laughing.

Then, for the rest of that half, Hull totally took the piss out of them with total possession football

20 new players Stoke have brought in - all foreigners and it showing

Archived